74 replies to this topic

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

This should have been done earlier, but better late than never I guess!

Main sources for this:

Blizzard Job Directory  ||  Gamasutra Jobs  ||  Blizzard LinkedIn Profile  || Val Maun Recruiter on Bullhorn Reach

Blizzard recruiters - Twitter accounts:

@Blizz_kathyz   ||   @vmaun   ||   @mike_nassar   ||   @gopherstick   ||   @hardflanny   ||   @scampactual   ||   @BlizzardCareers

Blizzard Job Directory

- Next-Gen MMO section

Senior Technical Artist

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an individual to serve as senior technical artist for a team focused on next-generation massively multiplayer online (MMO) games. The ideal candidate has a broad range of technical art experience coupled with leadership capabilities. The senior technical artist must possess expert level knowledge on subjects such as Maya tool development, character rigging, pipeline design, or special FX. ...

Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced gameplay programmer to join our crusade in developing top-quality games. The ideal candidate has proven experience in at least one of the following areas: combat, multiplayer, user interface, or other game systems in addition to outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing games of multiple genres and platforms. They should be excited at the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.

Senior Software Engineer, Engine / Graphics

Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced engine programmer to focus on core engine development for our next generation MMO. This position primarily involves working with designers, game programmers, and fellow engine programmers to develop, and refine key engine systems that contribute to the creation of Blizzard Entertainment's next industry-changing game experience.

Graphic Designer/Graphic Artist

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled graphic designer / artist for its Next-Gen MMO game. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding aesthetic for design, illustration skills, and a thorough understanding of layout, typography, branding campaigns, advertising, and logo design. 

Game Producer / Senior Game Producer

Blizzard Entertainment’s next-gen MMO team is looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communication and project management skills. The ideal candidate has prior experience in game development and has a keen knowledge of how each discipline operates and interacts.

Senior Software Engineer, Server

Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly skilled senior software engineer to join the Next Gen MMO server team. The ideal applicant is someone who enjoys playing MMOs and hungers to understand the workings and infrastructure of a massive online gaming environment.  The position will focus on network communication, player interaction across server boundaries, security countermeasures, maintenance, and implementation of new server features.  The individual must also enjoy diagnosing tough problems and keeping the server code maintainable and optimized.

- CINEMATICS section

Senior 3D Artist, In-Game

Blizzard Entertainment’s in-game cinematics team creates the cutting-edge real-time animated feature films for all of our intellectual properties -- including our next-gen MMO -- and we’re looking for an exceptionally skilled senior 3D artist to join us.

Gamasutra Jobs (that are different from those posted above)

Franchise Development Producer (this is an old one from their job directory, but aparently still active, as it was posted this month here)

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communications skills, proven experience in production, and a track record of shipping AAA products to help lead the efforts on its next-gen MMO.

Be the key liaison between the development team and other functional teams within Blizzard Entertainment (e.g. creative development, licensing, marketing, legal) to create brand-extending merchandise for the next-gen MMO franchise, including:
Books / Novels
Action figures
Comics
Short movies
Apparel

Work with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment's next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience.

Blizzard LinkedIn Profile

Senior Software Engineer, Engine / Graphics

Same as above basically, except it got this introduction on their LinkedIn page:

Blizzard Entertainment is hiring for our Next Gen MMO, ?????, which will be a ground-breaking gaming experience. Given the massive ????? and scope of the ????? inside the ????? you can see why our Next Gen team is looking for a Graphics / Engine Senior Software Engineer of unprecedented awesomeness. You already know too much! But if you want to learn more apply via the link below:

Such trolls. :)

This post will not be edited significantly, just so the info remains here even after the jobs are not active anymore. For updates, check the rest of the thread (I'll probably post links to them here).

I usually check these pages quite often, but if you have time and you want to help please also keep an eye on them for new postings.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

Such trolls. :)

"Blizzard Entertainment is hiring for our Next Gen MMO, ?????, which will be a ground-breaking gaming experience. Given the massive ????? and scope of the ????? inside the ????? you can see why our Next Gen team is looking for a Graphics / Engine Senior Software Engineer of unprecedented awesomeness. You already know too much! But if you want to learn more apply via the link below:"

I don't think they're trolling us. We have to take what they give us. C'mon. If you are hungry, you'd take pretty much everything to eat, no matter how qualitative it is.

"You already know too much" means that we must have something accurate in our predictions (or rumor section).

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

"Blizzard Entertainment is hiring for our Next Gen MMO, ?????, which will be a ground-breaking gaming experience. Given the massive ????? and scope of the ????? inside the ????? you can see why our Next Gen team is looking for a Graphics / Engine Senior Software Engineer of unprecedented awesomeness. You already know too much! But if you want to learn more apply via the link below:"

I don't think they're trolling us. We have to take what they give us. C'mon. If you are hungry, you'd take pretty much everything to eat, no matter how qualitative it is.

"You already know too much" means that we must have something accurate in our predictions (or rumor section).

As much as I like believing things, this is a definite troll. If they've been this serious about secrecy, they won't drop around clues - they don't want to give us any clues. Let's not be silly here.

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

yeah you're so right, sir. don't take the food. rather die of starvation.  

