Change
Photo

Heroes of the Storm (formerly known as BALLS)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Awesome trailer! 

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 315 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum
Look at the saturday schedule for BlizzCon! Live matches of Heroes of the Storm!!! :)

It must be in quite an avanced state :)

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

Look at the saturday schedule for BlizzCon! Live matches of Heroes of the Storm!!! :)

It must be in quite an avanced state :)

But wasn't there some playable demo last Blizzcon?

Anyway, I hope you're right!

Those YouTube comments, hilarious, people already comparing it to LoL, Dota 2... :)

I also noticed a lot of comments about if it's free, and since we haven't heard any news on it from Blizzard in a while now, you think there's a chance the game is b2p now?

I'm not sure what I'd prefer, f2p with cosmetic cash shop, or b2p and no shop... Both got its advantages I guess. B2p eliminates some trolls, since you actually care about not getting banned and whatnot, while f2p will appeal to a wider audience.

Now that I think about it some more... I doubt it can be b2p... when LoL and Dota 2 isn't.

Also, time to rename topic! :D

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

Also, time to rename topic! :D

YW

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

This whole tweeting about video games thing is starting to make my life a living hell. I can't take it!!!

Anyways, who here is excited about BALLS? (Oh, forgot to mention I will forever be calling it BALLS).

On a scale of 1-10, where [1 = this game does not excite you at all] , up to [10 = this game is more exciting than sarn power leveling you through D3, naked].

I'm going with 7.5, this is of course pre-footage hype...and I'm a MOBA fan in general so yeah.

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare

I'm a solid 5. I'm not into mobas, but I look forward to seeing all the game's characters mashed up together. 

Any advice for getting some moba practice in so I don't get completely face rolled the first day? I've been thinking Smite. 

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

I'm a solid 5. I'm not into mobas, but I look forward to seeing all the game's characters mashed up together. 

Any advice for getting some moba practice in so I don't get completely face rolled the first day? I've been thinking Smite. 

I have played HoN, LoL, Dota 2, and Smite ... however I only continued playing LoL. I think playing any of these games will be good practice, with LoL probably being the easiest and most polished to get into quickly.

If you ever end up playing LoL, let me know... I'll help you out and play some customs with you.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I'm going to pretend I'm not interested in it (hamsters rock, mobas suck etc. etc.), just so I avoid the hearthbreak when I again don't get into beta until it's pretty much over.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

Im on par with Sarn, im about a 5 for this but im rather optimistic for its future after release. We all know Blizzard loves to come in late in the game but when they do, they certainly blow away the competition, so im sorta hoping that its the same situation for BALLS seeing as it will be entering pretty late to the MOBA party.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

Im on par with Sarn, im about a 5 for this but im rather optimistic for its future after release. We all know Blizzard loves to come in late in the game but when they do, they certainly blow away the competition, so im sorta hoping that its the same situation for BALLS seeing as it will be entering pretty late to the MOBA party.

I'm just happy you referred to it as "BALLS".

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

I'm going to pretend I'm not interested in it (hamsters rock, mobas suck etc. etc.), just so I avoid the hearthbreak when I again don't get into beta until it's pretty much over.

:mellow:

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

Does moba games beta last long? I mean what's there to test? Only balancing heroes. Not like they need to find / identify / fix bugs in quests etc. etc.

But Dota 2 beta lasted pretty much forever, right? :(

My hype level: 8

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal
My hype level is 10. This is the game that will get me into the Moba genre and the game I look forward to most at Blizzcon.

They have been silent for so long I am convinced they have taken the best elements from LoL and Dota2 and add some Blizzard touch to it to stand out + esports of course.

Also Blizzard heroes > LoL and Dota2 heroes.

The only problem is I will probably not get into beta as usual :-(

Balls forever <3

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

I'm just happy you referred to it as "BALLS".

I would imagine everyone will call it BALLS regardless of what name Blizzard gives it.

Im also interested to see what type of Lore or Back stories they put into any new or rather less known characters. I think it will be a good opportunity for Blizzard to expand on lesser known characters that probably wont get explored otherwise.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

So they're basically the Microsoft of the games industry. Question is, will Balls be Zune or XBOX? :D

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

Also Blizzard heroes > LoL and Dota2 heroes.

Just going to leave this here.

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare

I don't even wanna hear it buster! All of these games are distractions from big daddy Titan! Who cares if you don't get a key for these when your posed to be in the Titan ALFA! just keep bidding your time my friend. 

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
My one big hope for the game is that they changed the art style completely from the original reveal. Starcraft art is beautiful in the context of Starcraft but it really doesn't fit a dota game with warcraft and diablo heroes. I will be keeping my expectations in check, despite them literally starting over with this game and having a big influx of developers. Would be nice though.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

My one big hope for the game is that they changed the art style completely from the original reveal. Starcraft art is beautiful in the context of Starcraft but it really doesn't fit a dota game with warcraft and diablo heroes. I will be keeping my expectations in check, despite them literally starting over with this game and having a big influx of developers. Would be nice though.

I kind of agree with you, but only kind of :)

I think the art for the heroes is fine. The heroes look like they do in their respective games.

However it's the maps, environments that feels out of touch.

What I would like Blizzard to do is to make the map environments feel like they are taken from their games. For example one map could be a place from WoW, another from Diablo and a third from SC2.

In that way they can capture the right mood from their franchises. Playing one map would feel like you are teleported to Diablo, another one teleported to WoW etc.

Right now, or should I say the version we saw from ehhh 2 years ago?!, the maps look generic and just like any other map from SC2. 

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Yes, yes, yes