Change
Photo

Ideas/Concepts you want or don't want to see in Titan?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Draklian

Draklian
  • Early Adopter
  • 2 posts
  • Location - California
Neutral
Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I found the site from reddit/gaming on the 2nd when the 'big leak' was posted on the front page. Been reading the forums here every day since then. 
Those of you that have been playing other Blizzard games and keep up with the developer and CM talk should know that Blizzard reads fansite forums for feedback and idea's about there games. So I thought I would try to start a discussion about things that we want or don't want to see in Titan in the hopes that Blizzard is reading our stuff. 

My first idea is more or less stolen from another MMO, Final Fantasy 11. It was my first MMO; I only got to level 20ish. I found the game to be exceedingly tedious and time consuming to the point of frustration and quit after only a few weeks. However, its Sub-class system I thought was truly ingenious. Basically once you got to a certain level, 30 IIRC, you could switch your 'class' and you would be level 1 again. You would have the same character and gear and whatnot, though most of it I imagine you cannot use for class/level restriction reasons. But the major perk was that you could then select a sub-class and you gained abilities from your sub-class and it leveled up to half the level of your primary class. Using a wow example you could be a level 90 rogue with a sub class of 45 warrior. Always thought this was pretty cool idea and adds a lot of customization and class combinations. Major downside is balancing issues.

My second point is less specific but important to me none the less. Character customization. I played diablo 2 for years, loved it to death. Diablo 3's skill system and customization I thought a poor substitution, though I know there's people that disagree. I want more depth in a character, though I realize thats a bit harder to do in an MMO. Something like D2's attribute system doesnt really work in an MMO. However I think its depth can be applied in other ways. An example of this is wow, not the talent system, but the skill system. Wow's skill system was what really gave the game depth imo, the talent system was too easy to be cookie cutter and just copy what everyone says is the best build. But the skill system was very well done, players learning to how and when to use all of thier abilities really seperated the bad players from the good and from the great. So I am not really sure what I am looking for in a skill/talent/attribute system, but the D2 system doesnt really translate to an MMO well and the D3 one feels too cookie cutter like WoW's old talent system. 

There's probably more things I can think of given time but thats it for now. Anyone else got any cool idea's for Titan? Or thoughts on mine.

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

I also love customization, making your character unique is something alot of games lack. What i hope will be in Titan is "complete customization", and what i mean by that is that there won't even be classes, if you wanna be a rouge-type character you have to play the part, go around and play sneaky and assasinate people and you will earn experience in that field. There will always be people who find the absolute "best" build and that will probably be used for serious endgame content, but i hope blizzard finds a way around this and maybe balanses it out with more "fun" builds and variation.

I also want more player-driven things in the game, more than just a guild and auction-house like in wow. For example if someone wanted to run an arena you should be able to do this (don't know how blizzard would go about doing this though ^^') and you would have to market it so people would come to your show. People pay you and you pay the gladiators. 

What i don't want to see in Titan is teleports. In WoW they have teleports everywhere, 30min hearthstone, dungeon teleport, major city teleports. (and off-topic mass g-invites) If kept in moderation this could be okay, but nowadays it barely takes 5 min to get to the other side of azeroth :/

/whine-mode off, anyway what im trying to say is it's too much convenience and that could ruin the experience.

Anyway great thread and welcome to Titanfocus! :D

21.jpg

Orhai

Orhai
  • Early Adopter
  • 159 posts
Honored

bring up a good point with the mass-ginvites i think they should make building a guild tough and part of the end game not just through currency but through time investment and careful decisions i think you should only be able to invite 1 player to your guild per day(that player also has to do work of some sort to benefit the guild to be able to receive the invitation) etc.. I think these type  measures would be acceptable by the masses and would bring some integrity back to the idea of the common guild in a mmo

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

bring up a good point with the mass-ginvites i think they should make building a guild tough and part of the end game not just through currency but through time investment and careful decisions i think you should only be able to invite 1 player to your guild per day(that player also has to do work of some sort to benefit the guild to be able to receive the invitation) etc.. I think these type  measures would be acceptable by the masses and would bring some integrity back to the idea of the common guild in a mmo

I think the 1 player a day invite cap is a terrible idea, it would take ages to build a guild up and that would just cause problems.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Orhai

Orhai
  • Early Adopter
  • 159 posts
Honored

guilds should take ages to be built up they are guilds having said that it would also make sense a guild would need more than 1 player to start it so it would start with like 10 players or something like that

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

i don't think the 1 per day invite is a rather good idea, it wouldn't help bring back the "social" in guilds. If we should talk "wow" i think they should completely remove the guild rewards, and make them solely for talking and planning raids etc