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

It definitely sounds like a joke to me and I think who wrote it had this epic troll video from the Onion Network in mind:

I'd really like to, but I can't take it seriously silverslide and I think we're definitely not supposed to. We'd just be confusing ourselves even more. I mean, it's not like we could deduce anything from it anyway. :p

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

Take everything you can get, and then make a list of all rumors and statements and see if there are some connections. Nothing's superfluous. Not even the obvious troll postings. While you would die of starvation I'd survive eating every breadcrumb I can get.

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

Take everything you can get, and then make a list of all rumors and statements and see if there are some connections. 

Take everything you can get, without sounding like a crackpot! D: We don't want to start thinking every single word out of Blizzard is actually a carefully layered message; we're not deluded here... only a little crazy.

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

Of course,... and the earth is a flat disc. Can you change my name to crackpot mynsc? Would be nice. 

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

Of course,... and the earth is a flat disc. Can you change my name to crackpot mynsc? Would be nice. 

Hey, babycakes... no need for hostility or immaturity, we're all friends in this community here. :) If you want to discuss this on PM maybe it's a better route of communication, we're veering this topic right off the rails here.

Token on-topic message:

I like the idea of keeping a log of the job descriptions, can't wait to see the Cinematics one get taken! :)

AndyGee

AndyGee
  • Early Adopter
  • 29 posts
Honored

Atleast we could fill in the missing words for the lulz? something like this perhaps?

Blizzard Entertainment is hiring for our Next Gen MMO, titan, which will be a ground-breaking gaming experience. Given the massive population and scope of the features inside the world you can see why our Next Gen team is looking for a Graphics / Engine Senior Software Engineer of unprecedented awesomeness. You already know too much! But if you want to learn more apply via the link below.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Three new jobs for Titan added in Blizzard's Jobs Directory!

Level Designer

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a level designer with experience building spaces in a massively multiplayer online game. The ideal candidate has industry experience creating fun and interesting environments on a shipping game. The designer must have the ability to create exciting, replayable gameplay experiences within their levels.

FX Artist

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled FX artist to work on a team developing a next-generation massively multiplayer online game. The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with 3D packages, in-game FX systems to create a wide range of FX (fire, smoke, explosions, etc.) as well as a general understanding of good game play communication.  A solid grasp of the principles of movement, anticipation, dynamics, follow-through, squash and stretch, lighting and other facets of animation is essential. The FX artist must have skill in creating textures and geometry needed for stylized FX. The FX artist should be well-versed in FX related tools -- Photoshop, After Effects, Maya, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Environment Visual Designer

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented environment visual designer for a team focused on next-generation massively multiplayer online games.  The environment visual designer is responsible for assembling gameplay spaces into dynamic, visually interesting set pieces.  With respect to the integrity of the gameplay, this role may be tasked with populating spaces with relevant assets, integrating lighting passes, and contributing to the overall mood and atmosphere of the world.

The ideal candidate has experience composing and lighting gameplay environments with an eye towards a range of visual styles. A solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The environment visual designer should have experience in other visual development areas as well – level design, modeling, texturing, and / or concept drawing -- and be well-versed in related tools –Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate works well in a collaborative environment, and can constructively respond to direction from multiple sources – art style, level design, and gameplay design.

VladimirStukov

VladimirStukov
  • Early Adopter
  • 15 posts
Honored
Those last two jobs are very interesting.

Liquim

Liquim
  • Early Adopter
  • 36 posts
  • Location - EU
Friendly

Space stuff all over the place.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Those last two jobs are very interesting.

They do, the FX artist makes me think of destructible environments :D

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
After a period of nothingness, Blizzard seems to have stepped on the recruitment pedal. Two new jobs were added today.

Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced gameplay programmer to join our crusade in developing top-quality games. The ideal candidate has proven experience in at least one of the following areas: combat, multiplayer, user interface, or other game systems in addition to outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing games of multiple genres and platforms. They should be excited at the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.

Nothing new here, the description is identical to an already existing job ad.

Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly skilled senior software engineer to join the Next Gen MMO server team. The ideal applicant is someone who enjoys playing MMOs and hungers to understand the workings and infrastructure of a massive online gaming environment.  The position will focus on network communication, player interaction across server boundaries, security countermeasures, maintenance, and implementation of new server features.  The individual must also enjoy diagnosing tough problems and keeping the server code maintainable and optimized.

P.S. D3, WoW and SC2 + BAllS all received 3 new jobs today. Hiring spree!

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

After a period of nothingness, Blizzard seems to have stepped on the recruitment pedal. Two new jobs were added today.

Nothing new here, the description is identical to an already existing job ad.

P.S. D3, WoW and SC2 + BAllS all received 3 new jobs today. Hiring spree!

:D this is all very exciting :)

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Software Engineer, Web

Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to help build the next generation of web integrated features for our new MMO. This position requires strong communication skills and the ability to iterate as a key member of the game team on both internal and external facing features. We’re looking for someone who is forward looking and passionate about both games and web technology.

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

Web browser in game?! Maybe I'll even see my in-game twitch tv idea come to life.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Web browser in game?! Maybe I'll even see my in-game twitch tv idea come to life.

Possibly, maybe this is the integration of social features such as Twitter, Facebook and Twitch, how exciting!

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
Probably stuff like armoury, leader boards etc. Ghostcrawler also hinted at guild websites at one point, I wouldn't hold my breath though.