Change
Photo

Heroes of the Storm (formerly known as BALLS)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
The game is kinda weird, it's really not very appealing to watch all that much but looks very fun to play. I hope they have no esports delusions at all and just focus on gameplay. Fix Starcraft first *shakes fist*.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Dustin Browder discussing one possible solution to leavers of a game. A solution that imo would be awesome!

"So examples, like we've talked about matching leavers with leavers. Are you a leaver? Is that your style of play? Cool, I'll put you with people who like to leave."

Source to full interview: http://www.gamezone....rs-with-leavers

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

Dustin Browder discussing one possible solution to leavers of a game. A solution that imo would be awesome!

Source to full interview: http://www.gamezone....rs-with-leavers

I could see that causing more problems though.

How long is it before your considered a leaver? What are the requirements before you are removed from this type of matching?

It seems unfair that a person with a bad connection is put in this type of matching because of constant disconnects, fair enough that they are hurting the game for others but there is a difference. I can also see it becoming nothing but a massive queue for leavers as well, unless the barrier to exit is very low, for example you must play 5 games or so without a leave before you are put back into the regular pool. It might end up causing people who constantly "leave" actually quit the game and never return because they cant handle their own medicine.

Its a nice solution, but its implementation and how well thought out this consequence is will ultimately determine its effectivness.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

I believe DotA 2 does this very thing and I'm in full support of it. That crowd can be so toxic, you need harsh measures to keep them in line. 

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

I could see that causing more problems though.

How long is it before your considered a leaver? What are the requirements before you are removed from this type of matching?

It seems unfair that a person with a bad connection is put in this type of matching because of constant disconnects, fair enough that they are hurting the game for others but there is a difference. I can also see it becoming nothing but a massive queue for leavers as well, unless the barrier to exit is very low, for example you must play 5 games or so without a leave before you are put back into the regular pool. It might end up causing people who constantly "leave" actually quit the game and never return because they cant handle their own medicine.

Its a nice solution, but its implementation and how well thought out this consequence is will ultimately determine its effectivness.

Remember that HotS games rarely go over 20 minutes. Internet problems is one thing, but I doubt they will ever punish someone for one or two or even three d/c's. But being a constant leaver, in a game that last's maybe 20 minutes ... harsh penalties seem fair.

It get's trickier in games like LoL where you can easily have a match last up to an hour. You can't even surrender until 20 minutes into the game!

IMO, if someone has such severe connection issues, then maybe they should get put with all those other internet d/c'ers who are ruining competitive multiplayer PVP games (yes, that's what HotS is, this ain't no offline RPG).

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Good news, there will be a Heroes tournament at Blizzcon! e-Sports fighting!

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Got in!!!! Time to spend money erm play.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

New battleground will be revealed next week!

Pretty excited lol.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

GARDEN OF TERROR

http://us.battle.net...140716_27942636

13EHAFSLH3RV1405363996894.jpg

LATXHW7WFELQ1405443369263.png

Highlights:

- 3-lane battleground featuring a day and night sequence

- When night falls, the night horrors will come out in the garden area of the Battleground and all normal mercenary camps will disappear

- One of the objectives on the map is for each team to grab seeds. This is done by killing the small, but deadly Infested Servants scattered throughout the garden, and the massive plant called the Flowering Shambler

- After collecting 100 seeds, any player on the team can right click on the Fertile Soil inside their base to summon the almighty Garden Terror. That player will become the Terror and will be free to use the Garden Terror’s power to their advantage

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

Nice :) I wish they made at least one larger map, similar to LoL.

Any word on when's open beta?

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Stil no key :( I'm waiting and waiting. 

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare

Stil no key :( I'm waiting and waiting. 

My buddy got a key recently. He always gets them, for D3, WoW, Heroes... Some people man... *Jonny cough cough*

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

I really like the game and art but I kinda agree with people who criticize the direction for maps. Nexus is cool and all but not using their properties is a massive wasted opportunity. Each map should have been set in a specific franchise or a combination. They must have realized this because recently they said they will probably make starcraft maps. 

Again, this is not a big issue because they will be making A LOT of battlegrounds and I imagine most of the new battlegrounds will take this bit of feedback to heart (they seem to be listening to community a lot recently). Each season will have 6-8 according to them and each season they will rotate them and add new ones.

How cool would it be for example if dragon knight was actually Deathwing or *insert Warcraft dragon name*? 

The good thing I think is that they are constantly evolving the game, even the new models and skins are of ridiculous quality both in terms of art and graphics compared to original ones they had a year ago. Look no further than master skins and the new batch they revealed today.

Basically they were trying to make a place where all different properties could exist and tonally warcraft, diablo and starcraft are VERY different but I think Nexus is too generic in its current form. There are many cool elements on maps and easter eggs, the quality of them is really high but thematically they are too generic and dull if this makes sense. 

Obviously when you compare it to other games in the genre it's not any better or worse but I would like to hold the game to a different standard because they actually don't have to water down and copy their own art and warcraft 3 to not get sued like several other games *cough*. There is an opportunity here to do whatever the Hamsters rock, Squirrels suck! you want with these maps and they are kinda not utilizing it, which is the whole point of the game.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

This game is really fun :S

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 315 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum

This game is really fun :S

Unstable Portal is the best addition to the game ever :) I find myself playing nothing but mage atm just because of that card. 

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
Silly RS this is not a hearthstone thread :p

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare

Blizzard joins the masses by introducing its first founders pack. I'm good with this, but I can see this as a sell out. 

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

Honestly, the only reason I could see anyone buying that is for beta access. That alone makes it worth it if you're dieing to play, other than that I think the stuff you get with it is just a little incentive... I don't really imagine anyone buying that just for those skins/mount/champs, oh and the little gold.