mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

POPULAR

Not much has changed on the website in the last couple of months and I think I should clarify a bit the current situation.

Yes, since Summer my free time dedicated to TF and gaming in general has decreased, however I'm slowly regaining lost ground so to speak, while trying not to lose in all the other aspects of day-to-day life. More so, my interest and dedication in Blizzard's new game is just as high as when I started following Titan (seems like in the early 90s :p), so there are no issues in this regard.

The main reason for the website not really evolving in the last 3,4 months is that the software behind most of the website, the IPB Suite, is about to receive a super major update. Initially its release was hoped for late Summer / early Autumn, however now it looks like it's going to happen early next year, March or so at the latest.

The new version changes the very core of the suite and has improvements for pretty much every aspect of the software, as such I definitely plan on switching TF to it. There are 2 issues however. First, I'll most likely wait until 2,3 bug fix patches go through, which means an additional 1-3 months after release.

Most importantly, it's totally not backwards compatible. Which is why playing with any new plugins or making any other custom modifications to the theme / tools right now is or at least feels totally useless.

Together with the new IPB version, TF will also receive a design update as well, however at this point there's not much else to do but wait.

So I guess my message is to have patience and don't think the website is not being actively maintained or well, focused on, anymore. :)

"Stuff" is also happening behind the scenes, either driven by other TF members or just by me, so don't go too far. The start of 2014 should be more interesting. ;)

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Oooh, how exciting :) roll on 2014

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

Sweet, can't wait for 2014 :)

21.jpg

Nempiri

Nempiri
  • Early Adopter
  • 199 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - TheKoom#2897
Exalted

Good good! We're still here for the long run :-)

Can we have a sneak peek at the new design? :-)

Consider Supporting Titan Focus!

What to play while waiting for:
World of Warcraft: Legion

Unreal Tournament 4
more info about #project_bluestreak

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

Good good! We're still here for the long run :-)

Can we have a sneak peek at the new design? :-)

worst-website-of-2013.png

I'm pretty sure we're going for this ^^

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

You should post up some Statistics like you did ages ago, i really enjoy seeing how the site traffic changes over time as news stories break and just generally how many people we get through here.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

worst-website-of-2013.png

I'm pretty sure we're going for this ^^

Dammit Eremite, can't you keep a secret?!

Seriously though, the new design right now is just bullet points and vague specifications in a file on my PC, with some links to a few websites as well, from which I wish to "steal" some ideas.

I will use these notes to either hire a designer to build a special theme from scratch, or buy one of the new themes that will come out for the new version and modify it myself as much as possible. We'll see.

You should post up some Statistics like you did ages ago, i really enjoy seeing how the site traffic changes over time as news stories break and just generally how many people we get through here.

Here's a funny one: http://i.imgur.com/szS9hUH.jpg It includes the crazy rush we've had at the start of April, so everything after that is pretty much close to 0.. :D

Here's one that starts when the reset announcement hit: http://i.imgur.com/Q25ZxVQ.jpg

Right now we're basically getting 600 - 800 daily visits. Lowest amount of all the year, however it is more than expected, with Blizzcon gone, holidays almost here, and no real news on the horizon.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I suppose so, I feel sure we'll see a spike in visitors when some new news comes out,

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

Now is not our time, now is time to lay dormant... but one day we will reign supreme in the Titansphere. Euph is still here! :)

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

The Euph has been awakened. I can now claim this thread a total success!

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

Oh, Euph. Ummm, hello?

No-one make eye contact. 

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

The beast has awakened.