• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

It feels so weird posting in the Titan section of the forum, what am I doing with my life? 

Anyway :) Unless Blizzard is somehow making something other than Titan let's just admit already that the Unannounced Game Title in the job section is actually Titan or whatever Titan is called these days. There have been a lot of different job postings over the months, filling the positions pretty quickly I might add. 

Actually on that note, they have been recruiting A LOT and posting many jobs ever since the split with Vivendi, which gives some credence to rumours that Vivendi had pretty tight grip on the company and didn't let them recruit as many people as they would have liked, no other explanation for WoW almost doubling their development team.

Back on topic, the latest one I saw appear today is pretty interesting.

3D Weapons Artist

UNANNOUNCED GAME TITLE

Do you laugh manically as you lay waste to your opponents with the most badass weapon you can find? Is your portfolio really an armory full of swords, firearms, and other weapons of destruction? Do you have a love of the mechanical and an insatiable need to figure out how everything under the hood fits together? Is there a framed picture of the BFG on your mantle instead of pictures of your family?  If so, Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of the most epic games in the world, is seeking a 3D Artist specializing in weapons to help develop Blizzard’s next hit game!

Work alongside a team of the best artists, engineers, and designers on the planet and enjoy the support of a company whose culture is centered on collaborative game development. We are gamers at heart at Blizzard – across all levels - and it shows in our craft.

The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing weapon, and equipment assets in a stylized universe. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The 3D weapons artist should also have experience working with a diverse range of equipment, vehicles, and mechanical characters.

What do we have here, well first of all apart from the mention of swords, which can fit into any genre anyway, the description is very heavy on guns. Looking back at other different job postings I don't remember Blizzard being so specific about what they want. Secondly, stylized universe (SHOCKING). Thirdly, experience working with a diverse range of equipment, vehicles, and mechanical characters, I feel like we are getting somewhere here :p Draw your own conclusions from this. 

I mean in my head I am pretty convinced that the game (Titan(?)) is sci-fi at this point. The only question I have is if some of the leaks/rumours about it being not entirely a new IP are true. Warcraft 40k or Blackthorne lol?

I'm still hoping for a SC spin-off of some sort. 

Come on Blizzard, you can do it!!!

With that much focus on guns, it has to be action based *please say it is so, no tab targeting*.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
Papaz, stahp. It's not Starcraft.
The lack of replies tells me that no-one cares about Titan anymore. R.I.P.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Well, they can at least get inspired by SC and I'll be fine with that :)

As long as there are pew-pew lazers (sniper class please), futuristic goggles, green monsters to kill, some good open world PvP it'll all be good.

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

It's not that we don't care, we just don't rush to read every post now-a-days. Been hanging out with fam, working on school, and googling Fallout 4 every 5 minutes. But I get around to your posts slayer. In time :)

Firstly, this is not SC. At least I don't want it to be. Secondly, if they are hiring a weapons designer, then they must be further along in the development process than we assumed. You don't start building weapons until you have creatures to wield them. You don't build creatures until they have an environment to live in. This position is pretty specific for a game that got "reset" 6 months ago, so I am guessing much of what was Titan could have been salvaged. But that is just a guess.    

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Venald

Venald
  • Early Adopter
  • 13 posts
Neutral

What if they just fucked up the weapons and had to redesing the weapon system? Maybe they felt they were out of place?

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

Im still of the opinion that it was just a Back End Tech issue.

If thats the case then i dont see any reason why they would discontinue creating content if the content side wasnt the cause of the problem.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

New job appeared today.

Lead Producer

UNANNOUNCED GAME TITLE

Blizzard’s newest game team is looking for someone to join its ranks as lead producer. With Hearthstone, Blizzard has revived its tradition of creating small and nimble game teams and we are following in those footsteps.  As part of our team, you will join in the leadership of a small but mighty band of developers and exert your talents to help craft our processes, organization, goals and execution.

We can’t tell you exactly what the game is yet, but trust us, it’s awesome.

Ideally, you have passion for and experience in wrangling both small scrappy teams and large multi-discipline juggernauts. You enjoy getting your hands dirty in day-to-day game production as well as thinking strategically in solving high level challenges. Maybe you even enjoy personally jumping into databases or modeling packages from time to time. You speak the languages of art, engineering, game design and business – some fluently, the others enough to be dangerous effective. In short, you understand the science and appreciate the art of making amazing games, and have made it all come together in the shipping of world-class products.

Already looking for lead producer? The whole job posting is an interesting read especially the whole first paragraph, I am telling you guys again, HS is changing Blizzard.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Actually, damn. This probably means this is not Titan at all. Blizzard has another Hearthstone sized game we have no idea about. 

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Well this is confusing.

