• Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
Necroing the thread for lols.

https://forums.wilds...der-on-raiding/

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Necroing the thread for lols.

https://forums.wilds...der-on-raiding/

Thanks for the link, Slayer. I've always been interested in the world-first raiding scene so it was quite a fun read :)

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Thinktank

Thinktank
  • Early Adopter
  • 20 posts
Friendly

That would be fun. I wonder, would it work, with puzzle dungeons? Doing alliance raids, in multiple dungeons, to open new deeper areas? It would complicate things, enough to keep them interesting for a long time to come. 

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

I never had the chance of doing 40 man raids in WoW. It sounds like a mess but I still would love to have given it a try :)

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I never had the chance of doing 40 man raids in WoW. It sounds like a mess but I still would love to have given it a try :)

Try Wildstar then. :D It's a bit of a failed feature there, however I'm sure there are a few guilds on every server managing to run 40 man raids. Or you know, you could PUG it!  :thumbsup:

Now that I think about it, I might resubscribe to Wildstar for like a day just to try a 40 man PUG raid!  :o

Sorry for off-topic.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
Well from the thread I linked only 2 guilds were attuned because you need to farm a lot of materials from dungeons/adventures, and it would literally take 20 years to get attuned just from doing 20 mans. Also first boss in 40 man has game breaking bugs making him unkillable. Sounds familiar lol.

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

Now that I think about it, I might resubscribe to Wildstar for like a day just to try a 40 man PUG raid!  :o

I would rather cut myself then try a 40 man PUG

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I'm sure it's one of those things that is so bad, it actually becomes awesome.

Some of my best (funniest) memories from WoW are from PUGs. We had a guy fall 2 times into the Onyxia whelps, BEFORE the fight actually started, or a druid that didn't want to switch to bear form to tank (he kept insisting cat is better in PUGs), or a mage I believe that needed on every freakin boss item that dropped in the first wing of Naxx, except an item that he actually needed.

Epic stuff like this really made my day. I often had trouble healing because of laughing until tears came out. :D

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Deragot

Deragot
  • Early Adopter
  • 3 posts
  • Location - Bulgaria
Neutral

I just tried Wildstar.40 man raids are great there are a few down sides:

1.It's hard to have 40 people every week.Things come up.People go to vacations,Work pop-ups.Not always everyone is free.

2.You must have really good computer to handel all particle effects.Right now my system is this:

CPU:

LGA 1150 - Intel Core i7- 4790k 4.0Ghz

(8MB Cache up to 4.40Ghz) + BOX.

VGA:

GF GTX 760, 4GB N7600C-4GD,

PCI-E 3.0, GDDR5. 256bit, HDMI, 2xDVI, Display port.

MB:

Asus Z97k, LGA1150, DDR3, PCI – E 3.0, (Crossfire), SB7.1, 6xSATA 6Gb/s, RAID 0,1,5,10; 4xUSB, ATX.

RAM:

Geil 1600Mhz, 16GB (2x8GB Kit),

DDR3, EVO LEGGERA.

HDD:

Seagate ST100DM003, 1TB, Barracuda, SATA3, 64MB Cache, 7200RPM.

Even with it my VideoCard becomes to Hot when i go to a raid with 80+ people in GW2.I have to upgread my RAM from 16gb to 32gb and buy better VideoCard.I play with culling disabled.In Wildstar is a little better from GW2 but if titan will like EQnext then you will definitely not want big 40men raids.You will have hell of a lag. 

3.Also when the raids are bigger like in WIldstar(40) or in GW2(80+) i don't bother to know the people like i do when the raid is smaller.

I think that Rift's raiding system is better.20men raid is the perfect size.It has neither to many nor to little players.I'd like the difficulty to be like in Wildstar.There the curve between casual and hard core raider is quite huge.You also need a decent computer not the best one.

Edited by Deragot, 27 August 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Posted Image