rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 315 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum

Believe in Miracles

So I've been having a ton of fun lately playing my new rogue deck. This is the first deck I have made entirely on my own that works out well in the constructed ladder even on the higher ranks.

One note though is that this deck is quite difficult to play as you will often have to make very difficult decisions as well as playing up to 10 cards in a single turn (and doing that perfectly requires a lot of practise/skill). 

Spoiler

At first my deck also ran the Leeroy+Shadowstep combo but I felt like I wanted to go all out on the spells, so I cut 'em out :) The main goal of my deck is to take advantage of the crazy combination between spells and Mana Addicts/Gadgetzan Auctioneers to kill your opponent in one single turn (OTK). Here are some screenshots that show basically why this deck is so much fun to play. 

Spoiler

As you can see in I managed to draw my entire deck that turn as well as deal 25+16=41 damage in a single turn! You might say: "Well he should have killed the Mana Addict and the Gadgetzan Auctioneer! Only works against noobs that don't know how to clear the board."

Well here comes the clever part: When you set up this combo you generally want to stealth your minions with Conceal the turn before you actually perform the combo.

Playing the deck 

Mulligan :

One of the most overlooked (imo) and important parts of a game of Hearthstone is the Mulligan phase.I'm still not 100 % sure how to mulligan perfectly with this deck but these are the cards I keep during the Mulligan phase so far: Backstab, Deadly Poison, Argent Squire, Shiv, Loot Hoarder, Novice Engineer and Fan of Knives.

Having at least one 1x Conceal (C') and 1x Gadgetzan Auctioneer (GA) at turn 6 is extremely important with this deck however so I have started experimenting with keeping them in the hand as well which so far has worked out fine. 

During the Match:

As you might have figured it is very good to go second with this deck because the coin counts as a spell. This is the general game plan with this deck:

• During the first 5 turns you will try to keep the board clean in order to buy yourself additional time to get the cards needed to start performing the combo with GA+C. This is the reason why I decided to put 8 cards in my deck that draw another card. This way you are very quickly searching through your entire deck to obtain these few crucial cards. Cards like Shiv and Fan of Knives are also great at keeping the board clean together with the rogue hero power. 
  • The turn after you have used GA+C you will try to draw as many cards as possible to set up the kill. This can be done in many ways and you often kill your opponent in a slightly different manner every time.
  • Sometimes you get another Conceal which basically means that you have won :) Just dropping 1 Mana Addict and Concealing it is almost always enough to kill your opponent the next turn. 
  • If you don't get Conceal you will have to stall for a bit longer or risk playing maybe 2x Mana Addicts on the same turn and just YOLO that he won't kill both of them. 
  • You will almost always draw the second GA if you don't get Conceal and you are now free to trade off the first one to buy yourself addition time. 

As you can see the combinations are almost endless when your factor in your opponents actions as well and from here on you will have to figure the rest out on the fly. Having to make a lot of crucial decision every turn is what makes this deck somewhat difficult to play but killing him with often 40-60 damage is very satisfying :)

Random notes (will add more later, it's getting late...):

Save Sap for their big taunters.

This deck only uses 2x Epics and 0x Legendaries so it is very cheap to build. 

Feedback is very welcome and if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I will do my best at answering them :)

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Been running into various combinations of miracle rogues on the ladder. I can definetely understand it's fun to play and I am amazed that it actually works considering the combos needed. If I can't kill or have big taunts up (and pray opponent doesn't already have sap) before GA + C I pretty much just stare at the screen watching what seems like the rogue is playing 10 cards at the same time and then suddenly I'm dead :)

Currently the strongest variation seems to be the Kolento rogue though that I want to give a try. I see that yours is different in such way that you have the early card draws with loot hoarder and novice engineer and also use good budget alternatives, +1 for every player that can create good budget decks as HS becomes more and more legendary focused at the top.

The parts I like with Kolento miracle rogue is the blade furry, bloodmage thalnos, edwin vancleef and leeroy cards. They add a bit more "sting" to the miracle rogue and at the same time add a lot more cost to creating the deck :(

Blade furry, double fan of knives and bloodmage for added spellpower is pretty much all the board cleaning needed. Witth the ridiculous amount of cards that can be played in a turn vancleef becomes super strong. 

But I can see that the mana addict can be a nice alternative to the vancleef which is a card that I don't have atm. I have seen people running with questing adventurer also but 3 mana for questing adventurer seems a bit much. But I guess people are running at least one of them as a budget alternative to vancleef.

I like your deck as it's a nice budget alternative to Kolento rogue.

But this is a deck that does better the higher ranked you are because it performs very well specially vs druid but not so good vs aggro rush decks which you see a lot at lower ranks.

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 315 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum

100 % agree with the points you have made :) Kolento's deck is definitely stronger than this deck but as you also pointed out it is a lot more expensive. All in all I feel like my deck provides people with a cheap and fun variation of the miracle rogue that revovles around Mana Addicts to perform a OTK :)

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I am a victim of this deck. :( In one single turn I went from "wooohoo I'm winning" (I had RS at 1 hp), to "wtf just happened, how did I lose". :(

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

I haven't created the miracle rogue deck yet but watching Kungen and Kolento stream this is sooooooo fun. 

How consistent is this deck vs your average opponent? Watching Kungen it's like he fails miserably or roflstomps his opponent with OTK. It's seems like a roller coaster :)

Are there close, back and forth, games or do you have the same experience as Kungen seems to have. Lose big or roflstomp in 1-2 turns?

Kungen literally fails hard or his vancleef gets to 10+/10+ and together with Leeroy cold blood combo pretty much kills in 1-2 turns.

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 315 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum

It's definitely a very inconsistent deck and my deck is even more inconsistent as I either lose the game with an empty hand at around turn 7-8 because I didn't draw any Auctioneers or I completely decimate my opponent with +40 damage in 1 turn :) So overall a lot of fun but not very stable :)

Stinho

Stinho
  • Early Adopter
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Hello , I really want to try out this deck but i can't see the screenshots. Is it possible to upload them again or just write the deck please ? Thank you 

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 315 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum

Hello , I really want to try out this deck but i can't see the screenshots. Is it possible to upload them again or just write the deck please ? Thank you 

I will upload them again asap. No idea why they aren't working. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

Stinho

Stinho
  • Early Adopter
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Sorry , but did you upload the deck again because I can't see it anywhere. Thanks

MasterMason

MasterMason
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Rogue right now the weakest class in constructed yaay :smoke:

but i remember in open beta rogue was like the most OP stuff with cheap removal and incredbly efficient cards.