Change
Photo

Auction House

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Action House

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What kind of Action House do you prefer

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Tiam

Tiam
  • Early Adopter
  • 57 posts
  • Location - Bulgaria
Honored

AH is really important part of MMOs.What kind of AH do you prefer and why.Do you like server bound or cross realm AH?What pros and cons do you find in them.

463245e5f54791f4.png

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I like to have a server locked AH as it allows each server's economy to thrive independently. I do hope that Titan is a one server game though and therefore one AH is all that's needed in that situation.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Sig

Sig
  • Early Adopter
  • 133 posts
Exalted.bronze

i voted cross realm, alltho with that vote come some pretty big restrictions. Firstly templar is right in terms of allowing a servers econmy to thrive, for example, on some servers X ore is worth 50g/stack, that same ore on another server is worth 200g/stack, so if you understand basic server economics it makes it so much easier to farm gold.

however, bots are a thing we all have to live with now, im confident it wont take long even in titan to see bots thus making that ore dependent on whether or not ure server has an influx of bots, if the AH would go cross realm the value of most items that are farmable would drop to a rate that makes your time farming those mats to gain a decent profit void. IF bots were non-exsistent id love a cross realm AH, as there would be more buyers for ure product, and if you have a rare vanity item for exmaple, the item you have would be accsessible for more buyers.

I don't judge people on there age, gender, Weight, Height, looks, personality, religious or political views.

I judge people on there stupidity.

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

i voted cross realm, alltho with that vote come some pretty big restrictions. Firstly templar is right in terms of allowing a servers econmy to thrive, for example, on some servers X ore is worth 50g/stack, that same ore on another server is worth 200g/stack, so if you understand basic server economics it makes it so much easier to farm gold.

however, bots are a thing we all have to live with now, im confident it wont take long even in titan to see bots thus making that ore dependent on whether or not ure server has an influx of bots, if the AH would go cross realm the value of most items that are farmable would drop to a rate that makes your time farming those mats to gain a decent profit void. IF bots were non-exsistent id love a cross realm AH, as there would be more buyers for ure product, and if you have a rare vanity item for exmaple, the item you have would be accsessible for more buyers.

I voted "server bound", although I pretty much agree with you said here....and I had some of the same thoughts with bots. My question is though, if you know bots will exist...why did you vote cross realm exactly?

I'd like to add that the main reason I picked server bound is because different "hardcore" groups of players will be on different servers. I prefer the auction house to move a bit slower and coincide with what is happening on my server, not other servers..

I don't have a problem with cross realm exactly, I just much more prefer server bound.

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

In WoW i would join different Realms for a different experience. If i wanted to PVE alone and in  peace i would join a low populated server without PVP, if i wanted to play the action house (which i did often) then i would join a high populated server that has a faster moving economy.

I chose "Server Bound" for this reason, each Realm should have its own feel and pace depending on its population having an "Cross Realm" action house would detract from the servers ability to become Unique.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

Tiam

Tiam
  • Early Adopter
  • 57 posts
  • Location - Bulgaria
Honored

What i never liked about low populated servers is that their AH is always almost dead.In cross realm AH i like that all servers are conected to it and people will always find what they need on reasonable prices(even if the person is on a dead server).

I agree with Sig that botters can be problem,but will they be?

My opinion is that AH can't be manipulated to such enormous extend that some players may think.It will have millions of items from thousand of players.The competition will be mhm...big.Imagine having to sell a stack of ore after doing some farming and then you see there are thousands of it.I think there will be deflation of commodities reather than inflation of the gold.Prices would be stabilized though demand and supply would be more steady,flattening the peaks and lessening the dry-ups.

Just like in real life.It becomes harder to control a market the more buyers and sellers there are.

I will go for a cross realm AH.I like it more

463245e5f54791f4.png

Orhai

Orhai
  • Early Adopter
  • 159 posts
Honored

xserver or not its important that they learn from diablo mistakes(they still have not in diablo)

the commodity system in diablo is terrible and is manipulable by 1 person even when there were millions of players daily.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum
Just want to say, I really hope that Titan doesn't have a real money AH

Tiam

Tiam
  • Early Adopter
  • 57 posts
  • Location - Bulgaria
Honored

Just want to say, I really hope that Titan doesn't have a real money AH

Templar,

I hope for that too,but the problem in diablo is that the drops in the game and the RNG i think are based too much around the RMAH.Blizzard wants to make profit from the RMAH so they lower the drop rates of the items too much.And that is a huge problem for the playerbase.

A good RMAH in my eyes must never affect in game drop rates.The 2 systems must be set apart.A game's RNG must not be dictated by RMAH.This must never happen.And i think blizzard did exactly that mistake with DiabloIII.

RMAH must be in the same boat as outside sellers.None of them shouldn't be able to affect in game drop rates and RNG

I much more prefer a game shop with only cosmetic and vanity items which you can buy either with in game gold or real money.

463245e5f54791f4.png

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

Templar,

I hope for that too,but the problem in diablo is that the drops in the game and the RNG i think are based too much around the RMAH.Blizzard wants to make profit from the RMAH so they lower the drop rates of the items too much.And that is a huge problem for the playerbase.

A good RMAH in my eyes must never affect in game drop rates.The 2 systems must be set apart.A game's RNG must not be dictated by RMAH.This must never happen.And i think blizzard did exactly that mistake with DiabloIII.

RMAH must be in the same boat as outside sellers.None of them shouldn't be able to affect in game drop rates and RNG

I much more prefer a game shop with only cosmetic and vanity items which you can buy either with in game gold or real money.

