Change
Photo

What do you think Titan's real name will be?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Mirmok

Mirmok
  • Early Adopter
  • 8 posts
  • Location - Greece
Neutral

The news post says that the game will be heavily influenced by Greek, Roman and Viking myths, if this is accurate then "Faith" would be my guess since all of these "religions", if we may call them that, where very depending on faith.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

The news post says that the game will be heavily influenced by Greek, Roman and Viking myths, if this is accurate then "Faith" would be my guess since all of these "religions", if we may call them that, where very depending on faith.

Possibly, faith sounds much more religion based though, and for obvious reasons I don't think Blizzard will make a game inspired heavily by European religions.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Mirmok

Mirmok
  • Early Adopter
  • 8 posts
  • Location - Greece
Neutral

Possibly, faith sounds much more religion based though, and for obvious reasons I don't think Blizzard will make a game inspired heavily by European religions.

Yea maybe it does, though you could connect it to the time travel as well I guess, on the other hand you could connect it to a lot of stuff if you really belive in it.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Yea maybe it does, though you could connect it to the time travel as well I guess, on the other hand you could connect it to a lot of stuff if you really belive in it.

I suppose

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

Either this topic is lame or people have poor imagination xD

a couple i thought of: 

Astral Ages 

The Alternative Story

Essence of Time

Shrine of Time

21.jpg

Velocity

Velocity
  • Early Adopter
  • 24 posts
Revered

So, I think threads like this are kind of silly.  I'm all for speculation, but like... names are pretty floaty.  Consider the name 'Warcraft.'  It has no relation to Orcs or Humans, no relation to the original IP in the fantastical world of Azeroth.  Outside the IP established around the name over the past two decades, many modern games could legitimately be described as Warcraft.  Starcraft is even better because it has nothing to do with zerg, terran, or protoss;  it was just meant to evoke Warcraft in space and be tied to Blizzard.  Or consider 'Hearthstone.'  Outside its subtitle (Heroes of Warcraft) it has almost no relation to anything at all except an item from WoW;  No tie to card games and only a soft link to other IPs.

So feel free to poke around, but you'll have pretty similar luck throwing darts at a dictionary >_>

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

So, I think threads like this are kind of silly.  I'm all for speculation, but like... names are pretty floaty.  Consider the name 'Warcraft.'  It has no relation to Orcs or Humans, no relation to the original IP in the fantastical world of Azeroth.  Outside the IP established around the name over the past two decades, many modern games could legitimately be described as Warcraft.  Starcraft is even better because it has nothing to do with zerg, terran, or protoss;  it was just meant to evoke Warcraft in space and be tied to Blizzard.  Or consider 'Hearthstone.'  Outside its subtitle (Heroes of Warcraft) it has almost no relation to anything at all except an item from WoW;  No tie to card games and only a soft link to other IPs.

So feel free to poke around, but you'll have pretty similar luck throwing darts at a dictionary >_>

yes, it is silly ^^ and in the second sentence of this thread i said "just for fun", but thank you for sharing your opinion, its welcomed :)

*edit, and you do have a point ;D

21.jpg

DrTitan

DrTitan
  • Early Adopter
  • 8 posts
  • Location - Oslo, Norway
Friendly

My money is on something related to time travel of some sort. But then again, that's just because I love the idea of a Blizzard game revolving around this theme. Just the thought of the endless possibilities that comes with it makes me want to time travel to...oh let's say Q2-Q3 2014?!

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

My money is on something related to time travel of some sort. But then again, that's just because I love the idea of a Blizzard game revolving around this theme. Just the thought of the endless possibilities that comes with it makes me want to time travel to...oh let's say Q2-Q3 2014?!

I agree, Blizzard has said that the game will have a broad appeal (Which could mean two things, genre or difficulty aka casual / social) and time travel definitely would make any game diverse, fans of the medieval era could battle there, whilst fans of the future could do the same. It sounds great.

AndyGee

AndyGee
  • Early Adopter
  • 29 posts
Honored

I have from a reliable source the game will be called "JADIS" see spoiler for explanation 

Spoiler

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

I have from a reliable source the game will be called "JADIS" see spoiler for explanation 

Spoiler

Rofl. Although the explanation was just funny I have to say I liked the sound of the word Jadis. It sounded a bit futuristic and had a nice ring to it.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Spoiler

You're a terrible person for trololing jk

Anjloh

Anjloh
  • Early Adopter
  • 24 posts
  • Location - Toronto, ON
Honored

Timecraft

you heard it here first!

Snowy42

Snowy42
  • Early Adopter
  • 2 posts
Neutral

I think something along the lines of 'Tempus'... it's an epic name, short, catchy, easy to remember and easy to spell.  And AFAIK there's no game with this name.

Although, considering the new info that the game will have greek/roman/viking mythological references.  I think that will come into play in the name somewhere.

If they make a name with multiple words, they should make sure they think about people abbreviating the name.  World of Warcraft = WoW.  Practically the whole world knows what you're talking about if you say, "I play WoW".  It's a small thing, but every little thing should be taken into consideration when making a new game.

Horrorshow

Horrorshow
  • Early Adopter
  • 17 posts
  • Location - Stockholm, Sweden
Honored

To go against the stream a bit, i'll say that it will probably be called Titan or something very similar, if we have grown so attached to the name, dont you think the dev team has too? :) also something i thought about yesterday that feels like something blizzard could do is to register the name under a false studio name because the name has been "leaked", to avoid more than necessary speculation.

We saw some "New started game studio working on their first title" claim the name Titan (as posted by Mynsc) but i honestly dont know if and how it would work out legally, or if it's even possible.. but it occured to me.

//Tinfoil hat off

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

To go against the stream a bit, i'll say that it will probably be called Titan or something very similar, if we have grown so attached to the name, dont you think the dev team has too? :) also something i thought about yesterday that feels like something blizzard could do is to register the name under a false studio name because the name has been "leaked", to avoid more than necessary speculation.

We saw some "New started game studio working on their first title" claim the name Titan (as posted by Mynsc) but i honestly dont know if and how it would work out legally, or if it's even possible.. but it occured to me.

//Tinfoil hat off

Nice idea, I too hope that Titan will be the actual name as we've become attached to the name :)

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

OK, sorry but I'm gonna have to be "that" guy. I really doubt that Titan is going to be the real name of our beloved project. The code name Titan is most likely related to the relation the the project and the epicness of the entirety to the game. I agree with Mynsc, that the fact that some other company snagged up the name Titan is the final nail in the coffin to this theory. 

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

OK, sorry but I'm gonna have to be "that" guy. I really doubt that Titan is going to be the real name of our beloved project. The code name Titan is most likely related to the relation the the project and the epicness of the entirety to the game. I agree with Mynsc, that the fact that some other company snagged up the name Titan is the final nail in the coffin to this theory. 

You're probably right, I really wish that the game would be called Titan but I guess Blizzard will come up with an even cooler name for the actual game! I think a lot of people are just attached to the name Titan right now.

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

^ what is the drunk text version of a forum post? Lol sorry about the way this was worded but I stand behind the point :)

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Phixxion

Phixxion
  • Early Adopter
  • 25 posts
  • Location - Europe, Germany, Munich
  • BT - EU: Phixion#1659
Honored

TitCraft made my day :)