Hardcore for end game.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Thinktank

Thinktank
  • Early Adopter
  • 20 posts
Friendly

I think they should do something epic, like a cross breeding game types.  Crossbreeding games like dragon’s dogma or shadow of the colossus, with monster hunter and final fantasy 12, for big boss fights for an interesting twist of side quests and co-op gameplay (Breaking parts off monsters for specific drops, and or something hunts from ff12).  World of Warcraft will be an example, for dungeons and raids.  Diablo 3 or Dark Souls for battle system and or class system, limiting character to types for a matured veteran/Hardcore characters system (not including "new" or "normal" characters or). And Diablo for loot system, quality and rarity (working with blueprints and crafting). (* I say "new or normal" above meaning 2 character types. To help players playing Wow switch over, or interest newcomers to play.) Moba for PVP, siege attacks with big battle (look @ F.E.Z. Fantasy Earth Zero, that may interest you). 

Here are I will explain a hardcore/veteran character system. Veteran characters are characters that survived a calamity.  These characters are based on well-known characters in Blizzard's IPs.  These characters are also partially matured, based on achievements from other IPs.  Although they are partially matured they will have limitations to involvement during game play.  These limitations should be the areas, dungeons and raids of beginning levels.  These characters should add a synergy system, to a holy Trinity offer by new characters (a trainer or something for "new characters").  These characters should in no way be a replacement for new characters.  These characters will represent "new" characters before fully matured (Also will progress differently, without technology, or want to remain true to what they are, like having a master they are loyal to).  Upgrading gear and skills will be based on PVP battles (like dark souls, collecting souls of monsters. In this case other hardcore/veteran characters).  After progression in the game these characters will seem like they are being outdated.  Even with the advancement of technology, these characters will remain similar or true to themselves.  These characters are in theory warriors with a cause or master (Ronin), that are meant to have no cause later. The theory is to create a world with conflict that is well known, so that the conflict can be ended.  So we use these characters experienced to solve these types of situations(they have lived it before).  I’m thinking about the colonization of America and the movie the Last Samurai to put together a basic structure of hardcore characters.  Guerrilla warfare and the introduction of weapons of mass destruction are the basic idea here. (Vets character differ from normal characters in the way, they 1: can lose all EXP when they die, like dark souls dropping souls on death. 2: They cannot spend EXP unless they have enough for an upgrade.) Protectors of the people! Enemy of the people!

Normal characters will be a player’s main character for crafting story and advancement.  These characters will advance beyond a hardcore character in terms of technology and class crossbreeding.  These characters will not replace hardcore characters.  They will offer higher knowledge for civilize advantage and advancement. I assume the game will offer change. With change comes in many forms such as weapons of mass destruction and or space exploration or time travel. (Normal characters differ from Vets in the way, they gain EXP they can spend for stats abilities and stuff, also cannot lose it.)

I would love to see, a combination of all Blizzard games including a new IP for the Titan MMO. Please Blizzard do a steampunk Roguelike!!!!
I just don't want to see a shooter. Shooter offer weapons with a longer range, less face to face combat. Doing bows will limit range, longbows longest range will keep PVP and PVE battles close at hand. 
             I have not organized this well I understand. Im trying to offer ideas, not do the job. Maybe someday though.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I tried to read this but the formatting is dodgy :(

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Thinktank

Thinktank
  • Early Adopter
  • 20 posts
Friendly

I tried to read this but the formatting is dodgy :(

Sorry... I wish I could make it better. I could work on it, though I don't plan to organize or elaborate much more. Maybe i'll refine, into a basic outline later. I have other posts, that would explain this better as a whole. 

Thinktank

Thinktank
  • Early Adopter
  • 20 posts
Friendly

I think ,i'm trying to say. Use harcore characters, as a replaceable character type. Making PVP battle, at some point inevitable ensures they are replaceable. Not giving them typical level systems, yet a powerful role. Instead of EXP, give them riches, (EDIT: To upgrade armor and weapons, from NPC. Like a premade character. A character that has lived through the hard time before. Now is a Hero of legend. They defeated Diablo after all.) Also make them required, for deep end game in some way. As for questing, i'm not sure. I got this idea from playing hardcore, thinking I was a bad ass. there maybe someway, to work into a game. Without making requirements of their usefulness lengthy or overwhelming. Like rushing players through Diablo 2.... Those good times  :thumbsup:

After all that, you can retire them. Normal characters will have been buffed to the same skill level at some point.