Change
Photo

Console wars

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Console wars

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Will you buy Xboxone or PS4?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Will you get one of the nextgen consoles?

I will get the PS4. This will be my very first console :)

I want to play Destiny and maybe I'll try Diablo 3 which I think looks good on PS3/4. I like the camera angle and the complete lack of AH.

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

Im yet to decide if i want a PS4.

The only reason i will buy it is to play GTA V on release. Since it wont be getting a PC version for sometime, i am really looking forward to that game.

The last console i bought was a PS2, i got some good time out of it so maybe a PS4 will prove just as useful.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum
I really don't know which one I'll end getting, however, I am leaning towards the PS4 at the moment.

I basically get whichever console all my gaming friends have, some if the majority of you guys get a PS4, I will get one too. I also want to play Destiny, DUST 514 etc. I am more interested in the PS4 exclusives though. I couldn't give two squirrels about Fifa, NBA, NFL and UFC.

Also, if GTA 5 is a next gen exclusive, I will buy a PS4. If not, I will hold out until games start being playable only on the next gen platforms.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I was pretty shocked to find out that the PS4 has about 50% more GPU power than XBOX One and faster RAM too, so when it comes to processing power, it is superior.

I think this will play an important role towards the end of the console cycle, so while it's not really a short-term issue, it might be one 4,5,6 years from now.

This is why if just playing random games will be the main reason for getting a console, PS4 has an advantage in my book.

On the other hand, if all the XBOX bonus features will at one point actually work in (Eastern) Europe as well, I might be interested in it. Not to mention that Microsoft has a talent of getting some really nice exclusives.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Phixxion

Phixxion
  • Early Adopter
  • 25 posts
  • Location - Europe, Germany, Munich
  • BT - EU: Phixion#1659
Honored

Dedicated PC Gamer here, i doubt I'm gonna waste my money on a console. Maybe a nextgen handheld, although im very disappointed from PS Vita.

Kureijikage

Kureijikage
  • Early Adopter
  • 12 posts
  • Location - New Zealand
Neutral

I'm a bit of a Sony nut and haven't strayed far from the PlayStation line when it came to consoles so it was an easy decision for myself. I'm a bit gutted that previous titles won't be back compatible though. There are a few PSX, PS2 and PS3 games I can still get into today.

Ninja.png

I'd kill for some sushi.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I was pretty shocked to find out that the PS4 has about 50% more GPU power than XBOX One and faster RAM too, so when it comes to processing power, it is superior.

I think this will play an important role towards the end of the console cycle, so while it's not really a short-term issue, it might be one 4,5,6 years from now.

This is why if just playing random games will be the main reason for getting a console, PS4 has an advantage in my book.

On the other hand, if all the XBOX bonus features will at one point actually work in (Eastern) Europe as well, I might be interested in it. Not to mention that Microsoft has a talent of getting some really nice exclusives.

I agree with your point about random games, my Xbox gets used once a year pretty much (when Assassin's Creed comes out) and not again until the next release, I would play it on PC but can't stand the control scheme.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

FrankieOnPcIn1080p has made a video going over all the confirmed details surrounding the Xbox One and the PS4, it's a good watch and may help you guys decided which console to buy.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

FrankieOnPcIn1080p has made a video going over all the confirmed details surrounding the Xbox One and the PS4, it's a good watch and may help you guys decided which console to buy.

The biggest "wtf were they thinking" is when I hear that you have to have xbox kinect connected to the xbox even if you don't use it or the game doesn't support it.

Here is the deal *drum roll*: 

I am going to have the console at my desk next to my computer!!

What were you guys thinking on MS headquarters? The thought never crossed you that a console can be put somewhere else than in a living room?

The simple reason for this is that my wife might want to watch the TV instead of me playing games and so I have to have the console connected to my computer screen! I don't want to use the kinect and don't have anywhere to put it.

And then I hear there will be achivements for watching TV on xboxone. HAHA.

The reason I will be buying PS4 is not because of PS4 might offer 2 more frames per second or 3 more pixels. It's because of the simple fact that MS obviously is going for multimedia first and gaming second with their new console.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

The biggest "wtf were they thinking" is when I hear that you have to have xbox kinect connected to the xbox even if you don't use it or the game doesn't support it.

