Character creation

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

ashe

ashe
  • Early Adopter
  • 5 posts
Friendly

What does everyone want to see available on the creation page?

I used to think being able to detail every feature on our characters would make us as unique as anyone would hope for, but after seeing Rift's really deep customization, characters looked too unique to the point everyone looked the same.

There is obviously tons of features we can benefit from on the character creation screen, but what I would really like to see is a body type scale, allowing you to choose between a Muscular build, skinny, fat or whatever is possibly available to add to it. This in my opinion has the potential to add more variety than having the ability to edit every shape, color, size, etc. of every facial feature like shown here in Rift(I'm only using Rift as an example because thats the only game I know with customization that deep).

So thats one option I'd like to see in Titan, a body scale, whats yours?

Edited by ashe, 09 May 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

I have a feeling we've had a character customisation thread, but I've been unable to find such a thing, so perhaps not.

I really like the whole discussion of character creation because it's just another way to imagine what the game might be like, but hopefully we'll be much more accurate here than in our other predictions.

The thing with character creation is that in the end, everyone still pretty much ends up looking the same (as you mentioned) so if Blizzard could work out that golden key to the problem, they'll be even more rich! What would I like to see?

• Something like EvE online character creation, never used a better one, personally:

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum
I agree with Euph, Blizzard should model EVE's character creation as its absolutely awesome! I want it to be complex and in depth so everyone can look different.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Tiam

Tiam
  • Early Adopter
  • 57 posts
  • Location - Bulgaria
Honored

There are a few MMOs right now that have really deep character creations.Rift,Tera,GW2 and ESO too when it comes.

GW2 azuras have cool models

Tera female's sexines is really ... mhm... something i would like to see in more MMOs

463245e5f54791f4.png

ashe

ashe
  • Early Adopter
  • 5 posts
Friendly

Good videos. I agree with the golden key part, thats exactly what I meant to talk about in this thread; to figure out what that one thing that will seperate you from everyone, but if you think about it, there is nothing in an mmo available only to one person. This will be really hard, or probably not possible.

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

There are a few MMOs right now that have really deep character creations.Rift,Tera,GW2 and ESO too when it comes.

GW2 azuras have cool models

Tera female's sexines is really ... mhm... something i would like to see in more MMOs

this this this! 

i also think there should be more MMOs which shows some more sexiness like tera for example. i like the detailed characters (and char custom. options) in tera!

big like!

• Something like EvE online character creation, never used a better one, personally:

i could play with that char custom. editor for hours!

Edited by PinkPony, 19 May 2013 - 11:12 AM.

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

but what I would really like to see is a body type scale, allowing you to choose between a Muscular build, skinny, fat or whatever is possibly available to add to it. This in my opinion has the potential to add more variety than having the ability to edit every shape, color, size, etc. of every facial feature like shown here in Rift(I'm only using Rift as an example because thats the only game I know with customization that deep).

i like all these videos, pretty nice. but what if you actually have to work, to do something to keep your body fit and muscular? if you often wield 2h weapons in combat you probably get a very strong and muscular look some day. if you are a healer and you don't want to get fat you have to run and do sports more often to stay fit and in good, thin shape. so yes, body type scaling is pretty cool, but wouldn't it be cool if you have to do something to maintain your favourite body type? that'd make the game more addictive hehe.

btw. what about armor painting for transmogrification?

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

templar said armor styles like these look too much like fantasy:

http://img1.mmo.mmo4...high_elf_02.jpg

but i think it also fits perfectly in a more futuristic game! just imagine it. the game doesn't need to be a fantasy one.

i think with character looks like these it takes away a big portion of the aesthetic potential, because you don't see the body features, the face, hair, beard etc...

character creation should allow you to define the boobs&booty size, your overall bodyshape, your legs and should be especially detailed in the facial area. you should be able to pick a body color, body tattoos, use eyeliners, stuff like that. maybe even choose a dance style when you first create your char. i think for a next gen MMO this is the minimum as we all love to create our own unique character. 

btw. @ templar: i think they will have something for everyone as blizzard already stated titan will have more broad appeal and for me that also means more customization, because a broader audience also needs more customization options. imagine 5000 people look all very different and unique (in terms of body shape AND equipment), and now imagine 500.000 people all look nearly the same. i'd definitely pick to go with the first crowd.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

templar said armor styles like these look too much like fantasy:

http://img1.mmo.mmo4...high_elf_02.jpg

but i think it also fits perfectly in a more futuristic game! just imagine it. the game doesn't need to be a fantasy one.

i think with character looks like these it takes away a big portion of the aesthetic potential, because you don't see the body features, the face etc...

character creation should allow you to define the boobs&booty size, your overall bodyshape, your legs and should be especially detailed in the facial area. you should be able to pick a body color, body tattoos, use eyeliners, stuff like that. maybe even choose a dance style when you first create your char. i think for a next gen MMO this is the minimum as we all love to create our own unique character. 

btw. @ templar: i think they will have something for everyone as blizzard already stated titan will have more broad appeal and for me that also means more customization, because a broader audience also needs more customization options. imagine 5000 people look all very different and unique, and now imagine 500.000 people all look nearly the same. i'd definitely pick to go with the first crowd.

