8 replies to this topic

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
Mynsc :p

Also holy Hamsters rock, Squirrels suck!.

Bow down.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I'm thinking that if I ban you now, I'll save myself so many "I told you so"s, it might actually be worth it. -_-

Seriously though, I do not understand their math. It's weird that they went up in subs with almost the number of expansion boxes sold, no? 

If you're a returning player, you're gonna buy the expansion for the free bost. There's almost no point in leveling the old fashion way and I'm sure you're tired of it if you've played before. So I don't think there are many players that returned after Sept 30, however didnt purchase the expansion.

This would mean that only about 1M players that were already active purchased the expansion, however most of them kept the sub. That's also weird?

Although these are sales only from the first 24 hours, so many more will follow. I guess some already active players have some unfinished business in Pandaria, or are awaiting reviews?

P.S. I wonder how much of a factor for this resurgence is the fact that we now know Blizzard is all-in with WoW, without an MMO successor in the works. I know it counted for me, since it's more enticing to invest time in a game that you know still has a lot of content ahead of it.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 315 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum

10 million subscribers again O.o

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

I'm thinking that if I ban you now, I'll save myself so many "I told you so"s, it might actually be worth it. -_-

Lol

I was thinking the same in regards to numbers. After seeing the two, I looked like this ---->  :huh:

I just doen't make much sense. 

I was also thinking there would be a surge from both Titan waiters being crushed and people just giving up on the current MMO market.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal
Although I don't plan on playing WoW again I still think it's the best MMO out there so I'm not surprised. WoW will have a steady playerbase as long as Blizzard supports it.

Gz to Blizzard! Now take all that reveneu and get started with Starcraft Universe please :)

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Loving this expansion so far (although I think they need to reduce apexis costs and remove them entirely from rep stuff asap if they don't want a massive backlash ala mop dailies). I don't like to be saying this because I still maintain that MoP was the best expansion but this feels very Warcraft to me. Maybe MoP was excellent in its own way and context but not as a Warcraft game necessarily? Still this sets a very negative precedent because they are unlikely to take any risks, especially creative risks in regards to themes and settings for future expansions. Very bittersweet.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

It's definitely the best leveling to date. Not the best quests, gameplay wise, but the story and the diversity of the stuff you can do to gain exp makes it very fun!

Edit: Also, loving the magic they did with the server caps. No queues in the last few days, on one of the most popular EU servers. I doubt so many people quit so fast. :D

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
10 years and at least 10 million subs (it was 10 million as of November 13 without asia launch). The reviews and word of mouth this expansion is getting is kinda insane. I almost forgive them for 5.4 blunder, almost.

I am hopelessly addicted to garrisons, I love that they focused on content and gameplay here instead of fluff which gets old after a week. I am still reminded how massively savaged everything about WoD and are now salty and passive aggressive. This is the best.
I think I am still drunk from yesterday, my insides are burning right now :(

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

I uh.. well I bought WoD. Having lots of fun, I hate to say it..

It's nice having an MMO that I can play casually and still feel like I am doing something. Which is basically the exact opposite of how I used to feel about casual MMOs. I think lately I've had to acknowledge that what makes a game awesome doesn't necessarily make it practical. (lookin @ you Wildstar)