17 replies to this topic

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

POPULAR

My fellow TF'ers, I present to you...Blizzcon 2013's Official Titan Focus Ambassadors..

Sarnakyle...*crowd cheering*...Eremite...*clapping and whistling*...Velocity...*screaming and clapping*...Jonnyshiz....*boos*

I figured this topic might be used as an "idea generator" to start discussing what everyone on the Titan Focus forums would want to see from us at Blizzcon 2013! What can we do for YOU! While I don't want to take away from Sarn's main Blizzcon Preperation Thread, I want this thread to focus more on things you'd like us to try and do or see at Blizzcon.

While Blizzcon approaches, I'm sure we'll narrow down some specific questions we could ask any Titan or Blizzard devs, but until then I thought we could use this thread as a more general approach for anyone to throw out some ideas of what they would want to see us do or ask at Blizzcon.

Examples include: Photos of Blizzcon, interview questions for specific people, games you guys want to see, after parties with pictures, daily recaps of the event, kidnapping Rob Pardo, jello shots with skanky blizzcon girls, etc...

If you have any idea of how to utilize those of us who are attending Blizzcon 2013, here is the thread to start posting some of your ideas. I think it might be pretty cool to represent Titan Focus while we're there, or at the very least attempt to ask some questions that our community here wishes they could have asked had they been there in person.

Fire away folks, and if possible...format your post for an easy read. Don't just throw up a wall of text the way I always do.

What we got so far: Last update 11/07

Questions:

• Will there be content patches/expansions for D3 and SC2 after 3rd xpacks or what are your long term plans for those franchises? (or ask about their long term plans to have the story continue in some weay regularly like Warcraft)
  • Has there been any trends in the gaming market the past couple of years that Blizzard has been surprised about?
  • If Blizzard was given any franchise/game from another company to further develop, which game would you like to have?
  • How does the process of deciding what game to develop next start? Like "who" sends out the meeting invitation with the title "let's discuss what game we should develop next"?
  • Most played Blizzard game in the office?
  • Have you heard about a site the best site in the world called TitanFocus?
  • Do you remember the ambient music and dark feel of Diablo 2? Last years Blizzard games are colorful and casual and not dark, not mature and not highly competitive (except RTS titles). People miss Blizzard North (D2LOD) spirit. Will you try to please older Blizzard fans yearning for dark and competitive aspects in future projects? 

• As we know PS3/Xbox360 Diablo 3 is full of hacked and duped items. Will you do something to prevent hacking and duping on PS4/XboxOne?

Requests:

• Group Photo with TF guys + Mike Morhaime and sign that reads "TF rocks, sorry papaz we had to reset Titan development"
  • Kidnap Tigole
  • HS keys
  • A sign that says "hamsters rock, squirrels suck"
  • Find a smurf @ BlizzCon
  • Badges that say Blizzcon Ambassadors

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal
Group photo with you TF guys together with Mike Morhaime holding a sign saying:

TitanFocus rocks, sorry papaz we had to reset Titan development.

Other than that I have a question:

Will there be content patches/expansions for D3 and SC2 after 3rd xpacks or what are your long term plans for those franchises?

Basically I want to know if they are going to turn attention to other games after 3rd xpacks until one day in the future D4 and SC3 comes along the way.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
Kidnap Tigole. He is too good for them anyway.
Oh get us HS keys :p
Papaz, Warcraft 4, believe.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Will there be content patches/expansions for D3 and SC2 after 3rd xpacks or what are your long term plans for those franchises?

Basically I want to know if they are going to turn attention to other games after 3rd xpacks until one day in the future D4 and SC3 comes along the way.

This is a great idea :D a group photo at least please. If you could pull this off that would be awesome. It'd be cool if the sign also said "hamsters rock, squirrels suck" :D

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

It'd be cool if the sign also said "hamsters rock, squirrels suck" :D

You do realize I have moderator privileges?!  No such signs will ever be in said picture, unless it's taken after too many jello shots at an after-party. 

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

You do realize I have moderator privileges?!  No such signs will ever be in said picture, unless it's taken after too many jello shots at an after-party. 

:p

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

Find me a Smurf at BlizzCon, and you will win all my hearts loving.  :heart:

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

Ok sweet! We will try to do this, and ask that. We're gonna try to get drinks with some Blizz dudes so maybe I'll get some hilarious answers. Also, if I get Mike Morhaime to hold that sign I better get some kinda special badge or achievement .. etc.. on TF.info

Find me a Smurf at BlizzCon, and you will win all my hearts loving.  :heart:

I will search every corner of BlizzCon!