So Titan has either been morphed into an anything but a titanic project, or they are only internally recruiting for it at this point. Or maybe that section includes all of Blizzard's unannounced games? It's not like separating the secret projects into different categories would make a difference for any outside people.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Pretty much. If this is not Titan like we thought it means Blizzard has 2 more unannounced games in development, taking into account the product development job posting a few months back. If this is the case they have 8 games in development and 7 teams (well if you count SCII and Heroes together). What. No, really. What. 

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Always keep hoping for a WC4. But I guess that day is far off.

Venald

Venald
  • Early Adopter
  • 13 posts
Neutral

I wonder what genre is the new game because they said at one interview that they want to make something smaller again (i.e Heartstone).

If you think about WoW they made it off DnD and Heartsone off MTG. There aren't that many genres left they can make. Driving game? No. FPS? No. Sport game? Probably not. And They already have  Starcraft as RTS and moba coming soon. So there isn't much options left. Maybe TD but i don't think they can last as own game. So what genre could it be? I can't really think any small game genres that they could do.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

I can see Blizzard making a turn based strategy game. They have the right competence for it and it's something that can be played on all platforms.

I would love a turn based strategy game, one of my favourite ones is Heroes of might and magic. 

Other than that looking at what's popular at the SC2 arcade is one way of seeing what kind of minigames Blizzard might develop.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
Well, I guess it's definitely not Titan. Someone named Michael Booth is the director for this game.

I can't find anything at all about him, weird for someone like that to be a game director at Blizzard. Someone dig :(

http://en.wikipedia....le_Rock_Studios founder of this?

Yeah I checked twitter pic, it's him.

I feel filthy and like a stalker now :(

Oh how interesting this is. Also if the post looks weird its because forum merges recent posts this one is about 6 different posts hehe. Look at the games they developed. Could this be a shooter?
So unless I am misreading he is directly responsible for creation of left 4 dead? Yeah he is, some of his tweets even talks about what inspired him to make it.
Papaz what if its ghost :p (I am only being half sarcastic here)

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
He removed game director at Blizzard from his twitter profile in the last 20 minutes lol. Too late, why would this be a secret anyway? When you tweet my team is looking for a producer it already kinda implies that you are a director. Oh well, Blizzard works in mysterious ways.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

He removed game director at Blizzard from his twitter profile in the last 20 minutes lol. Too late, why would this be a secret anyway? When you tweet my team is looking for a producer it already kinda implies that you are a director. Oh well, Blizzard works in mysterious ways.

Funny his twitter pic says Game Director at Blizzard and his picture is the characters from the original Left4Dead :)

I hope he was hired to make a good single player/ co-op game like Left4Dead is.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Yeah for some weird reason its only not showing up on my twitter app on ipad but is there on pc. 

Oh well :p

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

More Unannounced Game Title News from yesterday.  This time it's for Lead 3D Character Artist.  In case you needed some more signs that this wasn't Titan, here's another - http://us.blizzard.c...html?id=13000DI

It looks like we will need to start up another new game sub-forum in the Blizzard section!

Some key points from this advert:

• "seeking a lead character artist to develop Blizzard's next hit game!"
  • "experience modeling... in a stylized universe."
  • "Develop, maintain, and evolve the character pipeline."
  • "Mentor team on skills and process; provide career growth guidance to team."
  • "Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level"

This all seems to say that this is another game to follow in true Blizzard form and style, and also that it is indeed in an early state and they're looking to create a young team that can grow with the project.

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

There have been interesting updates to the job listings for Lead 3D Character Artist and Concept Artist for Blizz's Unannounced Game Title.

Here's a snippit from Lead 3D -

As lead character artist for Blizzard’s next amazing game, you will lead the team that brings future legends to life.

Your unique skills as lead character artist allow you to be an unstoppable combination of visionary artist, gamer, and leader. As an artist, you’ll collaborate closely with the art director to define the vision for both the characters and organic modeling. As a gamer, you’ll be inducted into a cabal of designers, engineers, and artists whose singular goal is to create truly epic hero moments in gaming. Lastly, you’ll draw on your veteran experience to guide a team of the most talented artists in the industry in creating a legion of characters to inhabit this new and exciting world.

If the opportunity to help create Blizzard’s next iconic gaming experience is a challenge you’ve been waiting for, we definitely want to talk!

This wording really piques my curiousity, especially the bolded parts.

And for the Concept Artist -

You’ll work closely with level designers and environment artists to imagine new lands into existence; just as your knowledge of anatomy and expression will be pushed to new heights designing the heroes, villains, and the creatures between to inhabit this all-new world.

Responsibilities

• Create character concepts including character sheets, movement studies, and detailed breakouts for equipment and weapons.

I love to read too much into these job postings and imagine the possibities, but what do you guys think this all means?!  Could this still be the newly revamped Titan, or some other new game?

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 315 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum

"All-new world" "a legion of characters" "Blizzard's next iconic gaming experience" "new lands"

My first impression is that whatever it is, it's big. Sounds like some kind of MMORPG/FPS to me. 

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."