Tuesday, August 5, 2014
1:30 p.m. Pacific Time , 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time, 21:30 UTC
You can listen to the event yourselves, by going here and signing up in case you haven't already.
I won't initially feature the event on the front page, but I will watch the conference attentively and will report there on any Titan info (lol) that might come out.
Also, I will constantly update this post with news about the event and, on August 5, with real-time info and pictures from the conference.
---- Predictions ----
Moar WOW subs lost. Atleast 500k!
Maybe a bit of Blizzcon / future projects info? It will be a very boring event if they don't touch on this at all.
Not sure what else they can offer regarding SC2 / D3 / HS.
Full press release (PDF) already available, 20 minutes before the start of the conference. Highlights:
As of June 30, 2014, Blizzard Entertainment’s Diablo III: Reaper of Souls remained the #1 PC game in dollars in both North America and Europe and, including its expansion and digital sales, Diablo III has sold more than 20 million copies worldwide across all platforms since its release in 2012.
As of June 30, 2014, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1 subscription-based MMORPG, with approximately 6.8 million subscribers. There was a decline in subscribers quarter over quarter, which was disproportionately concentrated in the East and was similar to the seasonal decline experienced during the second quarter of 2012.
Blizzard Entertainment plans to launch World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor™, the newest expansion in the epic franchise, which more than 1.5 million Western subscribers have already pre-purchased.-------------
- Nothing related to Titan / Overwatch / Starcraft 2 in the company's immediate future.
- Better than expected financial results for this quarter! Who would've guessed.
- Record 73% revenue from Digital sales. Main sources of revenue were WoW's subscriptions, WoD pre-orders, D3 sales and HS cards.
- very positive feedback for Destiny Beta. They expect it to become their next 1Billion dollar franchise, in time. Guess not straight from launch?
- They expect this to be their biggest half-year ever, revenue wise.
- Hearthstone eSports gaining momentum, as is the game itself, which had its most popular week when Naxx launched last month.
- Diablo 3 is coming to mainland China.
- That's it from Mike Morhaime, question time.
- 40% year-over-year increase in the number of monthly active B.NET users.
- HS exceeded all their expectations and they're excited about its long-term prospects, especially with the multi-year content pipeline planned for it.