74 replies to this topic

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Three of the six jobs ads have been taken down from Blizzard's Jobs Directory. Only three remain and they're all for software engineer spots.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare
Well the good news is there are still jobs for the creation of Titan.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

There are now no Project Titan (the section was called "Next-Gen MMO") openings on Blizzard's Jobs Directory.

Sad, but not totally unexpected. They're obviously not hiring for it anymore, until they restart production, and the old jobs were going to get filled or closed at some point.

As a side note, as I've recently mentioned, a new section appeared on the page vaguely titled "Product Development" and hinting at a new project starting inside Blizzard. It could be Titan's new direction, although this is highly unlikely.

Thanks Slayer for the heads-up.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

There are now no Project Titan (the section was called "Next-Gen MMO") openings on Blizzard's Jobs Directory.

Sad, but not totally unexpected. They're obviously not hiring for it anymore, until they restart production, and the old jobs were going to get filled or closed at some point.

As a side note, as I've recently mentioned, a new section appeared on the page vaguely titled "Product Development" and hinting at a new project starting inside Blizzard. It could be Titan's new direction, although this is highly unlikely.

Thanks Slayer for the heads-up.

Or the jobs are filled?!

I looked at the job listings yesterday and there were 3 jobs there then.

1. Software Engineer - Engine

2. Software Engineer - Graphics. This one had an exclamation mark indicating a particularly critical position.

3. Web something...

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Or the jobs are filled?!

Yeah, that's kinda what I said as well.  ^_^

P.S. These are the 3 jobs that were left:

http://titanfocus.in...jobs/#entry5906

http://titanfocus.in...jobs/#entry6020

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare
Man... Remember how pumped we were at the beginning of 2013, "The year of Titan!"? Now it seems like disheartening blow after blow. I hope the jobs simply got filled but its hard not to feel a little down.

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

Trion once again has laid off many people from the sounds of it - maybe Blizz can snag up a few for their Titan team!?

Orhai

Orhai
  • Early Adopter
  • 159 posts
Honored

Trion once again has laid off many people from the sounds of it - maybe Blizz can snag up a few for their Titan team!?

maybe thats exactly what happened

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Man... Remember how pumped we were at the beginning of 2013, "The year of Titan!"? Now it seems like disheartening blow after blow. I hope the jobs simply got filled but its hard not to feel a little down.

Agree. We are in for a looooooooooooooong wait. 

I wonder how long they can reuse all the art assets that was created before they feel outdated. 

I don't know where the 2016 year came from but 3 years from know seems so far away.

Just thinking back at 2010 feels ages ago.

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare

I don't know where the 2016 year came from but 3 years from know seems so far away.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I never bought into that 2016 release date. Two main reasons:

1) They have stated and RE-stated that they have not announced a release schedule for Titan.

2) Even if the 2016 leak that came with the original reset leak is what their current goal is for Titan internally, their original date was.... 2013 according to the leaked project slate. It's Blizzard folks and they never hit their deadlines.

Anyway getting OT. Sorry.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I never bought into that 2016 release date. Two main reasons:

1) They have stated and RE-stated that they have not announced a release schedule for Titan.

2) Even if the 2016 leak that came with the original reset leak is what their current goal is for Titan internally, their original date was.... 2013 according to the leaked project slate. It's Blizzard folks and they never hit their deadlines.

Anyway getting OT. Sorry.

Agreed. I don't believe for a second that they will release Titan by 2016. 

They reset the project after so many years. That decision alone for such a big project must have been a huge one. Resetting the next-gen mmo just before all next-gen stuff coming from left and right together with next-gen consoles can't be a small decision.

And then they will somehow "redo" whatever they need to redo within a year or so, get all the team members back and the project back on track say in 2 years and then all the marketing + hype + Blizzcon/events + beta + release so that everything is all set 3 years from now?

Plus what you said (Blizzard never meets deadlines)  = No way release in 2016.

I'm being pessimistic and at the same time trying to bait out all the positive people here on TF to say something that will make all of the bad news go away. 

:(

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I wonder how long they can reuse all the art assets that was created before they feel outdated. 

Just thinking back at 2010 feels ages ago.

I know what you mean mate :( it's really depressing

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

It took about 9 years for the US to go from basically 0 to sending men to the Moon on a regular basis. Looks like it will take Blizzard about the same time to launch a game. ^_^ Yeah, Blizzard does not have the resources and manpower of NASA back in the days, but making a game ain't rocket science either! 

