• Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Previous Conference Call thread

Tuesday, May 6, 2014
1:30 p.m. Pacific Time , 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time, 21:30 UTC

You can listen to the event yourselves, by going here and signing up in case you haven't already.

I won't initially feature the event on the front page, but I will watch the conference attentively and will report there on any Titan info that might come out.

Also, I will constantly update this post with news about the event and, on May 6, with real-time info and pictures from the conference.

---- Predictions ----

WoW will lose subs this time. It has to dammit! TESO impact was not felt this quarter though, so the loss should be 500k or so, unless there was a major launch in the East, in which case it will be bigger.

Nothing on Titan.

Blizzcon news!

HS bragging (player numbers, mobile impact, etc)

----

Full press release (PDF) already available, 20 minutes before the start of the conference. Highlights:

• Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - more than 10 million users registered as of its March 11, 2014 (so only PC players included).
  • Plans for new content for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft and the release of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition™ on console later this year, Blizzard Entertainment expects to launch World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor™, which is already one of the fastest selling expansions in the franchise’s history based on pre-sales, in the second half of 2014.”
  • As of March 31, 2014, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1 subscription-based MMORPG, with approximately 7.6 million subscribers.
  • Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - as of the first week of the expansion’s availability, more than 2.7 million copies had sold-through online and at retailers worldwide. Also, for the first quarter, it was the #1 PC title in dollars in both North America and Europe.

----

gallery_1_30_64685.jpg

• "Blizzard has the most amibitious product plan in history" (no mention of Overwatch or anything else unknown though).
  • More than 1 million pre-orders for Warlods of Draenor already.
  • Strong revenue through Battle.Net from Blizzard mostly because of HearthStone.

gallery_1_30_2949.jpg

• out-of-context for-fun quoting: "We are raising our full year outlook by a penny."  Damn ActiBlizz, really good year!

gallery_1_30_94934.jpg

• CoD: Advanced Warfare - "shared-world shooter"

gallery_1_30_35036.jpg

• Alpha Test coming Sooon for Warlords of Draenor.
  • Upcoming content update for D3 - tiered Rifts will be introduced.
  • Pleased with the subscriber number stability for WoW, cautious predictions for upcoming months due to seasonality.
  • First wing of Naxx in HS will be free, for a limited time.
  • HS monetizing very well, especially when compared with other F2P games.

Starcraft 2 was mentioned once during the entire conference call, in an enumeration of currently active games... :( Zero mentions of Legacy of the Void, Overwatch or any other unknown projects, just that "we are working on more games than ever".

• An actual interesting question furing Q&A - How much of the Research & Development budget is focused on long-term, still unannounced projects? Very boring answer though: about a third of the budget is for post 2014 launches.

Entire Gallery available HERE.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

They sure are late with Blizzcon news. Blizzcon has to be mentioned before the conference call so they can talk about it during the call. 

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

May 6th is the day I picked in the Blizzcon 2014 Thread! Looks promising for me ^^

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

WoW will lose subs this time. It has to dammit! TESO impact was not felt this quarter though, so the loss should be 500k or so, unless there was a major launch in the East, in which case it will be bigger.

Cute ~~~~

Ellendway

Ellendway
  • Early Adopter
  • 45 posts
  • Location - Paris
Friendly

Too soon to talk about TESO impact.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

One day and a bit left! This may be more interesting than usual, in the hopes of some Overwatch info.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

One day and a bit left! This may be more interesting than usual, in the hopes of some Overwatch info.

Nah, we will hear nothing of it until Blizzcon although I'm hoping for a reveal on E3 or somewhere else and then details on Blizzcon.

This meeting will be "praise Hearthstone for opening our eyes to easy and fast money and we will think twice before doing an AAA game again". 

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

I wonder how many subs lost. I really want to know how many copies of WoD they already sold (a pretty big number). Also Diablo sales, 5 million sounds about right? In hindsight, the release date for RoS totally made sense for them in terms of WoW since the only game that ever impacted WoW subs was the original DIII.

Also lol Papaz, the salt is real. 

http://finance.yahoo...-013132919.html oh lord.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

I wonder how many subs lost. I really want to know how many copies of WoD they already sold (a pretty big number). Also Diablo sales, 5 million sounds about right? In hindsight, the release date for RoS totally made sense for them in terms of WoW since the only game that ever impacted WoW subs was the original DIII.

Also lol Papaz, the salt is real. 

http://finance.yahoo...-013132919.html oh lord.

Really looking forward to Destiny! I hope it will be as epic as Halo!

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

If WoW loses less than 750K subs this quarter, I'll start playing again. (probably for like 2 weeks :p ).

#highStakes

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
ESO that bad? My condolences.

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 315 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum

I haven't been playing myself for the last few months but my prediction concerning WoW subs: Loss of 300-500k. Reason: Flex is awesome :)

Also I guess this is going to kinda show wether Hearthstone has an impact on the amount of subscribers.

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

ESO that bad? My condolences.

I dunno man. It's like every new MMO in the last few years only managed to throw me back into WoW after 2-3 weeks. :(

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
I still believe in camelot unchained :0

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
I am utterly shocked at wow sub number. They did not deserve this after this content draught.
They are saying Warlords is already one of the fastest selling expansions just based on pre-sales. Mynsc I will be bringing up those screenshots.

Nempiri

Nempiri
  • Early Adopter
  • 199 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - TheKoom#2897
Exalted

So why don't they use some of the awesome game music in the wait time instead of this crappy.....

Consider Supporting Titan Focus!

What to play while waiting for:
World of Warcraft: Legion

Unreal Tournament 4
more info about #project_bluestreak

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
So basically you can not release any new content and make hundreds of millions and also sell over a million copies of a product which is late, costs 25% more than normal and has no release date or beta going.

#justiceforstarcraft