Change
Photo

What classes you think that are in Titan or What classes you'd like to see?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Venald

Venald
  • Early Adopter
  • 13 posts
Neutral

As we know something about the game and we have talked about holy trinity. I began wondering what classes there are going to be. In my opinion it is important to have many classes because it adds more customization. In wow you have 11 (?) classes and they all have at least 3 different setups.

I would like to classes that are very different from each other like druid and shaman in wow. Even thou they are (ranged) spell casters they have their own special abilities like shapeshift and totems.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

We might have already made a thread about this, I cannot seem to find it but I know for certain that there is a thread which discusses classes. Anyone know which thread?

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

I hope no classes, just create a character and go nuts, skyrim style

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

We might have already made a thread about this, I cannot seem to find it but I know for certain that there is a thread which discusses classes. Anyone know which thread?

Perhaps you meant this: http://titanfocus.in...s/?hl=character

On the note of classes, I'm hoping they do something with the whole system that is new and exciting - as with what I hope for the rest of the MMO. :)

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

I also hope that Blizzard can think up a new and exciting way to bring your Character into the world, instead of the same way MMOs are doing today. The current way its being done opens it up to alot of Balance issues and can be a chronic nightmare when you have different gametypes like PVE and PVP.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

It would be fun if they didn't have classes at all but instead let players form their own characters. Here is a simple way this could work:

1. Every player has a certain amount of slots to fill with skills.

2. Every player has a certain amount of slots to fill with passive stats.

So in the beginning you get to choose one of each so that you are good to go into the world. Then as you go you unlock new skills/stats that you can freely choose form.

Some will form their character into specialized types which will go well in a group and some will be more general which can be better if you solo.

Another thing that can be added on top of unlocking skills and passive stats you can choose from is to have skills and passive stats that can be acquired as scrolls and then either be used or traded/sold.

This system allows players/groups to keep the holy trinity if they wish so or create more general characters if they rather want that.

Executioner

Executioner
  • Early Adopter
  • 5 posts
  • Location - Hell
Neutral

Have you ever seen the Sacred Ashes trailer for Dragon Age? Lok it up on youtube if you havent and you'll know what I mean.

You see the guy clad in armor, with a shield. You'd think h'es the tank, right?

But as the trailer progresses, you see the "tank" doing his own thing over there, while he commands the archer to go and kill this potential threat while the mage backs her up, and then the mage goes and deals with some dudes by herself and then the huge melee guy goes to get the dragon's attention while the others get in place. Then the mage makes the dragon focus on her but the archer distracts it and the mage blasts it. Then the "tank" comes in a finishes it off.

THAT IS what I'd like to see in Titan. No specified roles, just good coordination in order to accomplish things. "You go this way, I go this way, meet up in the middle and push forward while this other guy supports us and that guy sneaks off into that room and..."

21.jpg

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

But as the trailer progresses, you see the "tank" doing his own thing over there, while he commands the archer to go and kill this potential threat while the mage backs her up, and then the mage goes and deals with some dudes by herself and then the huge melee guy goes to get the dragon's attention while the others get in place. Then the mage makes the dragon focus on her but the archer distracts it and the mage blasts it. Then the "tank" comes in a finishes it off.

THAT IS what I'd like to see in Titan. No specified roles, just good coordination in order to accomplish things. "You go this way, I go this way, meet up in the middle and push forward while this other guy supports us and that guy sneaks off into that room and..."

It sounds good in theory, but GW2 tried something like this and its dungeon runs turned out to be the biggest chaotic mess ever found in a game. :D There may be other ways of implementing it though, so who knows..

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Valdall

Valdall
  • Early Adopter
  • 4 posts
Neutral

It would be fun if they didn't have classes at all but instead let players form their own characters. Here is a simple way this could work:

1. Every player has a certain amount of slots to fill with skills.

2. Every player has a certain amount of slots to fill with passive stats.

So in the beginning you get to choose one of each so that you are good to go into the world. Then as you go you unlock new skills/stats that you can freely choose form.

Some will form their character into specialized types which will go well in a group and some will be more general which can be better if you solo.

Another thing that can be added on top of unlocking skills and passive stats you can choose from is to have skills and passive stats that can be acquired as scrolls and then either be used or traded/sold.

This system allows players/groups to keep the holy trinity if they wish so or create more general characters if they rather want that.

That sounds a lot like the Skillwheel system in The Secret World.

I like the system tho its not perfect, but, like i said in another thread, i would love to see what it could become in the hands of Blizzard.

Thinktank

Thinktank
  • Early Adopter
  • 20 posts
Friendly

I would like to see, Medievil character styles. More like Diablo and Warcraft. Classes could be open for characters to learn (making your character, who you want them to be. Crossbreeding :heart:). Leveling could be EXP based, with spend EXP for stats, or save EXP for % buff. Skills are learned from trainers, battling, playing others game with in the MMO (Moba, Sport, Crafting, Mini games). But the classes I would like to see skills of are 1: Samurai 2: Ninja 3: Barbarian 4: Paladin 5: Mage Masher 6: Onion Knight 7: Dragoon 8: Shield Bearer and 9: Mancer  (Mancer in general, like crossbreeding classes of elemental, and undead types).