Change
Photo

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft [MT] Now on iPad!

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

POPULAR

Hearthlogo.png

Hearthstone is an upcoming free-to-play digital strategy CCG. It was announced March 22, 2013. While set in the Warcraft universe, players assume the role of a hero from Warcraft's storied history and amase a card deck to defeat other players. Hearthstone employs a different type of development team than is normally used by Blizzard. Team 5 (as they have been dubbed) is only made up of 15 developers that are "scrappy and versatile", will experiment more, and have faster development cycles. The game will also differ from other Blizzard Projects as it is their first official game to be playable on a tablet. The game is currently in beta and appears to be met very positively.

images (1).jpg THE GAMEPLAY  images (1).jpg

110.png  635.png  618.png  320.png  621.png  484.png  319.png  257.png  2.png

THE BETA

The beta is set to launch sometime in the summer of 2013. It is scheduled to launch in the U.S. and Blizzard hopes to launch a beta test in other region after the initial launch, but nothing specific is yet available. Players in the beta will have the ability to buy cards for real money. The purchased cards will not be transferred to the full version of the game, however the amount spent in beta will be applied to new card packs and made available to the player once the game is released. Also those who do purchase cards will receive a special gift. You can sign up for the beta here.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

This was one of my questions about the game that got answered by blues and I thought I'd share. 

Q: So I am wondering, will games be shorter or longer on average, can players squeeze a game or two on launch / cofee break or you need to dedicate bit more time to play a game?

A: Yeah it's about 10-15 minutes. Depending on the classes and card pulls the game lengths can vary quite a bit. It's a good amount of time, even when I lose I'm not as angry because it's not that double-whammy of "I lost AND spent an hour doing it." :) Plus I feel like the mechanics of the game and the matchmaking make it feel satisfying. Pretty rare I feel like I was just utterly decimated, and even then the game is just fun to look at and listen to... (!)

Source:

http://blue.mmo-cham...-aim-for/#post8

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare
Awesome Papa! Adding it to the OP.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Great post mate, have a like!

I am especially excited about an eSports scene surrounding this game, I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh semi competitively and I plan to play full pro (hopefully) in Hearthstone :D We'll see!

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Sig

Sig
  • Early Adopter
  • 133 posts
Exalted.bronze

looking forward to this.

I don't judge people on there age, gender, Weight, Height, looks, personality, religious or political views.

I judge people on there stupidity.

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

same here :D signed up for the beta, thinking of taking the warlock, looks really cool :) http://us.battle.net...opic/8415142041 i think this is the only footage out so far

21.jpg

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

same here :D signed up for the beta, thinking of taking the warlock, looks really cool :) http://us.battle.net...opic/8415142041 i think this is the only footage out so far

There is a shoutcasted version of that match on YouTube btw.

I will be a rogue because rogues do it from behind. You're amazing if you get that reference :D

Adiowa

Adiowa
  • Early Adopter
  • 75 posts
  • Location - Sweden
  • BT - Adiowa#2200
Revered

haha ofc ;D hard not to :)

21.jpg

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal
Play mode: Duel other players to increase your medal ranking—which indicates your skill level and the level of opponents you’ll face (resets weekly)—and earn new card packs along the way.

The above from the QA confuses me. Is it my ranking that resets weekly? But I guess my MMR remains? Weekly reset either way sounds a bit too frequent.

What do you guys think?

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Play mode: Duel other players to increase your medal ranking—which indicates your skill level and the level of opponents you’ll face (resets weekly)—and earn new card packs along the way.

The above from the QA confuses me. Is it my ranking that resets weekly? But I guess my MMR remains? Weekly reset either way sounds a bit too frequent.

What do you guys think?

I think it'll work similar to SC2, the more and better you play you will advance through the rankings / leagues, there are several leagues for different skill levels. It resets at the end of each season possibly or week, whatever. Then you have to play placement matches to keep your rank.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Just so you guys know, a new fireside duels video has just been uploaded to YouTube, the match is mage v shaman and is even shout catsed (by someone called Ben Brodes, unsure who that is)

Here it is, enjoy

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Looks like I'll play a shaman in HS too!

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Looks like I'll play a shaman in HS too!

Rogues FTW :D

Nempiri

Nempiri
  • Early Adopter
  • 199 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - TheKoom#2897
Exalted

There was an interview, where the blizzard dude, said that Heartstone was written with a small "s", despity the logo depicting a bit different. Thought we should change the title of the MT and the forums accordingly?

Consider Supporting Titan Focus!

What to play while waiting for:
World of Warcraft: Legion

Unreal Tournament 4
more info about #project_bluestreak

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

There was an interview, where the blizzard dude, said that Heartstone was written with a small "s", despity the logo depicting a bit different. Thought we should change the title of the MT and the forums accordingly?

I agree, it seems that in all official videos it is spelt with a small s, not a capital.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Just a heads up, the Hearthstone blog has been founded and the first post has been made!

http://us.battle.net...power-4-23-2013

Enjoy!

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

Templar you are slipping  :rant:

I love how they are putting in WoW community references into this.

Spoiler

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

Really enjoying these hearthstone matches.. Keep them coming!

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Templar you are slipping :rant:

Didn't have time to share :(

I love how they are putting in WoW community references into this.

Spoiler

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare
Yeah Kormak, your slipping hard bro! Keep it up and I may lose my [MT] for this thread! ... I'm gonna have to get the working whip out, aren't I?