• Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Previous Conference Call thread

Tuesday, August 5, 2014
1:30 p.m. Pacific Time , 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time, 21:30 UTC

You can listen to the event yourselves, by going here and signing up in case you haven't already.

I won't initially feature the event on the front page, but I will watch the conference attentively and will report there on any Titan info (lol) that might come out.

Also, I will constantly update this post with news about the event and, on August 5, with real-time info and pictures from the conference.

---- Predictions ----

Moar WOW subs lost. Atleast 500k!

Maybe a bit of Blizzcon / future projects info? It will be a very boring event if they don't touch on this at all.

Not sure what else they can offer regarding SC2 / D3 / HS.

---------------------

Full press release (PDF) already available, 20 minutes before the start of the conference. Highlights:

• As of June 30, 2014, Blizzard Entertainment’s Diablo III: Reaper of Souls remained the #1 PC  game in dollars in both North America and Europe and, including its expansion and digital  sales, Diablo III has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide across all platforms since its  release in 2012.
  • As of June 30, 2014, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1 subscription-based MMORPG, with approximately 6.8 million subscribers. There was a decline in subscribers quarter over quarter, which was disproportionately concentrated in the East and was similar to the seasonal decline experienced during the second quarter of 2012.
  • Blizzard Entertainment plans to launch World of Warcraft: Warlords of  Draenor™, the newest expansion in the epic franchise, which more than 1.5 million Western  subscribers have already pre-purchased.

-------------

gallery_1_31_11791.jpg

• Nothing related to Titan / Overwatch / Starcraft 2 in the company's immediate future.
  • Better than expected financial results for this quarter! :o Who would've guessed.
  • Record 73% revenue from Digital sales. Main sources of revenue were WoW's subscriptions, WoD pre-orders, D3 sales and HS cards.

gallery_1_31_71942.jpg

gallery_1_31_74167.jpg

• very positive feedback for Destiny Beta. They expect it to become their next 1Billion dollar franchise, in time. Guess not straight from launch?
  • They expect this to be their biggest half-year ever, revenue wise.

gallery_1_31_50140.jpg

• Hearthstone eSports gaining momentum, as is the game itself, which had its most popular week when Naxx launched last month.
  • Diablo 3 is coming to mainland China.
  • That's it from Mike Morhaime, question time. 
  • 40% year-over-year increase in the number of monthly active B.NET users.
  • HS exceeded all their expectations and they're excited about its long-term prospects, especially with the multi-year content pipeline planned for it.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Looking forward to anything that'll come out of the conference. I doubt we'll hear anything on Titan (Or whatever it is now) but who knows? We just might.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
Lol, Mynsc.....

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Hey, it's got to happen sometime, right? So if I keep the same prediction, I will eventually be right!

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
Well it must happen I agree although now you get a lot of lapsed players and those who skipped mop coming back to try the game, they have been running weekend bonus promotions since June and sending out 7 free days as well. I dunno. Lose 200k maybe?

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 315 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum

I want some numbers on how many people play Hearthstone and how much money they are making on the game :p

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."

Nempiri

Nempiri
  • Early Adopter
  • 199 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - TheKoom#2897
Exalted
Also those who reactivated their sub to get their chopper :-)

Consider Supporting Titan Focus!

What to play while waiting for:
World of Warcraft: Legion

Unreal Tournament 4
more info about #project_bluestreak

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
Those won't be included as the call is up to June 30 lol. I think you were being sarcastic though, damn internet :(

With the way things are done its easy to deduce that WoD is unlikely to come out before October because you need to log on before the end of September to get the choopa. They traditionally announce dates 2 months before release. Seems like first 2 weeks of October is a certainty. Also Bashiok said that ptr will be going up soon and they won't need to do much testing on it so they plan to keep subs this quarter with the chopper and 6.0.1.

