Change
Photo

What do you think Titan's real name will be?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

Hello, i couldn't find any post like this, so i decided to make on myself! :D

Just for fun, what do you think would be a good name for this "Titan" game?

From what we've seen so far, Blizzard isn't the most creative when it comes to naming their games (atleast in my opinion), but i hope they change their ways and give "Titan" an epic name that it truly deserve  :)

I believe the name for "Titan" will be a short symbolic name in either Latin or Norse*, considering it is rumored the game will have "heavy use of Greek, Roman and Viking myth's"

*just a note, but Norse later became the basis for Latin (not actually 100% sure on this, so correct me if im wrong)

my first guess would be "Socium Tempus", this is latin for "comrade in time" (sort off, i find latin to be a bit tricky) which would represent the social and time jumping aspects of the game. 

There is also the possibility the name will reflect a specific lore aspect, but i somewhat doubt that because "Titan" is supposed to have a "broad appeal", and some "social" players might not appreciate that sort of name

Now it's your time to throw your names out, doesn't have to be probable, if it sounds cool that is enough :)

Also on a sidenote, what will titanfocus do when the official name is announced? will it keep this name or somehow change? i can imagine some confusion about this either way..

21.jpg

vasive

vasive
  • Early Adopter
  • 21 posts
  • Location - England!
Honored

After pondering possible names for several minutes, I have come to the conclusion that Titan would be by far the most epic name they could call the game :(

Asus P9X79

Asus GTX 670

Intel i7-3820

16GB Black Mamba DDR3 1600 D/K

Corsair Vengeance K60

Razer Deathadder 2013

Steelseries Siberia V2

Wish I had a mac.

Liquim

Liquim
  • Early Adopter
  • 36 posts
  • Location - EU
Friendly

Remember when we used to call it Titan? Those memories.

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

Although I think Latin is one of the most magnificent languages, I highly doubt it will be a heavily Latin based name, especially one like "Socium Tempus". I say this only because majority of earths population has down syndrome and/or is mentally challenged (this is me making a joke, although I do think most people are uneducated). Blizzard will go for a name with mass appeal, one that your neighbors 12 year old kid could spell and show all his friends (even though Latin has straightforward spelling, in my opinion).

Now, do I think "Socium Tempus" is an awesome name for an MMO? Hell yeah, but Blizzard won't go for it. Expect something short, catchy, and easy to remember.

Oh, and great thread! Can't wait to see some peoples ideas.

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

Although I think Latin is one of the most magnificent languages, I highly doubt it will be a heavily Latin based name, especially one like "Socium Tempus". I say this only because majority of earths population has down syndrome and/or is mentally challenged (this is me making a joke, although I do think most people are uneducated). Blizzard will go for a name with mass appeal, one that your neighbors 12 year old kid could spell and show all his friends (even though Latin has straightforward spelling, in my opinion).

Now, do I think "Socium Tempus" is an awesome name for an MMO? Hell yeah, but Blizzard won't go for it. Expect something short, catchy, and easy to remember.

Oh, and great thread! Can't wait to see some peoples ideas.

yeah now that you mentioned it i suppose... but you can always hope! ;D

21.jpg

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

World of TitanCraft XD

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

TitanCraft is also too complex for the Blizzard audience. They'll probably go with something a bit shorter like, for example, TitCraft.  :ice:

*proceeds to ban himself*

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

TitanCraft is also too complex for the Blizzard audience. They'll probably go with something a bit shorter like, for example, TitCraft.  :ice:

Why didn't I think of of that?!

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

I don't know why - but in my head I can only imagine one-word names. Something like....oh yeah, "Titan". :smoke:

Sig

Sig
  • Early Adopter
  • 133 posts
Exalted.bronze

Reqrieum.

I don't judge people on there age, gender, Weight, Height, looks, personality, religious or political views.

I judge people on there stupidity.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
As people already mentioned at this point titan is the most epic name -_- it probably won't have craft in it, Starcraft is called craft because it was literally warcraft in space in its original iteration (it got blasted by press and was rebuilt completely). So I wonder if there a big bad guy in the game like diablo maybe it will be named after that, or if time travelling is the central mechanic whatever the device or technology is used for it may be the name.

Mynsc I am watching you :mellow:

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

Reqrieum.

i cannot even spell that. 

WickedWitchy

WickedWitchy
  • Early Adopter
  • 312 posts
  • Location - Netherlands
  • BT - WickedMir#1287
Exalted.platinum

It will probably be short and sweet. 

Socium Tempus might be too weird or long but Tempus would be ok. 

~* Supporter of the Predictable Chaos Patch 1.0 *~

"Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Posted Image

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

I dig Titan.

Failing that... Euphology?

And, in the unlikely event of that one not being the name:

I suspect it'll be - revealed soon tm

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I dig Titan.

Failing that... Euphology?

And, in the unlikely event of that one not being the name:

I suspect it'll be - revealed soon tm

How mysterious :D

Stompalomp

Stompalomp
  • Early Adopter
  • 102 posts
  • Location - UK
Exalted

Expect something short, catchy, and easy to remember.

Like errm, "Titan" then? :) 

I'm not sure what that smiley is licking, but I hope it has nothing to do with TitCraft?  :laughing:

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Like errm, "Titan" then? :)

That would be awesome! It would save me from having to rename every little corner of the website after we find out the real name. -_-

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

Reqrieum.

http://www.playrequi...om/agegate.aspx

there's already a game called that :/

I also think Titan would be a good name, and grown used to calling it that :p, but i hardly believe that will be the case

21.jpg

REDFlELD

REDFlELD
  • Early Adopter
  • 3 posts
  • Location - Malaya
  • BT - REDFlELD#6945
Neutral

I heard from Blizz developer, another name for the game... it's called "Blizzard All-stars" sounded so lame IMO. Hopefully it's not the real/official name.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I heard from Blizz developer, another name for the game... it's called "Blizzard All-stars" sounded so lame IMO. Hopefully it's not the real/official name.

Blizzard All Stars is a completely different game... it is a MOBA which was originally developed as a mod for SC2 that grew into a standalone game. BAS has no connection to Titan.