Change
Photo

Titan Virtual Reality MMORPG (with voice recognition and lipsyncing of in-game characters)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 375 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

some people already do this using mobile devices guilds i have been in people will actually log onto mumble or ventrilo with their mobile devices to give updates if there is a good guild voice server system build into titan apps for mobile devices would be a great idea

It would definitely be a cool "additional" feature, and not a "required" one. Granted, I'd want other tools as well....not just voice chat.

Also arbacus - I mean this in the best possible way, but you gotta start using punctuation! It's really hard to just read a block of text like that. Carry-on sentences are painful to read. :crybaby:

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

Could titan be a Virtual Reality MMORPG?.. the first of its kind.

The technology with virtual reality is about to explode on the market, in this I have great faith. See for example Oculus rift (http://www.kickstart...p-into-the-game). And it is really about who does it first and who does it best.

To remind everyone on Paul Sams statement on project Titan and "the old game" (WoW):

"When you architect the game, you architect it with the vision that exists at that time. We’ve got some vision for what is coming and how gaming has evolved. Some of the new things that maybe we would want to do, we can’t do as elegantly because of the way we’ve architected the old game. It’s easier if we are starting fresh."

With that being said, the idea with VR-MMOs seems not so far-fetched. I'm excited.

Berylo

Berylo
  • Early Adopter
  • 22 posts
Friendly

You for sure noticed all that mistery covering Titan project. We get leaks like "it's somewthing great" "new era in gaming" "new generation". In my opinion it's gona be game that we have NEVER seen before. Maybe thats the point. Titan is gonna be virtual reality game. I don't know what technology it will use and this is the mistery mentioned before. Maybe new kinect is not so crappy as the first one, but i don't think Blizzard will go that way. There will be something new but maybe it's TOTALY new. What u guys think?

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 789 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

I think someone mentioned it before, but I just hope it's a game... Normal game with lots of nice new ideas, but a game :)

Edit:

Well now that two threads been moved together my comment really makes no sense :D

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,282 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I would love it to be a fully VRMMO but I do not think it's likely, it would be great though.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

zestalingrad

zestalingrad
  • Early Adopter
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Honestly it would make much sense if it was a VR MMO if you think about it. Blizzard started designing this many years ago, maybe with the intention of doing virtual reality and projected it would be more easily available by now, so they push it back so the technology will catch up with their designs. Technology is obviously there already, just more of a common thing in the gaming world.

Swinegrinder

Swinegrinder
  • Early Adopter
  • 6 posts
  • Location - USA
Neutral

Very well stated. It is a good idea and potentially profitable granted that its Blizzard.

However I have some basic economic and demographic doubts.

With the jobs on the decrease and inflation on the increase, we could have some serious indulgence issues for gaming by the time this game actually is released.

Secondly with the demographic, my experience is that most people under 20 are a lot more shy when it comes to speaking or revealing any sort of identity on the internet. Roughly 32% of young (18 and under) gamers are in the MMORPG category, so if it came down to mostly voice integration that the community would be a little awkward at first or for a certain amount of time. With all those who are afraid of speaking during puberty.

Not to mention if there was constant aggressive youth speaking a lot it would cause an emotional inbalance in any community.

All speculation though.

Also, I'm not sure how swiftly VR would integrate into the gaming market to normalize gaming.

Edited by Swinegrinder, 26 June 2013 - 03:33 AM.

Blonde: "What does IDK stand for?"
Brunette: "I don’t know."
Blonde: "OMG, nobody does!"

Emperor

Emperor
  • Early Adopter
  • 4 posts
Neutral

I'd love to see this title as a VRMMORPG; Something along SAO (anime based on a vrmmorpg) would be totally mindblowing, unfortunately technology isn't this advanced yet.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,282 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I'd love to see this title as a VRMMORPG; Something along SAO (anime based on a vrmmorpg) would be totally mindblowing, unfortunately technology isn't this advanced yet.

It would be incredible if it would be like SAO, I just don't know how I feel about being trapped in it for two years with one life (if you die in game, you die IRL)

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Emperor

Emperor
  • Early Adopter
  • 4 posts
Neutral

It would be incredible if it would be like SAO, I just don't know how I feel about being trapped in it for two years with one life (if you die in game, you die IRL)

I'd rather die an interesting dead than a boring one. :p

Preferably, I don't die at all. :D