• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

If you see a guildless, titleless, clotheless naked char called minsc messing around, hey, that's me! Yeah, been playing it like a single-player so far.

I guess I have to buy this now :ermm:

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Careful though: http://www.reddit.co...hy_your_market/

Not exactly sure what this guy means (since I come from a country where ISPs aren't complete jerks, yet), but it may affect you?

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Not using Vodafone :p 

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
Lol....my ISP actually enabled a global mode last night. Should be able to access all websites and their content like Netflix and Hulu in New Zealand. Wow.....is this legal?

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Do you guys still play this? I want more impressions once you hit 50. 

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Nah, stopped.

Can't really blame the game though, as I enjoyed all the parts of it that I've tried (except PvP of course rofl). Its only fault is that maybe it is too much like WoW, although in many, many ways it's much better.

Just didn't have the time or the urge to play a theme-park MMO. Enjoyed the quests, the dungeons / adventures, the challenges. Awesome combat, awesome housing, interesting crafting system, even the lore got me interested a bit by the end. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking to try a new MMO.

There's plenty to do at level 50. The attunement process alone will keep you busy for at least a few weeks. Then you have the raids and of course crafting housing. There are plenty of achievements to try, challenges to complete, stuff to gather, so you'll probably revisit some lower zones as well.

Haven't tried Warplots at all, really curious how that will be, as the concept is very interesting.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

^ What he said. 

The biggest reason I stopped playing is because I don't have the time to complete anything. There are a lot of times I have 30 minutes to hop on, but you can't get Hamsters rock, Squirrels suck! done in 30 minutes. Hell, I can't even play enough to burn through my rested xp in one sitting. Even working on my house will suck in in for 2 hours. I understand this is more my fault then Wildstars, but I wish I could play for 45 minutes and feel like I've accomplished something. 

Plus Eremite has disappeared and that gives me the sads 

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

^ What he said. 

The biggest reason I stopped playing is because I don't have the time to complete anything. There are a lot of times I have 30 minutes to hop on, but you can't get Hamsters rock, Squirrels suck! done in 30 minutes. Hell, I can't even play enough to burn through my rested xp in one sitting. Even working on my house will suck in in for 2 hours. I understand this is more my fault then Wildstars, but I wish I could play for 45 minutes and feel like I've accomplished something. 

Plus Eremite has disappeared and that gives me the sads 

^ this

I played beta a bit and this was my main issue. I really am restricted for time at the moment and couldn't get anything valuable done in game :(

RIP in peace Eremite :(

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

Nah, stopped.

Can't really blame the game though, as I enjoyed all the parts of it that I've tried (except PvP of course rofl). Its only fault is that maybe it is too much like WoW, although in many, many ways it's much better.

Just didn't have the time or the urge to play a theme-park MMO. Enjoyed the quests, the dungeons / adventures, the challenges. Awesome combat, awesome housing, interesting crafting system, even the lore got me interested a bit by the end. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking to try a new MMO.

There's plenty to do at level 50. The attunement process alone will keep you busy for at least a few weeks. Then you have the raids and of course crafting housing. There are plenty of achievements to try, challenges to complete, stuff to gather, so you'll probably revisit some lower zones as well.

Haven't tried Warplots at all, really curious how that will be, as the concept is very interesting.

Ditto what mynsc said.  I spent most of May/June playing it and it gave me so much of the theme-park MMO blues that I lost interest.  On top of that, none of my friends were playing and my guilds didn't turn out how I'd hoped.

But like mynsc also said, if you ever liked WoW, it's a pretty good bet that Wildstar will at least be worth the box price for you.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Ditto what mynsc said.  I spent most of May/June playing it and it gave me so much of the theme-park MMO blues that I lost interest.  On top of that, none of my friends were playing and my guilds didn't turn out how I'd hoped.

But like mynsc also said, if you ever liked WoW, it's a pretty good bet that Wildstar will at least be worth the box price for you.

He lives!

I know what you mean about the theme-park though. Although I still have interest in theme-park MMOs, I do have much more interest in sandbox MMOs like EVE.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
Uh oh.

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

Uh oh.

For sure. This is a bit concerning. First they change their post-launch strat, then the game director leaves.... Wildstar players cant be feeling too good right now. 

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

I have been trying to think up something witty to say but I just can't. 

On to the next one!

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal
I was listening to the last podcast from Wildstar nation (they all quit the game) and they had one of the developers from the game on, he left before the game shipped though. The whole thing was fascinating and eye opening. He addresses most of the issues and reveals what it was like working on the game. Carbine can't be too happy about this.

He left because he had enough, he basically didn't think there was a market for this game. WoW went the route of casualization it did because it would have basically died. We kinda knew this anyway but I think his insights into game systems were way more interesting. Originally wildstar was a lot more like wow in terms of gameplay, then one of the artists did a telegraph thing and hey ran with the idea, problem was they didn't actually start over the development and just bolted it on. Now would have been a good time to actually not do 40 mans because of the way telegraphs work and they could get away with it because now they had action combat. The biggest problem was PvP and they just decided to add things after release. War plots....well you have to listen.

Game had to be pushed out and was nowhere near ready, ncsoft people visited Carbine and expressed some concerns about the game too.

In hindsight, Wildstar was never ever gonna work in the state and game systems it was launched with.

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Wow.

http://massively.joy...calls-it-quits/

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
Exalted.GM.normal

Datascape is getting scaled down to 20.

I guess 40 man raiding question is settled then?