35 replies to this topic

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

This feature now replaces the Special Forum Titles. It's basically the same thing, only with a less silly implementation, better look, more customization options and with more room for growth. :D

What is it exactly?

Another type of reward (together with reputation) for those that have meaningful and positive contributions to the forum.

As pictured below (and of course to the left under my avatar), the awards will appear in the "User's Awards" category, in the form of icons. Mousing over an icon provides more details on what it represents and the reason it was awarded.

Also, clicking on "User's Awards" takes you to a special page on the profile of that certain member which gives a more detailed description on all the awards he / she has.

!!! Together with the award, you also get access to the forever delayed Backstage section of the forum and also a spot on the Moderator Shortlist (you can't be chosen as a moderator if you don't have any awards).

user-awards.png

What are the titles and how does one obtain them? [official Awards page - all the info below + icons + who has received awards]

• Game Expert - given to those that start and are currently maintaining a Main Thread for a single-player game or an MMO. Multiple main threads = multiple Game Expert awards.
  • eSports Reporter - given to those that start and are currently maintaining at least 2 Main Threads for a player, personality or event. 4 main threads = 2 eSports Reporter awards and so on.
  • Guide Manager - given to those that created and are currently maintaining a guide in the Guides section. Multiple guides = multiple Guide Manager awards. (not active yet)
  • Special Merit - Given for important contributions to the forum content / community. There are no requirements set in stone for this title, it's solely up to the admin / mods. Starting an outstanding thread or making a truly special post (no matter the subject) can get you this award. The exact reason will be mentioned in the note attached to each award.
  • Euph Done Well - Awarded to any member of the forums who successfully predicts any part of Titan prior to launch. (Why is Euph relevant? Predicting something successfully is as mystical as his puns, that's why.)
  • Fan Fiction Writer - Awarded for writing stories related to the game and posting them on our forums.
  • Fan Art Creator - Awarded for creating and posting images, songs or videos (machinima) related to the game.
  • Wiki Contributor - Awarded to those that have made an account on Titanpedia.info and have edited or created at least one page. There are more levels to this award, depending on the number of edits you've made on the wiki (Level 1 - under 50 edits, Level 2 - 50 to 99 edits, Level 3 - 100 to 149 edits and so on). Check this page to see how many you have.
  • Wiki Admin - Awarded to those that are also admins on Titanpedia.
  • Frontpage Contributor - Awarded to those that have written articles for the frontpage.
  • More will be added.

Improving this feature with your help!

• Right now the icons for each award are not very customized. My photoshop skills are almost non-existent so I need your help here! Create a new icon for any of the current awards and it will almost surely replace the current standard one. :) Here you can get the award model template to get you started.
  • The number of awards right now is quite small. I'm hoping you guys can suggest new ones! Just keep in mind that they should encourage positive and constructive forum behavior.
  • Let me know if you have any other suggestions or if you've encountered any bugs etc.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

Love this initiative, great way to reward players over just reputation. When the community gets bigger, it'll be nice for some people who make great posts to receive something a little more than just a bit of rep. :)

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

Okay guys, here are my achievement icon ideas:

Euphchievement2.png  - Euphchievement (alternatively, 'You've Euph done well').

Criteria: Given to any member of the forums who successfully predicts any part of Titan prior to launch. (Why is Euph relevant? Predicting something successfully is as mystical as my puns, that's why.)

Squirreuphle.png - Squirrelist. 

Criteria: Given to any member of the forums who has squirrelled away bits of information to create a great article of work, so great it has been posted on the website articles section under a 'guest writer' heading.

These are two serious nominations, what'dya think?

No really, I'm serious. :)

P.S. How about using emoticons for the award icons?

Example: Guide Manager - GuideAward.png

Edited by Euph, 16 January 2013 - 05:53 PM.

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Seriously Euph, you need to tone it down a bit with all the good ideas / puns. You're making me look bad!

I love the first one. I prefer "Euph done well" as the name because it's a lot easier on the tongue and kinda makes more sense than the other one. Good criteria too! It will be hard to go through all the posts and award it, but we'll make it happen, no worries! So I'm definitely thinking of adding it, unless someone has a good counter-reason.