/rant

I'm still hopeful for a 2016 release date though, but I really don't have any arguments to contradict you guys. :D Just that it would be too much, even for Blizzard. If they have to go beyond 2016, then I'm not sure if the Titan they started will have anything to do with the Titan they'll finish.

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare

I as just thinking about this. If they abandoned the code name Titan, it could be the worse decision Blizzard has ever made   :no

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I as just thinking about this. If they abandoned the code name Titan, it could be the worse decision Blizzard has ever made   :no

I hope they don't do this :( I'm gonna worry about this for ages lol :(

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

Blizzard is always late to the party. Perhaps they saw what was coming with what everyone else was doing and thought what they had wasnt up to the task or their standards to be competitive enough or even worthy to be called a Blizzard game. So once again they will toil away exploring every possible variation in game mechanics and bring something to the table sometime down the road that will blow everyone out of the water.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

sayaf

sayaf
  • Early Adopter
  • 19 posts
Friendly

Agreed. I don't believe for a second that they will release Titan by 2016. 

They reset the project after so many years. That decision alone for such a big project must have been a huge one. Resetting the next-gen mmo just before all next-gen stuff coming from left and right together with next-gen consoles can't be a small decision.

And then they will somehow "redo" whatever they need to redo within a year or so, get all the team members back and the project back on track say in 2 years and then all the marketing + hype + Blizzcon/events + beta + release so that everything is all set 3 years from now?

Plus what you said (Blizzard never meets deadlines)  = No way release in 2016.

I'm being pessimistic and at the same time trying to bait out all the positive people here on TF to say something that will make all of the bad news go away. 

:(

I second that. I don't see them releasing it in 2016 for the same exact reasons. Honestly right now, all i care about is having those leaks and rumors to start showing up again. Sad I know : /.  I have a feeling that it's gonna be a long drought before we're gonna hear any "new" details about the game. 

Falloubst

Falloubst
  • Early Adopter
  • 78 posts
  • Location - Germany
Exalted

"Blizzard Entertainment has removed all mention of the company's next-generation massively multiplayer online game, Titan, from its careers page."

Read the full story on gamespot.com!

What do you guys think? Is it because Blizzards wants to completely re-arrange the team that's working on Titan? Are there already enough people working on the project? Or has Blizzard even cancelled their next-gen MMO?

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

front page:

it is unlikely to be a subscription based MMORPG

it is unlikely to be a subscription based 

it is unlikely to be 

but let's hope not :D

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

It feels so weird posting in the Titan section of the forum, what am I doing with my life? 

Anyway :) Unless Blizzard is somehow making something other than Titan let's just admit already that the Unannounced Game Title in the job section is actually Titan or whatever Titan is called these days. There have been a lot of different job postings over the months, filling the positions pretty quickly I might add. 

Actually on that note, they have been recruiting A LOT and posting many jobs ever since the split with Vivendi, which gives some credence to rumours that Vivendi had pretty tight grip on the company and didn't let them recruit as many people as they would have liked, no other explanation for WoW almost doubling their development team.

Back on topic, the latest one I saw appear today is pretty interesting.

3D Weapons Artist

UNANNOUNCED GAME TITLE

Do you laugh manically as you lay waste to your opponents with the most badass weapon you can find? Is your portfolio really an armory full of swords, firearms, and other weapons of destruction? Do you have a love of the mechanical and an insatiable need to figure out how everything under the hood fits together? Is there a framed picture of the BFG on your mantle instead of pictures of your family?  If so, Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of the most epic games in the world, is seeking a 3D Artist specializing in weapons to help develop Blizzard’s next hit game!

Work alongside a team of the best artists, engineers, and designers on the planet and enjoy the support of a company whose culture is centered on collaborative game development. We are gamers at heart at Blizzard – across all levels - and it shows in our craft.

The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing weapon, and equipment assets in a stylized universe. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The 3D weapons artist should also have experience working with a diverse range of equipment, vehicles, and mechanical characters.

What do we have here, well first of all apart from the mention of swords, which can fit into any genre anyway, the description is very heavy on guns. Looking back at other different job postings I don't remember Blizzard being so specific about what they want. Secondly, stylized universe (SHOCKING). Thirdly, experience working with a diverse range of equipment, vehicles, and mechanical characters, I feel like we are getting somewhere here :p Draw your own conclusions from this. 

I mean in my head I am pretty convinced that the game (Titan(?)) is sci-fi at this point. The only question I have is if some of the leaks/rumours about it being not entirely a new IP are true. Warcraft 40k or Blackthorne lol?