21.jpg

Orhai

Orhai
  • Early Adopter
  • 159 posts
Honored

1 invite per day would mean players would need to compete to get into the guilds they want to join meaning they would have to get to know people and help people get to know them

zerg guilds are far too common today massive guilds with basically sub guilds within where you may know some people but unless you are leadership you probably dont know half or more of the members anymore than other people you meet in game on your faction

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

1 invite per day would mean players would need to compete to get into the guilds they want to join meaning they would have to get to know people and help people get to know them

zerg guilds are far too common today massive guilds with basically sub guilds within where you may know some people but unless you are leadership you probably dont know half or more of the members anymore than other people you meet in game on your faction

your example is a little too extreme for my taste tbh, but you have a point with the zerg guilds, but before the newest expansions in wow guilds where really good and balanced. But i definetily agree with you on the point that you should know your guildmembers.

21.jpg

Fayul

Fayul
  • Early Adopter
  • 11 posts
  • Location - vermont
Friendly

Maybe a cap on the guild roster?   It'll prevent the mega guilds that seem to be the norm

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Maybe a cap on the guild roster?   It'll prevent the mega guilds that seem to be the norm

A cap is very reasonable, and is a much better approach to the issue of mega zerg guilds. Maybe guilds could pay to have more members? Say 500g for 500 more places in the guild? The system would have to be refined but I don't see an issue with that.

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

A cap is very reasonable, and is a much better approach to the issue of mega zerg guilds. Maybe guilds could pay to have more members? Say 500g for 500 more places in the guild? The system would have to be refined but I don't see an issue with that.

I personally think that if a guild has more than 70-100 kinda active members the guild should be split into categories, if the guild has 1 head and 2 branches, pvp and pve, and each of those would have a head of it's own, then it'd be easier to keep track of people and feel more at home, atleast that's what i think

21.jpg

Orhai

Orhai
  • Early Adopter
  • 159 posts
Honored

I personally think that if a guild has more than 70-100 kinda active members the guild should be split into categories, if the guild has 1 head and 2 branches, pvp and pve, and each of those would have a head of it's own, then it'd be easier to keep track of people and feel more at home, atleast that's what i think

like that idea they could have templates you can choose from when making a guild something maybe similar in scale atleast to this:

pvp/pve guild 50 members 

pvp guild 30 members

pve guild 30 members

ability to combine a pvp guild an pve guild under 1 guild banner with 2 rosters 2 leaders etc. to increase the member cap to 80 40 for each sub guild

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

like that idea they could have templates you can choose from when making a guild something maybe similar in scale atleast to this:

pvp/pve guild 50 members 

pvp guild 30 members

pve guild 30 members

ability to combine a pvp guild an pve guild under 1 guild banner with 2 rosters 2 leaders etc. to increase the member cap to 80 40 for each sub guild

Agreed :)

21.jpg

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I do like that system, perhaps there could be a head of each class, (assuming Titan has classes), for example, I may be head of rogues, you may be head of mages etc. It definitely makes a large guild much more manageable when it's split into smaller sections.

sally

sally
  • Early Adopter
  • 10 posts
Neutral

I do like that system, perhaps there could be a head of each class, (assuming Titan has classes), for example, I may be head of rogues, you may be head of mages etc. It definitely makes a large guild much more manageable when it's split into smaller sections.

that be pro if u get to be the best that is  :smoke:

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

that be pro if u get to be the best that is  :smoke:

:)

Fayul

Fayul
  • Early Adopter
  • 11 posts
  • Location - vermont
Friendly

Imagine if it was more of a union setup.  Tanks here, ranged dps there.......  almost like a merc showroom

Draklian

Draklian
  • Early Adopter
  • 2 posts
  • Location - California
Neutral

Actually, a lot of what you guys are saying is already present in wow's guild system. It has ranks that you can assign specific names to and what they have access to do as far as the guild management goes. You can create class leaders and PVP, PVE leaders as well as sub guilds within the guild using these ranks. The only major thing is that its all run and managed by the players. Which in my opinion, is the right way to do it. A guild needs to have the freedom to be able to function as many different types of guilds, PVE, PVP, RP, or all of them together. The alternative would be creating different types of guilds Arbacus suggestedI would generally agree with a guild cap on the number of members, though I think what that cap is really depends on the purpose of the guild is.

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

The only thing that I absolutely NEED: A vast, open-world that isn't instanced off and allows for extensive freedom of movement. (This does not mean flying)

Karbonkel

Karbonkel
  • Early Adopter
  • 3 posts
  • Location - Macedonia
Neutral

To be completely honest I'd be happy if this game is a complete wow replica, just with another story and some other things slightly changed.
I just want a game to be exactly like wow, but not wow... hope you understand what I'm trying to say here.