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Ok sweet! We will try to do this, and ask that. We're gonna try to get drinks with some Blizz dudes so maybe I'll get some hilarious answers. Also, if I get Mike Morhaime to hold that sign I better get some kinda special badge or achievement .. etc.. on TF.info

I will search every corner of BlizzCon!

Thanks! All of you guys should get special badges saying "Blizzcon Ambassadors" :)

Clarification to my question in previous post

Just to clarify my question, since I don't think any Blizzard employee can answer that saying "there will be more xpacks or there won't be more xpacks".

My reason for asking the question is related to lore/single player. People fan of the Warcraft franchise get to follow their Warcraft characters/universe evolve every X months and every other year because of WoW content patches and xpacks.

I love both D3 and SC2 lore and basically I don't want them to halt the story another 10+ years before we have an update on Kerrigan/Tyrael and all the others in SC3/D4. 

So if they just avoid the question specifically about more xpacks or not you could ask them if they have long term plans to have the story continue in some way regularly like Warcraft.

More questions if you get to chance to interview someone from Blizzard

1. Has there been any trends in the gaming market the past couple of years that Blizzard has been surprised about?

2. If Blizzard was given any franchise/game from another company to further develop, which game would you like to have?

3. How does the process of deciding what game to develop next start? Like "who" sends out the meeting invitation with the title "let's discuss what game we should develop next"?

4. Most played Blizzard game in the office?

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Oh I got another question for Blizzard employees:

- Have you heard about a site called TitanFocus?

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

Haha - diggin the requests and questions. We still have plenty of time for everyone to throw more in here. Will we actually do all these things? Who knows, I guess that depends on how hard we will end up partying. I can tell you this though, I will do my best!

Here is a compilation of Questions and Requests that we got so far!

Questions:

• Will there be content patches/expansions for D3 and SC2 after 3rd xpacks or what are your long term plans for those franchises? (or ask about their long term plans to have the story continue in some weay regularly like Warcraft)
  • Has there been any trends in the gaming market the past couple of years that Blizzard has been surprised about?
  • If Blizzard was given any franchise/game from another company to further develop, which game would you like to have?
  • How does the process of deciding what game to develop next start? Like "who" sends out the meeting invitation with the title "let's discuss what game we should develop next"?
  • Most played Blizzard game in the office?
  • Have you heard about a site the best site in the world called TitanFocus?

Requests:

• Group Photo with TF guys + Mike Morhaime and sign that reads "TF rocks, sorry papaz we had to reset Titan development"
  • Kidnap Tigole
  • HS keys
  • A sign that says "hamsters rock, squirrels suck"
  • Find a smurf @ BlizzCon
  • Badges that say Blizzcon Ambassadors

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

Oh I got another question for Blizzard employees:

- Have you heard about a site called TitanFocus?

Edited this question a bit, but still added it to the list <3

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

If you could ask Morhaime to give a certain "Templar" a hearthstone beta key, that'd be great :D

Jin

Jin
  • Early Adopter
  • 6 posts
  • Location - Sanctuary
Friendly

Well, I have a question.

Here it is:

Do you remember the ambient music and dark feel of Diablo 2? Last years Blizzard games are colorful and casual and not dark, not mature and not highly competitive (except RTS titles). People miss Blizzard North (D2LOD) spirit. Will you try to please older Blizzard fans yearning for dark and competitive aspects in future projects? 

Thanks ;)

BunGee

BunGee
  • Early Adopter
  • 8 posts
  • Location - Croatia
Friendly

If you could ask Morhaime to give a certain "Templar" a hearthstone beta key, that'd be great :D

I honestly hope that won't be necessary.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I honestly hope that won't be necessary.

Let's hope that we all get HS beta keys regardless! :D

Jin

Jin
  • Early Adopter
  • 6 posts
  • Location - Sanctuary
Friendly

Also, one more thing, very important to me, so please do not forget about it.

Question:

As we know PS3/Xbox360 Diablo 3 is full of hacked and duped items. Will you do something to prevent hacking and duping on PS4/XboxOne?

Thanks again ;)

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

Alright, updated this thread - just in time, considering Blizzcon is now less than 24 hours away! OH MY GOD! Sarn just called me, the eagle has landed.

• Do you remember the ambient music and dark feel of Diablo 2? Last years Blizzard games are colorful and casual and not dark, not mature and not highly competitive (except RTS titles). People miss Blizzard North (D2LOD) spirit. Will you try to please older Blizzard fans yearning for dark and competitive aspects in future projects? 

•  

As we know PS3/Xbox360 Diablo 3 is full of hacked and duped items. Will you do something to prevent hacking and duping on PS4/XboxOne?

Again guys, we will do our best to answer any and all of these questions, but who knows what will really happen.

Blizzcon 2013 here I come!