As for the second one, not sure I like the name that much. :D It's a bit too "inside", in the sense that 1,2 years from now it will cause a lot of question marks and it won't fully be understood. Hell, I'm not sure I understand it even now! :D I'm guessing it's a tribute to Eremite for being the first one that had an article on the frontpage besides me? It's a good idea, but would love if we could find another name for it.

As for the criteria, it's kind of included inside the Special Merit one, but I'm fine with it I think. Want to hear more opinions on this definitely.

Thirdly, thanks for the Guide Manager icon, definitely better than the completely random one that's set now. :D Great idea with the emoticons too, as a temporary solution at least.

Edit: Updated the Guide icon and added the Euph Done Well achievement. It's of course subject to any changes, so let us know what you think.

WickedWitchy

WickedWitchy
  • Early Adopter
  • 312 posts
  • Location - Netherlands
  • BT - WickedMir#1287
Exalted.platinum

Stolen the base and working on some icons ;)

~* Supporter of the Predictable Chaos Patch 1.0 *~

"Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Posted Image

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

Awesome, cant wait to see what you guys can make of this.

I want all possible Medals, cause you know, i want them :)

Only issue i have is the Backstage section requirements? Wasnt this also promised to Early Adopters??

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum
Awesome, cant wait to see what you guys can make of this.

I want all possible Medals, cause you know, i want them :)

Only issue i have is the Backstage section requirements? Wasnt this also promised to Early Adopters??

I think the implication is that both Early Adopters and award owners get Backstage access. So, if someone joined the community after launch, they can still get access to Backstage by getting an award I suppose it's a method of 'proving' themselves in a sense. Early Adopters will get access regardless. :)

WickedWitchy

WickedWitchy
  • Early Adopter
  • 312 posts
  • Location - Netherlands
  • BT - WickedMir#1287
Exalted.platinum

I just now noticed that the Euph in the achievement box is actually my Euph I made :D

I screamed and jumped in joy LOL

Anyway, uploading the first batch of  suggestions, posting in a bit.

Posted Image

needsmorecoffee

needsmorecoffee
  • Early Adopter
  • 71 posts
  • Location - Texas, US
Revered

I think the badges are pretty cool right now but once we get some concrete about Titan, I think we should make them Titan themed :)

WickedWitchy

WickedWitchy
  • Early Adopter
  • 312 posts
  • Location - Netherlands
  • BT - WickedMir#1287
Exalted.platinum

POPULAR

I think the badges are pretty cool right now but once we get some concrete about Titan, I think we should make them Titan themed :)

I agree with this ;)

Untill such time here are some of mine:

vG4xBj6.png - changed the special merit one to a crown, this can be changed in color accordingly 

ysbyzzQ.png - for the fanfiction writers

w9umnaP.png - for the game experts

QyoQ79z.png - for the artists/fanart creators

LgA6u1w.png - if and when a legit blizzard employee registers this should be used for them ;) You know it will happen

w7Uv77q.png - for the spreadsheeters/theorycrafters or something along those lines

Also when it comes to future guild or whatever I think it would be useful to have buttons for those also. That way members of the forum can easily spot the ranking of the forum guild members if they have questions. People on the forum might not be member of 'our' guild at some point but this may encourage them to join and at the very least know who they are dealing with ;) Please note these are all very simple and will look cooler once we have real artwork of the game

8Uf3v0j.png - guild master, the big cheese, the man, one leader to rule them all etc

YPCn2NG.png - lieutenant, right-hand 

Xz9YW4b.png - officer 

xT2oETa.png - team leader ( this may include lots of things, people in charge of crafting, building etc, anything that involves leadership in a smaller group)

FEyuqaX.png - member

All of these look good in the 30 x 30 size however this may be due to my awesome screen. Let me know how it looks.

Posted Image

WickedWitchy

WickedWitchy
  • Early Adopter
  • 312 posts
  • Location - Netherlands
  • BT - WickedMir#1287
Exalted.platinum

Come to think of it we may want to split the spreadsheet people and theory crafters and add a seperate button for folks that create guides of any kind ( crafting and so on).