I don't think Blizzard means the game will have a wide array of armor styles, I think it means that the game will appeal to casual pvpers and hardcore pve'ers alike. Also, if Titan is a science fiction game, the armor does not fit the setting. Sci-fi games typically have lots of darker colored grittier armor whilst fantasy games have bright, extravagant armor. The above armor style does not fit the proposed genre of the game.

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

The above armor style does not fit the proposed genre of the game.

then i guess i dont have a place in a futuristic game. have to wait until they show us the new character models for world of warcraft. damn im so excited to see something from titan. even concept artworks at this years blizzcon would do it. it'd be nothing of a sensible gameplay information. just to see into what direction titan goes.

would be disappointing if they don't show us something in form of artworks at least. we were waiting so many years, and every blizzcon barely a word on titan. i think it's time to get on a new hype level.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

then i guess i dont have a place in a futuristic game. have to wait until they show us the new character models for world of warcraft. damn im so excited to see something from titan. even concept artworks at this years blizzcon would do it. it'd be nothing of a sensible gameplay information. just to see into what direction titan goes.

would be disappointing if they don't show us something in form of artworks at least. we were waiting so many years, and every blizzcon barely a word on titan. i think it's time to get on a new hype level.

I suspect we'll see an announcement or a teaser at least at Blizzcon.

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

I suspect we'll see an announcement or a teaser at least at Blizzcon.

yknow what? i think we're far from titans announcement. that makes me sad. the only thing i can hope for is concept artwork drawings @ blizzcon. no gameplay screenshots, no trailer, nothing sensible. but im not sure. maybe they will not even talk about it.

i want to know something about the art style of titan! 

Tiam

Tiam
  • Early Adopter
  • 57 posts
  • Location - Bulgaria
Honored

I don't think that we are so far away from an announcement if Titan's release date is planed for 2015.We should see some teaser on this Blizzcon

463245e5f54791f4.png

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I don't think that we are so far away from an announcement if Titan's release date is planed for 2015.We should see some teaser on this Blizzcon

The leak did say a teaser would be released at Blizzcon...

Executioner

Executioner
  • Early Adopter
  • 5 posts
  • Location - Hell
Neutral

I would propose a Mass Effect-esque character creation, with body options aswell.

Body types! I've always disliked really buff mages or healers.

I want a fat character, a skinny one, and a buff one.

I'd like to have total control over the hairstyle of my character and how short/tall he/she is.

I'd like to have total control over their facial hair aswell, including eyebrows.

Tattoos, man! Scars! Eye-depth, proportions, eye-color... I'd like to be able to make a guy with really tiny eyes and huge nose and huge ears... and fat.

21.jpg

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I would propose a Mass Effect-esque character creation, with body options aswell.

Body types! I've always disliked really buff mages or healers.

I want a fat character, a skinny one, and a buff one.

I'd like to have total control over the hairstyle of my character and how short/tall he/she is.

I'd like to have total control over their facial hair aswell, including eyebrows.

Tattoos, man! Scars! Eye-depth, proportions, eye-color... I'd like to be able to make a guy with really tiny eyes and huge nose and huge ears... and fat.

I agree, I love RPG character / body customization.

Thinktank

Thinktank
  • Early Adopter
  • 20 posts
Friendly

Limited to a few variants, of texture, size and shape. After the games release, maybe adding more will be okay. Start smaller on the custom side, working in more depth. In another post I made, I suggested hardcore. There could be a lot of new characters, being made all the time. Managing that maybe tough. So start small, tweaking as the time goes on. Working in new custom options, will not be overlooked, due to the hardcore mode. Then maybe working a in game, character custom shop. In game custom shop can be used, for normal characters. Players will always have their normal characters, so working a custom show will be nice. 4 armed character like Goro would be an interesting addition. In melee he would dominate! 

I wasn't thinking this when I originally posted this. But what if, you could build your base character. A creator show, will give a player insight, to what that character could become. Meaning as you play the game they grow, based on your play style. Melee heroes gaining muscle mass, mages growing big heads, and ranged maintaining a slander form. LOL im being funny, but only kind of.