Tuesday, May 6, 2014
1:30 p.m. Pacific Time , 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time, 21:30 UTC
You can listen to the event yourselves, by going here and signing up in case you haven't already.
I won't initially feature the event on the front page, but I will watch the conference attentively and will report there on any Titan info that might come out.
Also, I will constantly update this post with news about the event and, on May 6, with real-time info and pictures from the conference.
---- Predictions ----
WoW will lose subs this time. It has to dammit! TESO impact was not felt this quarter though, so the loss should be 500k or so, unless there was a major launch in the East, in which case it will be bigger.
Nothing on Titan.
HS bragging (player numbers, mobile impact, etc)
Full press release (PDF) already available, 20 minutes before the start of the conference. Highlights:
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - more than 10 million users registered as of its March 11, 2014 (so only PC players included).
- Plans for new content for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft and the release of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition™ on console later this year, Blizzard Entertainment expects to launch World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor™, which is already one of the fastest selling expansions in the franchise’s history based on pre-sales, in the second half of 2014.”
- As of March 31, 2014, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1 subscription-based MMORPG, with approximately 7.6 million subscribers.
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - as of the first week of the expansion’s availability, more than 2.7 million copies had sold-through online and at retailers worldwide. Also, for the first quarter, it was the #1 PC title in dollars in both North America and Europe.
- "Blizzard has the most amibitious product plan in history" (no mention of Overwatch or anything else unknown though).
- More than 1 million pre-orders for Warlods of Draenor already.
- Strong revenue through Battle.Net from Blizzard mostly because of HearthStone.
- out-of-context for-fun quoting: "We are raising our full year outlook by a penny." Damn ActiBlizz, really good year!
- CoD: Advanced Warfare - "shared-world shooter"
- Alpha Test coming Sooon for Warlords of Draenor.
- Upcoming content update for D3 - tiered Rifts will be introduced.
- Pleased with the subscriber number stability for WoW, cautious predictions for upcoming months due to seasonality.
- First wing of Naxx in HS will be free, for a limited time.
- HS monetizing very well, especially when compared with other F2P games.
Starcraft 2 was mentioned once during the entire conference call, in an enumeration of currently active games... Zero mentions of Legacy of the Void, Overwatch or any other unknown projects, just that "we are working on more games than ever".
- An actual interesting question furing Q&A - How much of the Research & Development budget is focused on long-term, still unannounced projects? Very boring answer though: about a third of the budget is for post 2014 launches.
Entire Gallery available HERE.