Change
Photo

Persistent world - yes/no

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you expect Titan to have a persistent world?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you expect Titan to have a persistent world?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Blizzard has stopped calling Titan an MMO and at this point we have no clue on the direction of the game.

Just because Titan is not called an MMO anymore it doesn't mean it won't have some of the elements from an MMO such as a persistent world.

So the question is, do you expect Titan to have a persistent world or do you expect Titan to have become a game like SC2/D3 where you have single-player/co-op mode and then a multiplayer part but no persistent world?

Gutengutter

Gutengutter
  • Early Adopter
  • 16 posts
Honored

I think we could still see a segment of the game that's persistent or maybe a really scaled down version of what Blizzard had in mind. Not sure which option to pick for the poll. It seems like it would really come down to what the problems were with Titan.

If they couldn't implement a persistent world because of problems with the design of the game, than probably not. If it had more to do with changes in the mmo market or just the sheer amount of time it would take to actually build than I think we could see some.

There will definitely be progression. I haven't checked to see if the latest Blizzard jobs have been added to the Titan jobs thread, but the last time I looked there were jobs which mentioned duties like level design and designing weapons and armor.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

I think we could still see a segment of the game that's persistent or maybe a really scaled down version of what Blizzard had in mind. Not sure which option to pick for the poll. It seems like it would really come down to what the problems were with Titan.

If they couldn't implement a persistent world because of problems with the design of the game, than probably not. If it had more to do with changes in the mmo market or just the sheer amount of time it would take to actually build than I think we could see some.

There will definitely be progression. I haven't checked to see if the latest Blizzard jobs have been added to the Titan jobs thread, but the last time I looked there were jobs which mentioned duties like level design and designing weapons and armor.

Pretty much this.

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

If Blizzard stopped / cancelled Titan, and are making several new franchises at the moment, my guess is they won't tell us which is which, so what do we worship then? :D

On topic: I hope it's persistent world, nothing beats that feeling standing in WoW doing nothing :D

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

If Blizzard stopped / cancelled Titan, and are making several new franchises at the moment, my guess is they won't tell us which is which, so what do we worship then? :D

On topic: I hope it's persistent world, nothing beats that feeling standing in WoW doing nothing :D

The bolded part is my best gaming experience of all time :D

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Alright, I think we have our first PvP premade vs premade match in Titan all settled then :)

It's me, mynsc and Eremite (we told ya so crew)

vs

Slayer, Valkata, DevilsD, jonnyshiz, Rambo, Sarnakyle, Templar (the hopefuls but wrong crew) 

:D