Nempiri

Nempiri
  • Early Adopter
  • 199 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - TheKoom#2897
Exalted

Yup :)

I'm going to resub again this time around. I can't seem to find a game that's connects me into the gameworld and allows me to play casually at the same time.

Also.. I think they already know the release date internally by now, So it could be 2 months from the announcement of the announcement ?

Unreal Tournament 4

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Those won't be included as the call is up to June 30 lol. I think you were being sarcastic though, damn internet :(

With the way things are done its easy to deduce that WoD is unlikely to come out before October because you need to log on before the end of September to get the choopa. They traditionally announce dates 2 months before release. Seems like first 2 weeks of October is a certainty. Also Bashiok said that ptr will be going up soon and they won't need to do much testing on it so they plan to keep subs this quarter with the chopper and 6.0.1.

According to PCG the release date for WOD will be announced next week. Which seems odd considering the conference is today but oh well.

http://www.pcgamer.c...nced-next-week/

It is PCG so take it with a grain of salt.

Nempiri

Nempiri
  • Early Adopter
  • 199 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - TheKoom#2897
Exalted

According to PCG the release date for WOD will be announced next week. Which seems odd considering the conference is today but oh well.

http://www.pcgamer.c...nced-next-week/

It is PCG so take it with a grain of salt.

It is however from Blizzard's own mouth :)

http://us.battle.net...emiere-8-4-2014

Unreal Tournament 4

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

It is however from Blizzard's own mouth :)

http://us.battle.net...emiere-8-4-2014

Didn't see that :) I guess that sets us up for an October release, given that every expansion's release date has been announced 2 months beforehand

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
Oooops, I guess releasing content actually helps.

1.5 million copies of WoD sold though.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Yeah, at least we know it can't go lower than 1.5 next quarter.  :fun:

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
Ugh it all sounded pretty positive despite wow subs. We are never getting the game that doesn't exist anymore :p
He also said wow revenue is up while subs are down. They discovered secret milking techniques I think.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

WoW, yet again dying and causing shitstorms on MMO champ :) will never get tired of that. 

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Spent like 20 minutes at work today just going through http://www.mmo-champ...n-to-6-8M-Subs/ Priceless stuff! :D

One of my favorites:

CATA was a PIECE OF SHIT. The quality of the game began to decrease.

MoP is even worse than CATA. a MOUNTAIN OF SHIT like Everest mountain. The quality of the game are like Age of Conan game Lol

Loooooots of daylies in these 2 expansions.... loooots of time with the same content in these 2 expansions. People gets bored to do the saaaaame raid for 52 saves.

Chinese like continent, Pandaria, isnt COOL. 

CATA and MOP Raids isnt COOL. Are Boring. Boring mechanics, same mechanics in most of bosses.

In these two expansions, go forward isnt a challenge, its for dummies.

LFR is one of the most painfull knives that are nailed in Wow's back.

PvP is boring, PvE is repetitive in each raid, new continents and zones are boring....

And now with WoD, another rehash, another filler expansion the number of subscriptions at the end of it, will be less than 4 millions. Its a fact.

Blizzard arent doing his job correctly.

Poor lore, poor zones, poor raids, poor content, poor PvP, lots of dailies, lots of stupid things like pet battles, or scenarios that are a enormous pice of shit too, rehash content, filler content without sense.

Blizzard is killing his main game because a poor design and evolution.

Lets see in WoD, but Blizzard should WORK HARD if we want to keep playing a nice game.

God dammit papaz, you got me hooked on this stuff.  :o

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Spent like 20 minutes at work today just going through http://www.mmo-champ...n-to-6-8M-Subs/ Priceless stuff! :D

One of my favorites:

God dammit papaz, you got me hooked on this stuff.  :o

Hehe, mmo champ day after sub news is like reading a really funny book :)

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

WoW, yet again dying and causing shitstorms on MMO champ :) will never get tired of that. 

I have the feeling that WoW has been "dying" since the start of Cata :p

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
Papaz is doing god's work. I have so much appreciation for that particular skill these days.