Change
Photo

Console wars

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Console wars

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Will you buy Xboxone or PS4?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

Director of programming for xbox live service "Major Nelson" answers questions from Reddit.

All I heard was white noise because I was too distracted by the burning hot chick interviewing rodent man.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

All I heard was white noise because I was too distracted by the burning hot chick interviewing rodent man.

ROFL  :laughing:

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
Microsoft reversed Xbox one policies now its very difficult to predict who will win the war, if kinect 2.0 is truly next gen technology I am not sure i will be getting a ps4

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

Always on always watching you 2.0 Kinect. I'd put a posted note over the eye when not in use.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Actually kinect doesnt have to be on they changed that like a month ago

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

So they claim....  :ph34r:

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

I so called it.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I have to post this gif everywhere, it's so perfect!

Basically Microsoft in the last week, starting with E3 and ending with this new announcement ->

nice_recoveryflu9k.gif

Anyway, now people are kinda sorry because they also lost the ability to share digital games. Kinda funny how things go. I'm actually seeing comments from people that are cancelling their XBOX pre-order because of this. :D I guess you can't please everyone.

In hindsight, focusing on having more liberties with digital software than with discs would have been better for most of us, since soon enough 90% of the games sold will in the form of a download, not a disc. So in the long-term, it might have been more beneficial.

The elimination of region-locking and online requirement is awesome! :o

And I'm really not worrying about Kinect when it comes to spying. If you let the government get away with sh*t like PRISM, Kinect should be your absolute last worry. With it or without it, you'll get spied on unless clear laws and policies are put in place.

Anyway, if I were to get a console, I think I'd still go for PS4, just because of the bigger processing power and more focus on games than all-around entertainment (that does not work in Romania). I probably won't though.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

So MIcrosoft changed their minds about DRM stuff. 

I will still stick to PS4. Cheaper, a bit more powerful, smaller and I don't have to have Kinect. 

I'm still going to have the console on my desktop and the Xbox One is a bit too big, clumpsy and where the hell do I put the Kinect that needs to be connected *rofl* ?

And I like the exclusives coming to PS4. Microsoft has no other exclusive other than Halo I want to play.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

So MIcrosoft changed their minds about DRM stuff. 

I will still stick to PS4. Cheaper, a bit more powerful, smaller and I don't have to have Kinect. 

I'm still going to have the console on my desktop and the Xbox One is a bit too big, clumpsy and where the hell do I put the Kinect that needs to be connected *rofl* ?

And I like the exclusives coming to PS4. Microsoft has no other exclusive other than Halo I want to play.

Even though Microsoft is trying to same themselves, I'm still going to get a PS4 instead, like you, the Xbox One is too big for my desktop, I have no where to put that Kinect thingy.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

It's really simple guys,  if we're comparing hardware, user interface, media compatibility and other features against the overall price... PS4 wins.

But in reality, people will make their decision based on exclusive game titles and other things like product loyalty or preferred handsets.

Although I prefer the xbox handset, I'm going to likely buy a PS4 because I like their price, and the exclusive games for xbox one do not interest me enough to buy their console.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

It's really simple guys,  if we're comparing hardware, user interface, media compatibility and other features against the overall price... PS4 wins.

But in reality, people will make their decision based on exclusive game titles and other things like product loyalty or preferred handsets.

Although I prefer the xbox handset, I'm going to likely buy a PS4 because I like their price, and the exclusive games for xbox one do not interest me enough to buy their console.

No problem. This is from E3 for the PS4, there are probably going to be lot of other 3rd parties making this:

Spoiler

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Hell it's about time (although not good for Zynga ;)):

Exclusive: Microsoft’s Xbox Head Don Mattrick Leaving to Take Top Role — Possibly CEO — At Zynga

Full Article:  http://allthingsd.co...y-ceo-at-zynga/

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Hell it's about time (although not good for Zynga ;)):

Full Article: http://allthingsd.co...y-ceo-at-zynga/

What a surprise. :)

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Draykorinee

Draykorinee
  • Early Adopter
  • 60 posts
  • Location - Brighton, uk
Honored

This whole reveal experience has offered some of the best popcorn moments in gaming history, I have no hatred/malice towards sony/ninteno or microsoft, I do have more love for sony due to psone and ps2 but I have only owned a 360 this generation. That being said microsoft have revealed the worst console with the worst marketing and the worst PR I have ever seen, I don't understand why anyone would chose the one over the Ps4 except for the odd exclusives (most of which are pc as well). The Wii U is nose diving and will only be saved once these 1st party games come out, for me the PS4 wont have the easy ride the Ps2 had but I think it will walk over the other two.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Itshappening.gif

Hehe, well the reviews for the consoles are about what I expected. Xbox really is a much more ambitious piece of hardware with a lot of potential while Playstation will have better graphics but is fairly uninspired. 

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Sony sold over 1 million PS4s in the first 24 hours: http://www.theverge....1-million-sales

Can't wait until I get my hands on mine!

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Just saw this new pic on one of the prototype steam boxes from iBuyPower. 

ibuypowers-steam-machines-prototype-4.jp

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

Why is that a prototype, that should be their damn production model. It looks so cool :)

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Check out this vid on the difference between Tomb Raider in PS3 vs PS4.

Huge difference in graphics, impressive.