Posted Image

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I agree with this ;)

Untill such time here are some of mine:

vG4xBj6.png - changed the special merit one to a crown, this can be changed in color accordingly 

ysbyzzQ.png - for the fanfiction writers

w9umnaP.png - for the game experts

QyoQ79z.png - for the artists/fanart creators

LgA6u1w.png - if and when a legit blizzard employee registers this should be used for them ;) You know it will happen

w7Uv77q.png - for the spreadsheeters/theorycrafters or something along those lines

Also when it comes to future guild or whatever I think it would be useful to have buttons for those also. That way members of the forum can easily spot the ranking of the forum guild members if they have questions. People on the forum might not be member of 'our' guild at some point but this may encourage them to join and at the very least know who they are dealing with ;) Please note these are all very simple and will look cooler once we have real artwork of the game

8Uf3v0j.png - guild master, the big cheese, the man, one leader to rule them all etc

YPCn2NG.png - lieutenant, right-hand 

Xz9YW4b.png - officer 

xT2oETa.png - team leader ( this may include lots of thinks, people in charge of crafting, building etc, anything that involves leadership in a smaller group)

FEyuqaX.png - member

All of these look good in the 30 x 30 size however this may be due to my awesome screen. Let me know how it looks.

Awesome designs Witchy, good job :)

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

longtimelurker

longtimelurker
  • Early Adopter
  • 11 posts
Neutral

can i have a award for lurking please? O_o

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

That would be a good award, perhaps an award for someone who is active every day for a month? Then every day for 6 months? Then a year? It could just keep building upon itself.

needsmorecoffee

needsmorecoffee
  • Early Adopter
  • 71 posts
  • Location - Texas, US
Revered

Expanding on my idea earlier, if Titan is Space Themed, here is my suggestion for a "Euph Done Well" Badge. It may need to be resized and I don't work well with raster art as my specilization is vector based but yeah...

Euph

I'm not very good at being artistic, I mainly recreate or clean up existing work so I must credit Witchy as well because I used the positioning and shape of the face of the one she had previously created for Euph as a reference. Then I drew a pretty wonky space helmet on him. If this was considered for being used for anything I would want to smooth some of the curves. If it ends up that it is Steampunk I want to add some sweet goggles instead of the helmet  :p

Edit: I accidentally a word, and fixed grammar and more words.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Awesome stuff Witchy, thanks for taking the time to do this!  :) I'll see about implementing the awards and changing the icons as soon as I come home tomorrow!

I was just about to give you one, but then you wrote this message, this disqualifying yourself from the award... :( 

:D

If Titan is Space Themed, here is my suggestion for a "Euph Done Well" Badge. It may need to be resized and I don't work well with raster art as my specilization is vector based but yeah...

I'm not very good at being artistic, I mainly recreate or clean up existing work so I must credit Witchy as well because I used the positioning of the one she had previously created for Euph as a reference.

Edit: I accidentally a word.

Haha nice "spinoff" crumbs! :D Will definitely keep this in mind.

longtimelurker

longtimelurker
  • Early Adopter
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Oh well lurkers dosnt deserve anything anyway ;)

Sig

Sig
  • Early Adopter
  • 133 posts
Exalted.bronze

I have intended to make a main thread for heros of newerth since my second post on this site. Ill do it eventually. I have a tiny concern tho, please dont promote more mods until the user base is substantial and requires it, Your doing a kick ass job as it is mynsc to quote an old saying, too many cooks spoil the broth.

I don't judge people on there age, gender, Weight, Height, looks, personality, religious or political views.

I judge people on there stupidity.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Updated the original post (and the awards page) with the new icons and achievs. Thanks again Witchy for your contribution. Just so you know, I've saved all the pics and will use them later on, when their awards will become relevant (like the guild ones for example).

I also added a Wiki one, but it's in a beta state, it will probably be modified later on.

Also, keep those ideas coming! :)

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Updated the original post (and the awards page) with the new icons and achievs. Thanks again Witchy for your contribution. Just so you know, I've saved all the pics and will use them later on, when their awards will become relevant (like the guild ones for example).

I also added a Wiki one, but it's in a beta state, it will probably be modified later on.

Also, keep those ideas coming! :)

Speaking of the TitanPedia wiki, any idea when we can begin working on it? I was a contributing editor on the Assassin's Creed wiki and I am a contributor on the Watch Dogs wiki :D I am excited to begin building a database of Titan stuff :)