10 replies to this topic

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,668 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
It's going to take place on February 9th.

I probably won't cover it on the main page since I doubt it will contain any real Titan info, but it will definitely be an interesting event.

We'll finally get to see how the Annual Pass, 4.3 and SWTOR have impacted WoW's subscribers number and with a bit of luck, we might get more details on when will D3 FINALLY FREAKIN' LAUNCH ARGHHH. *Cough*, sorry about that.

I'll update this post with the most important news we'll get, so check back here after (or during) the event.

Until then, what are your predictions? Will they say anything new and meaningful about Titan? Will MoP get any love (like a beta announcement for example)? Or will it be a boring, full of big numbers, event?

Previous investor events covered here on TF: Q3, Analyst Day

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

• "Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft® Remains #1 Subscription-based MMORPG with Approximately 10.2 Million Subscribers as of 12/31/2011" A loss of only 100k subs in 3 months, even with SWTOR launching. Not bad. Although it's worth mentioning that SWTOR's impact might be more noticeable in the Q1 2012 report.
  • "Call of Duty Elite Has 7+ Million Registered Users Including 1.5+ Million Annual Premium Members as of 1/31/12"
  • Activision Blizzard - largest and most profitable 3rd-Party interactive Entertainment Publisher

Posted Image

• From the above picture, it looks like Titan will have an alternative revenue method as well and it won't rely only on the usual retail income.
  • Skylanders Spyro's Adventure™ was #1 Kids Video Game for 2011 with 20+ Million Toys Sold. :|
  • Aproximately 50 Million monthly active users across Battle.net, CoD multiplayer + Elite and Skylanders WebWorld.
  • They're sitting on around 3.5Billion $ (cash and investments).

Posted Image

• new CoD game in 2012 (doh!)
  • Activision and Bungie working on a "multiplatform genre defining new IP"

Posted Image

• patch 4.3 and Annual Pass highly successful (more than 1 million passes sold in the West)
  • new info on MoP coming on March 19th after the press event... beta "upcoming" (no date mentioned)
  • More info on D3 release schedule in the coming weeks... they're targeting a Q2 launch (April - June)

Posted Image

• and that's about it, Q&A session started now... no details on Titan unfortunately, except for the mentions you see in the above pictures.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Draykorinee

Draykorinee
  • Early Adopter
  • 60 posts
  • Location - Brighton, uk
Honored
Well hear nothing about titan, it will be all about numbers EXCEPT they will give us a release date on D3, they have to surely. I also think well see either a rise in subscription numbers or a dramatic fall in lost subs, I do not see the same trend that has happened the last 3 quarters.

Dendarang

Dendarang
  • Early Adopter
  • 44 posts
  • Location - Europe
Exalted
I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of worthwile news. There were theories that will most likely give the release date in the previous call, and the one before that and the one before that, etc. They will spend 30+ minutes talking about Call of Duty, how awesome it is, how awesome it sells, they may rip Mike a new one if WoW's numbers fall to low for which he will apoligise, a lot, they will also problably mention SC map marketplace and excpected RMAH profits. And as for D3, they will say something infuriatingly vague "we are still aiming for Q1 or possible Q2, release", which won't tell us how close they are to finishing the game, what are they working on, etc. Or they may even announce delay, which a lot of fans are expecting due to recent news about core system changes. I know I sound like a cynic, but I, and a lot of people, got super hyped for previous 3 or 4 calls, only to be greatly dissapointed each time. And, titan will be completly ingored, they know that public listens to these, they aren't going to release info on one of these.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,668 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
One day left so I guess I'm going to throw in my predictions. :D Let's see...

- less than 500k WoW subs lost in the last 3 months. The Annual Pass and patch 4.3 were both a success and managed to reduce the impact from SWTOR's launch. Bioware also helped, by making SWTOR less than stellar. :p

- MoP will be mentioned a lot and we might get a rough estimate of when the beta period will start.

- About D3, I find it really hard to predict if we'll get a launch date or not. It could definitely happen, considering the Korea RMAH problems are solved, the B.NET Balance system is up and running and things in the beta are looking smooth. Even so, I'm going to go with No. I'm so used with waiting for a release date, I can't possibly imagine a different state. :laughing:

- When it comes to Titan, unfortunately I doubt we're going to get anything juicy. Just the usual "hey look, it's coming" tease. The only way I see Blizzard giving actual details about Titan is if WoW has had a REALLY bad quarter. If this is the case, they'll want to reassure their investors that the future is much brighter and MoP will probably not be enough for this, so they'll have to get Titan out of the bag too. But I really doubt it's going to go down like this..

Draykorinee

Draykorinee
  • Early Adopter
  • 60 posts
Honored
I think well see a drop of around 250-500k I honestly only know 2 people who have quit wow for swtor, people really enjoyed 4.3 from my guild.
D3 date will finally be released!!! yes it will!
Excited!

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,668 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
Starting! :D Check the first post for updates.

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 307 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum
They just said next gen mmo!!!

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,668 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
Yeah, but no real info about it, so far.

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 307 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum

Yeah, but no real info about it, so far.

True, but they said it! :p

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,668 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
Yup, at least we know it's still in production. :D

Draykorinee

Draykorinee
  • Early Adopter
  • 60 posts
Honored
q2 for diablo...so apr-june guess its better than nothing. And 100k subs lost supposedly...well that aint bad.