Here is the deal *drum roll*: 

I am going to have the console at my desk next to my computer!!

What were you guys thinking on MS headquarters? The thought never crossed you that a console can be put somewhere else than in a living room?

The simple reason for this is that my wife might want to watch the TV instead of me playing games and so I have to have the console connected to my computer screen! I don't want to use the kinect and don't have anywhere to put it.

And then I hear there will be achivements for watching TV on xboxone. HAHA.

The reason I will be buying PS4 is not because of PS4 might offer 2 more frames per second or 3 more pixels. It's because of the simple fact that MS obviously is going for multimedia first and gaming second with their new console.

I completely agree mate, I also have my Xbox on my desk hooked up to my TV / monitor so having a Kinect is completely ridiculous, I wouldn't be able to use it even if I wanted to (which I don't).

Microsoft seems to be wanting to create a multimedia system instead of a gaming system, they should never put TV, movies and social media in front of gaming on the Xbox, but that's exactly what they're doing!

Right now, I'm dead set on a PS4 because they're making a gaming system, not a multimedia system like the Xbox. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some of the multimedia features such as Netflix but they shouldn't consume the system as they are with the Xbox One.

Achievements for watching TV? What the hell?

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

Completely agree with this.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

Nempiri

Nempiri
  • Early Adopter
  • 199 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - TheKoom#2897
Exalted

I have (or had - i had a RRoD) Xobx 360, and I've been very happy for it. I like the controller more, I think the PS3/2 version of the controller makes my finger cramp.

I've used it more as a multimedia stadion to watch netflix and the like - So I'm probably more keen on the Xbox one. 

I have never been hardcore gamer on consoles, It would really take a complete new gaming experience, like WoW was when it launched.

edit:

And then I really like the design of the xbox one - it fits totally as a part of my living room. Cant wait to see what the ps4 will look like. The current gen stinks in terms of design.

Consider Supporting Titan Focus!

What to play while waiting for:
World of Warcraft: Legion

Unreal Tournament 4
more info about #project_bluestreak

Nietzsche

Nietzsche
  • Early Adopter
  • 9 posts
Friendly

Always been a Playstation fanboy, so I guess it'll be an easy decision. I never got the PS3 due to financial reasons and I'm going to try the best I can to get the PS4 this time. 

God of War is my favorite hack & slash.

Gran Turismo is my favorite racing game.

Killzone is my favorite shooter.

So yeah.....

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

More news on Xbox One:

You will be able to give your Xbox One games to your friends, but only once and only to friends you've known for more than a month.

Source: http://www.joystiq.c...n-the-xbox-one/

Xbox One requires online connection every 24 hours, at least.

Source: http://www.joystiq.c...hours-at-least/

E3 is going to be really interesting. I can't wait to see the presentations of Microsoft and Sony. 

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

Sony will have the same used game restrictions, you just watch :p

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

In the past I've always loved the Xbox 360... well I say loved, more, liked it more than PlayStation 3. What can I say? I'm a sucka for Halo. However, since finding news of Xboxone I'm just like... no. I've never used the Xbox for different media because my internet isn't good enough for streaming. Furthermore, I rarely have my Xbox 360 hooked up to the internet because it's too much hassle putting a wire in. I suppose if this one is wireless it'll be fine, but even so, it's a dick move making it basically always online. Not only is that a dick move, so is the whole DRM thing and I really doubt it'll improve sales - it'll just turn more people away from Xbox. Lack of backwards compatibility also sucks so much. Did I mention the name is also Squirrelling stupid?

So, if I ever got another console it'd probably be a PS4. 

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

Orhai

Orhai
  • Early Adopter
  • 159 posts
Honored

xbox one giving the nsa a 24/7 camera in to every living room!

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

If you are interested in E3 here are some leaked rumors about MS conference:

http://www.reddit.co..._ms_conference/

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Dead Rising 3?:D

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

So Titanfall is basically CoD in space with robots. It was embarrassing to watch. I thought these guys left because they wanted to make something different but it looked and felt like CoD down to kill streaks and points for killing stuff. Even the graphics are pretty much on par with Ghosts, why did they choose source engine? 

What a sham lol. 

You don't deserve name Titan, Respawn. For shame!