Change
Photo

Heroes of the Storm (formerly known as BALLS)

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

Heh, I just realized this forum section was completely empty. Was it here before?

Anyway, Rob Pardo is my mortal enemy and will ALWAYS let me down but oh well.

I will reluctantly take this as a confirmation, if any was needed. 

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

I like Rob :(

And I think hamster boy ninja inserted this sub-forum!

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

AWWWW YEAH BALLLLLSSSS!!!!!!

PS: This thread isn't showing up on the right hand side of TF on the main page. Only me? DS.

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

PS: This thread isn't showing up on the right hand side of TF on the main page. Only me? DS.

Yep, it's more stealthy than we even knew.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

AWWWW YEAH BALLLLLSSSS!!!!!!

That's because it's ninja as f*ck!

This is definitely not a good start to the thread, lol.

P.S. Fixed.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

So.... Hi.... What's up? :D

It sucks that they do not release new info every month or so, even if it's just a screenshot how UI changed or other boring stuff like that. No wonder we did not even have BALLS thread for so long :)

Btw, in YouTube Balls videos there's 12 (?) characters, will there be more at release? Did they say something about that somewhere? 12 seems like a really low number to me.

Also, I think I saw some screenshot, it seems they will allow same characters in game, for example I'm Ghost, and you can be Ghost as well (on another team at least), what do you think about that? I really like that, there's nothing worse than enemy picking the character you wanted to play. It wouldn't make much sense if all team could be Ghosts, but one per team seems reasonable to me.

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

What do you think is a good penalty for leaving games?

In Dota 2 you get some sort of "low priority", no idea what that means.

What's it like in LoL?

I think punishment for leaving is developer's fault, not players. Now what I mean by this bald statement? 

There are a lot of heroes to play, crapton on spells, different play styles etc. etc.

New players will obviously want to try different things, but I know from my own experience, - if I'm stuck with a character I hate / do not know how to play what so ever, those 20-40 minutes suddenly becomes a burden. In this situation I just try to stick with a group, but I absolutely understand those who just leave.

This should be solved by the game, player A leaves, and those who are in a queue gets pop up window asking - would you like to play this hero, that was just abandoned by another person? If you say yes, then you're in a game right away, your level / gold is set to average of your team.

It improves:

leavers could join new game with another hero of their choice,

group that just got dumped by one player gets new player immediately, 

that player is automatically set to average level / gold of the team, so he's not useless (because let's be fair, usually those who leave are behind)

Bonus system:

if you did accept an invitation to ongoing game, you're guaranteed 2x experience (assuming there's leveling system for your account)

next time you queue you're automatically put to the front of the queue

How about that?

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal
Balls is going down the e-sports highway:
http://i.massively.j...zard-all-stars/

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

Balls is going down the e-sports highway:
http://i.massively.j...zard-all-stars/

This sounds to me like: the game is not cancelled, but still million years away. :(

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Not really, I wonder tho, we may end up in a situation where we have 3 betas running at the same time, WoWX5, BALLS and RoS. I mean WoW and RoS for sure but this sounds like a nightmare for Blizzard, 2014 is a pretty big year. 

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

"Maybe" some BALLS announcement at blizzcon? Lets hope so :D

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Maybe some BALLS announcement at blizzcon? Lets hope so :D

First post of this thread  :horse:

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

First post of this thread  :horse:

I know that's what I'm saying... "Maybe" some BALLs announcment at Blizzcon... let's hope so...

He didn't give us a definite answer...

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

I know that's what I'm saying... "Maybe" some BALLs announcment at Blizzcon... let's hope so...

He didn't give us a definite answer...

Good point. Rob Pardo always disappoints.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
So I'm fairly convinced that Heroes of the Storm is the official name for the game now. I think its cool and community calling the game BALLS was the final nail in the coffin for the old name. A little weird that the game would share same acronym as Starcraft expansion, on the other hand the next expansion might come out at the end of next year and the acronym will become irrelevant.

Pretty cool explanation for the name, if anyone is not aware there is a site of blizzard artists called sons of the storm, they are basically responsible for EVERYTHING, including obscure things like Pandaren back in Warcraft III. So heroes made by sons of the storm, heroes of the storm. Makes a lot of sense, a bit self indulgent though :)

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

So I'm fairly convinced that Heroes of the Storm is the official name for the game now. I think its cool and community calling the game BALLS was the final nail in the coffin for the old name. A little weird that the game would share same acronym as Starcraft expansion, on the other hand the next expansion might come out at the end of next year and the acronym will become irrelevant.

Pretty cool explanation for the name, if anyone is not aware there is a site of blizzard artists called sons of the storm, they are basically responsible for EVERYTHING, including obscure things like Pandaren back in Warcraft III. So heroes made by sons of the storm, heroes of the storm. Makes a lot of sense, a bit self indulgent though :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE WANT BALLS

WE WANT BALLS

WE WANT BALLS

Also BALLS is coming, Blizzard is hiring community managers:

http://us.blizzard.c...html?id=13000DZ

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

You know they only hire community managers when the game is about to go into beta, case and point Hearthstone.........

Papaz, will you do me an honor of jumping on this hype train with me, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part etc?

Papaz i saw that post of yours :p don't bother. People in that thread are calling Hearthstone bad, just leave. 

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

You know they only hire community managers when the game is about to go into beta, case and point Hearthstone.........

Papaz, will you do me an honor of jumping on this hype train with me, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part etc?

Papaz i saw that post of yours :p don't bother. People in that thread are calling Hearthstone bad, just leave. 

I will jump on and ride this hype train that is going to run over LoL and Dota2!

Let's get ready to ruuummbbbbllleeeeeeeeeeee!

I need a beta key for HoTS (I guess that is the new abbreviation for this game) sooooooooooo bad!

@mynsc: When is Blizzard going to aknowledge this awesome site as one of their most important fan sites and give us some beta keys?

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

It would be awesome if Blizzard employees ever registered here, like some are on mmo-c, and mynsc gave them Blizzard logo next to their nicknames!

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I will jump on and ride this hype train that is going to run over LoL and Dota2!

Let's get ready to ruuummbbbbllleeeeeeeeeeee!

I need a beta key for HoTS (I guess that is the new abbreviation for this game) sooooooooooo bad!

@mynsc: When is Blizzard going to aknowledge this awesome site as one of their most important fan sites and give us some beta keys?

Right after Sarn, Ere and Jonny get MM drunk at Blizzcon.

If that somehow does not happen, probably right after Blizzard will be able say more than "Titan? Yeah, we're working on it... maybe." about the game. ^_^

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF