Change
Photo

World of Warcraft: The MMO of the future!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

Looks like Mike and Chris weren't kidding, we ain't getting a new MMO from Blizz for a long, long time. 

I have come into acceptance of this fact and will be jumping into WoD with my boosted 90! I know the boosts are not looked at favorably by all people, but it allows people like me to get in on an even playing field. 

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Although I love WoW and am more into it now than I ever have been (Raiding), I am looking for something new in the next few years. I'd play Wildstar but the endgame seems extremely encompassing and time consuming, time that I don't have. I'm interested in what Riot Games might be up to as they've recruited many developers of successful MMOs.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
I don't think Riot will ever do an mmo. They are not stupid. There is probably a lot of pressure on them to make something though despite LoL still growing, WoW was also growing until the end of WotLK, these things happen quickly.

Sarn I am glad you saw the light, I would like to think it was my WoW threads on this forum :p

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

:realmad: That's it! :realmad:

I'm making my own all-encompassing MMO of the future.

Who's with me?

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal
WoW is awesome but I can't get myself to play themepark MMO's again.

Some sort of sandbox an sci-fi is what I'm looking for. Hoping that Star Citizen will be the next big thing but not going to get too hyped this time.

Also please Riot make an MMO.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I keep thinking of the WoW movie. If you look at what movies did to worlds such as LOTR or ASOIAF (Game of Thrones), you can imagine that a comparable effect could be felt on WoW the game, if the movie is a hit.

I think the game depends on the movie in a very significant way and that Blizzard is counting on this and making big plans for 2016. It's almost guaranteed that we'll have a March / April 2016 expansion launch (movie launches at the start of March I believe).

I may come back to WoW, to try out the new expansion, but I don't see myself playing past the first 30 days. If I'll somehow have time to really get into an MMO again, there are definitely more tempting candidates, such as ArcheAge and any of the sandboxes that are already playable in early-access.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Venald

Venald
  • Early Adopter
  • 13 posts
Neutral

I have thought about leveling a lot. If they keep upping level cap to like 150 or something and keep about the same time to reach the level cap the leveling experience is going to be bad because then each level takes less time.  Quick solution to this is give boost to level 90 but imo its not very good because new players don't get to experience content from begining.

http://www.reddit.co...ine_how_much_a/ This says that leveling from 1-90 takes about 95 hours so that is about an hour per level. If they increase the level cap to 150 it would take about half an hour per level. Even now i feel that i am just mindlessly speeding thru content.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
https://register.boi...kNumberType=APP

Holy Hamsters rock, Squirrels suck!. New wow expansion?

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

There I go reinstalling WoW. Haven't purchased WoD yet though. I'm going to use the free 7 days game offer to decide. And Blizzcon.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
Time to pull those screenshots from my one drive :ermm: