Change
Photo

What do you think Titan's real name will be?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Stompalomp

Stompalomp
  • Early Adopter
  • 102 posts
  • Location - UK
Exalted

What about:

"Odyssey"

Brings together Greek/Roman mythology and invokes ideas of travelling, epic journeys, deities, etc all into one name. Might be quite an apt name if the rumor threads and ideas we have about Titan so far prove accurate.

Also, even a bit of Sci-fi space exploration theme too if u think David Bowie - Space Odyssey :)

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

What about:

"Odyssey"

Brings together Greek/Roman mythology and invokes ideas of travelling, epic journeys, deities, etc all into one name. Might be quite an apt name if the rumor threads and ideas we have about Titan so far prove accurate.

Also, even a bit of Sci-fi space exploration theme too if u think David Bowie - Space Odyssey :)

i'd take that :) only problem i can think of might be that you relate it to a bunch of other things (odysseus, and maybe magnavox odyssey) and that it's a tad bit over-used.. but this might just be me.. dunno :p nevertheless, i dig ^^'

21.jpg

Horrorshow

Horrorshow
  • Early Adopter
  • 17 posts
  • Location - Stockholm, Sweden
Honored

After a weekend of pondering and meditating i have finally come to my final conclusion regarding my theory.

It will surely be titled "World of Worldcraft"

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

I'm guessing something like EVE, which to my knowledge doesn't stand for anything, just sounds and looks totally awesome, so I guess Titan might be something like that.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I'm guessing something like EVE, which to my knowledge doesn't stand for anything, just sounds and looks totally awesome, so I guess Titan might be something like that.

I do like one liner names, I think that's part of the reason I like the name Titan. It's unique and cool, like EVE.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

I do like one liner names, I think that's part of the reason I like the name Titan. It's unique and cool, like EVE.

Wouldn't call it (Titan) unique, Titan in movies, Titan in games... EVE on the other hand, only reminds me of one thing - EVE. :)

EVE

LoL

WoW

Y U all 3 letters? o.O

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Wouldn't call it (Titan) unique, Titan in movies, Titan in games... EVE on the other hand, only reminds me of one thing - EVE. :)

EVE

LoL

WoW

Y U all 3 letters? o.O

Three letter names do have a certain appeal :)

Jaxxar

Jaxxar
  • Early Adopter
  • 9 posts
Friendly

Since Titan is based on Greek Mythology I would go with "Golden Age". The Titans lived in the Golden Age. Or "Titanomachy" which is the War of the Titans.

Then there is always the Mother of the Titans "Gaia".

But for some reason "Helios" sounds good.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Since Titan is based on Greek Mythology I would go with "Golden Age". The Titans lived in the Golden Age. Or "Titanomachy" which is the War of the Titans.

Then there is always the Mother of the Titans "Gaia".

But for some reason "Helios" sounds good.

Helios does sound cool, there is already an MMO called Gaia, Golden age and Titanomachy both sound awesome :)

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I for one hope that the game will be called "Focus". This way I'll be able to keep the current name of the website. :D

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

I like the sound of Helios and Focus, even if the latter seems quite unlikely xP

how about:

Eclipse - cus it sounds cool :p

Zodiac - cus you know, greek mythology, stars n stuff (this could also mean that there are 12 races, classes or something like that) :)

It feels like a one word title fits well for Titan, since it'll be easier to keep apart from world of warcraft

21.jpg

Rhaiden

Rhaiden
  • Early Adopter
  • 19 posts
  • Location - United States
Honored

"Earth, Sky, and Beyond" is what I think. Assuming Uranus and Gaia are the central figures of the mythology. I'm also assuming the "sim" part of the game will be olympians in their futuristic world. The  matrix"esque" portion will be Jumping into the "titans"  or aka the avatar portion. The time travel being future olympians controlling titans in the past or some time restraints like that.

This game may describe a past event in a futuristic setting during the time of the golden age when humans were extremely technologically advanced, but in a semi steam punkish sort of way (not necessarily steam punk but alternate advancement).

The game expansions can have different ages introduced, the closer to present history your sim has the avatar go to the more chaotic things get.

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

"Earth, Sky, and Beyond" is what I think. Assuming Uranus and Gaia are the central figures of the mythology. I'm also assuming the "sim" part of the game will be olympians in their futuristic world. The  matrix"esque" portion will be Jumping into the "titans"  or aka the avatar portion. The time travel being future olympians controlling titans in the past or some time restraints like that.

This game may describe a past event in a futuristic setting during the time of the golden age when humans were extremely technologically advanced, but in a semi steam punkish sort of way (not necessarily steam punk but alternate advancement).

The game expansions can have different ages introduced, the closer to present history your sim has the avatar go to the more chaotic things get.

I like the wonder in this whole post. Also, that name sounds like a great name for a book or a film! :)

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

RoI

Realm of Infinity

ahlaundoh

ahlaundoh
  • Early Adopter
  • 2 posts
Neutral

I have a feeling the name will involve physics, astronomy or cosmology.

Celestial, singularity, heaven, etc. or some version of those words seems likely. 

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

I have a feeling the name will involve physics, astronomy or cosmology.

Celestial, singularity, heaven, etc. or some version of those words seems likely. 

sounds all very futuristic, but i hope there is some realism involved, like that we can see and also choose to play humans and not only some alien race. your estimation could be very accurate, at least this is what i believe.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

sounds all very futuristic, but i hope there is some realism involved, like that we can see and also choose to play humans and not only some alien race. your estimation could be very accurate, at least this is what i believe.

I agree, I want to play as a human but I don't want to be earth bound or bound by reality, I do want to be a gun maniac bad ass but a human at the same time :)

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

I agree, I want to play as a human but I don't want to be earth bound or bound by reality, I do want to be a gun maniac bad ass but a human at the same time :)

yea but i don't want to look like this as a human (too much gear covering the body, too futuristic):

Guardian.png

instead, i'd prefer to look like the following one (or at least have the opportunity with things like transmog to farm an outfit like this) - smart, casual, but still sexy and you can see something of the actual body - okay she is no human but she's "humanoid" - much better than the first character art style:

tera_high-elf.jpg

oh Hamsters rock, Squirrels suck! i went a bit offtopic. but it had to happen :) btw templar nice profile picture^^

BTT: what about "The Sexy And The Beast" :D

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

yea but i don't want to look like this as a human (too much gear covering the body, too futuristic):

Guardian.png

instead, i'd prefer to look like the following one (or at least have the opportunity with things like transmog to farm an outfit like this) - smart, casual, but still sexy and you can see something of the actual body - okay she is no human but she's "humanoid" - much better than the first character art style:

tera_high-elf.jpg

oh Hamsters rock, Squirrels suck! i went a bit offtopic. but it had to happen :) btw templar nice profile picture^^

BTT: what about "The Sexy And The Beast" :D

I am not much of a fan of the scantly clad armor style, but each to their own! I prefer the large amount of gear seen in the first image because it looks awesome in my opinion and fitting for a futuristic setting, whilst the second image has more of a fantasy style.

You could post this in the character creation thread and get a debate going :)

mynsc edit: deleted double quote.

Valdall

Valdall
  • Early Adopter
  • 4 posts
Neutral

well if timetravel is going to be a major aspect in the game i'm thinking:

World of Timecraft