7 replies to this topic

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I thought I'd give a small, symbolic Christmas present to everyone here, especially to those that have been nice. :innocent: As such, the reputation system (the best way way for Santa Mynsc and his trusty raindeer hamster Boo to judge who's been naughty and who's been nice) has received a small make-over.

First of all, I've added a ton of new reputation levels. I've tried to keep them Blizzard-themed and at the same time make the progression obvious. Let me know what you think.

Neutral  -> 0 - 4 Likes Received

Friendly  -> 5+

Honored -> 15+

Revered -> 30+

Exalted -> 50+

Exalted.bronze -> 75+

Exalted.silver -> 105+

Exalted.gold -> 140+

Exalted.platinum -> 180+

Exalted.diamond -> 225+

Exalted.master -> 275+

Exalted.GM -> 330+

Exalted.GM.normal -> 390+

Exalted.GM.nightmare -> 455+

Exalted.GM.hell -> 525+

Exalted.GM.Inferno -> 600+

Secondly, the reputation level as well as number of rep points (Likes) is now visible directly inside the topic when you post, below your avatar, not only on your member profile.

As you can see, no earth shattering changes, but I quite like them and I plan to build on them. I find the reputation system extremely beneficial to the forum, as it promotes quality over quantity, so I thought it would be a great idea to give it more backing.

As always, let me know what you think and what tweaks should be done.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

Awesome stuff mynsc. 

I would like to point out that papaz has the highest likes/posts ratio right now.  We should all gang up 3 faction style and bring him down a notch!  :unworthy:

Edit: If in the future people get carried away with this reputation thing we can always add Inferno acts to the top.  Too bad Blizzard nerfed them, but the idea still works.

Edited by Eremite, 25 December 2012 - 12:36 PM.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I was thinking of adding whatever reputation or difficulty levels will be in Titan. :D Yours is a v good idea too, in case the reputation cap gets reached before Titan is announced.

And yes, papaz is a reputation farming machine!

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare
I have to say I love this :D dang Papaz quality posts/likes ratio.... Also, instead of inferno acts you should do MP. Like 600 likes is inferno MP 0, the next is MP 1 and so on and so forth until 10 at 10000 likes or something insane (as MP 10 is indeed, insane).

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

That's an awesome system. Good job :)

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

Needs Paragon levels.

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

Sounds great.

Also love the idea for implementing whatever kind of Levels can be attained in Titan when we find out that information :)

Something to think about as well, in some other forums i frequent, they sport an achievements list as well, and i find it to be quite an effective system for keeping people involved and active within the forums.

Achievements include things like:

"Addicted" - Online everyday for a month

"Totally Addicted" - Online Everyday for 3 months

"Lurker Extraordinaire" - Online everyday for a month without posting in the forums

"1337 Thread Viewer" - Be the 1337 person to view a Thread

"Viewed 100 Profiles" - Viewed 100 profiles

"Profile Viewed 100 times" - Profile viewed 100 times

"Regular User" - Online for 180 Days in a Year

Those are just a few examples but there can be heaps and heaps and maybe even some involving Titan or other Games, but the system just gets people to be more involved and 'care' about their online presence here at TF.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I actually didn't notice your post DevilsD until now. It's funny cause some of these could now apply to the new User Awards system. :D