I probably won't cover it on the main page since I doubt it will contain any real Titan info, but it will definitely be an interesting event.
We'll finally get to see how the Annual Pass, 4.3 and SWTOR have impacted WoW's subscribers number and with a bit of luck, we might get more details on when will D3 FINALLY FREAKIN' LAUNCH ARGHHH. *Cough*, sorry about that.
I'll update this post with the most important news we'll get, so check back here after (or during) the event.
Until then, what are your predictions? Will they say anything new and meaningful about Titan? Will MoP get any love (like a beta announcement for example)? Or will it be a boring, full of big numbers, event?
Previous investor events covered here on TF: Q3, Analyst Day
- "Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft® Remains #1 Subscription-based MMORPG with Approximately 10.2 Million Subscribers as of 12/31/2011" A loss of only 100k subs in 3 months, even with SWTOR launching. Not bad. Although it's worth mentioning that SWTOR's impact might be more noticeable in the Q1 2012 report.
- "Call of Duty Elite Has 7+ Million Registered Users Including 1.5+ Million Annual Premium Members as of 1/31/12"
- Activision Blizzard - largest and most profitable 3rd-Party interactive Entertainment Publisher
- From the above picture, it looks like Titan will have an alternative revenue method as well and it won't rely only on the usual retail income.
- Skylanders Spyro's Adventure™ was #1 Kids Video Game for 2011 with 20+ Million Toys Sold. :|
- Aproximately 50 Million monthly active users across Battle.net, CoD multiplayer + Elite and Skylanders WebWorld.
- They're sitting on around 3.5Billion $ (cash and investments).
- new CoD game in 2012 (doh!)
- Activision and Bungie working on a "multiplatform genre defining new IP"
- patch 4.3 and Annual Pass highly successful (more than 1 million passes sold in the West)
- new info on MoP coming on March 19th after the press event... beta "upcoming" (no date mentioned)
- More info on D3 release schedule in the coming weeks... they're targeting a Q2 launch (April - June)
- and that's about it, Q&A session started now... no details on Titan unfortunately, except for the mentions you see in the above pictures.