But Blizzard has admited the the RMAH was not such a good idea...

http://www.escapistm...e-Was-a-Mistake

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

But Blizzard has admited the the RMAH was not such a good idea...

http://www.escapistm...e-Was-a-Mistake

Yeah, I think there is a very small place for RMAHs in MMOs, if there must be some form of shop with real money I'd prefer a cash shop for vanity items, pets etc. I also wish it could be either integrated into the game so it doesn't ruin immersion or is kept online like the Blizzard shop.

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

Yeah, I think there is a very small place for RMAHs in MMOs, if there must be some form of shop with real money I'd prefer a cash shop for vanity items, pets etc. I also wish it could be either integrated into the game so it doesn't ruin immersion or is kept online like the Blizzard shop.

You know, I really like the way GW2 does their cash shop. What you can do is buy gems with real money OR transfer in game currency into gems to buy items from the gem store. This way the people who don't want to spend money can still access all the items in the gem store if they raise enough gold. If blizzard will do a RMAH system in titan, I hope they strongly consider this type.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Tiam

Tiam
  • Early Adopter
  • 57 posts
  • Location - Bulgaria
Honored

You know, I really like the way GW2 does their cash shop. What you can do is buy gems with real money OR transfer in game currency into gems to buy items from the gem store. This way the people who don't want to spend money can still access all the items in the gem store if they raise enough gold. If blizzard will do a RMAH system in titan, I hope they strongly consider this type.

You are absolutely right that GW2 has very good cash shop.I really like it too.The player has the option to buy or not to buy items with real money.GW2 has an awesome gem shop.Most MMOs must have something similar to it.

463245e5f54791f4.png

Stompalomp

Stompalomp
  • Early Adopter
  • 102 posts
  • Location - UK
Exalted

Problem with cross realm AH is that there is just too much supply and too much demand which inflates and suppresses the prices of different items too much at times.  

This is only made worse by any form of cash shop; because people can use real money to buy items at inflated prices, thereby pricing those of us who wont use real money out of the market.  I don't see how you can be anti RMAH and pro cash shop; in essence they are the same thing.  The economy should be a closed system, because if it isn't then it will lead to rampant price inflation, due to over demand for low availability items.

So, in answer to the original post:

Server limited AH's and no RMAH/cash shop.

P.S. I dont mind real money being used for vanity items (mounts, pets etc). 

Lokan

Lokan
  • Early Adopter
  • 27 posts
  • Location - Finland
Honored

As you guys have mentioned there are pros and cons with both systems, and whatever they choose to go with it will most likely have some (at least minor) flaws.

I study economics so I'm usually quite interested in the financial system of an mmo and I like to play around a bit with it. With that said, I do think that a cross realm AH system is far more interesting, complex and "living" than a server locked one so I'm hoping for the first mentioned one. 

Ignorantia est fatalis

Donkey

Donkey
  • Early Adopter
  • 7 posts
  • Location - Kingdom of Far Far Away
Neutral

Id like a xrealm ah more chance for somebody to purchase your auctions.

donkey1.png

Berylo

Berylo
  • Early Adopter
  • 22 posts
Friendly

imagine that you are the best guild on the server and you are really happy that you are able to get some very rare reagent from dungeon or something. You can earn a lot if you have no cross-realm AH. Of course you can be the best guild at all but... you know.

Orhai

Orhai
  • Early Adopter
  • 159 posts
Honored

been in that situation before berylo and trust me being the best guild on the server on a small server with bad economy you still envy the bigger servers regardless of monopoly

Tiam

Tiam
  • Early Adopter
  • 57 posts
  • Location - Bulgaria
Honored

Problem with cross realm AH is that there is just too much supply and too much demand which inflates and suppresses the prices of different items too much at times.  

This is only made worse by any form of cash shop; because people can use real money to buy items at inflated prices, thereby pricing those of us who wont use real money out of the market.  I don't see how you can be anti RMAH and pro cash shop; in essence they are the same thing.  

Cash shop and RMAH are different things.The 1st thing sells only cosmetic things so it can't by any means affect the game AH.

Now the RMAH is a problem as it is directly connected to the game's economy and that becomes a problem.

If you compare WoW's cash shop to DIII's RMAH and GW2's gem shop you will notice a difference in them.WoW and GW2 shops sell items which are for cosmetic use  only and not for power increase.Diablo's RMAH affects the game too much.It is selling gold,gear,weapons and other things which it shouldn't if you ask me.That is why i'm against a RMAH

463245e5f54791f4.png

Stompalomp

Stompalomp
  • Early Adopter
  • 102 posts
  • Location - UK
Exalted

Cash shop and RMAH are different things.The 1st thing sells only cosmetic things so it can't by any means affect the game AH.

Now the RMAH is a problem as it is directly connected to the game's economy and that becomes a problem.

If you compare WoW's cash shop to DIII's RMAH and GW2's gem shop you will notice a difference in them.WoW and GW2 shops sell items which are for cosmetic use  only and not for power increase.Diablo's RMAH affects the game too much.It is selling gold,gear,weapons and other things which it shouldn't if you ask me.That is why i'm against a RMAH

It was my understanding that in GW2 you could use real money to buy gems which could then used to buy cosmetic items or convert them into in game gold?  This makes it the same in effect as a RMAH. The fact that u by gems then convert those to in game currency just adds an extra step.  Agree with everything you said regarding gear/weapons etc not being purchasable with real money. 

The WoW cash shop is the only example for using real money for purely cosmetic stuff, which, as I said in my last post I'm fine with.