Titan rumors without any credible source

• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

Wax

Wax
  • Early Adopter
  • 7 posts
Friendly

Hmm, so what about this guy? Seems like all he said was true.

I still don't buy the part about "The Dark Below", however he is now harder to dismiss, since there's a decent chance that he actually had some insider info.

While I would love this to be true (as you can see by my speculative rambling above) the chances of this actually being true are quite small. If you look at how trademarks are usually trademarked, they are never this far in advance. If Titan truly was The Dark Below, and the trademark was real, we would've seen something at this years blizzcon. Else it would make no sense to trademark something so soon.

I'm gonna go ahead and carve this up to a guy with inside knowledge about WoW, but which knew nothing of Titan.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I'm gonna go ahead and carve this up to a guy with inside knowledge about WoW, but which knew nothing of Titan.

That is my assessment as well. I mean Blizzard even went through the trouble of officially dismissing The Dark Below, which admittedly is a bit weird, however it's definitely an extra hint that TDB is nothing.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

Nope, no new rumours, I am just breaking your hearts :)

Blizzard, throw us a bone!

Let's quietly prepare for World of Darkness scenario O_O

Or we can go with this, Overwatch is Titan name to be unveiled at E3 

Spoiler

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

http://forums.someth...hreadid=3626527

Pretty hilarious stuff. First 2 are about Titan.

• Project Titan as you used to (not) know it ceased to exist "a little over a year ago". It was originally slated to be a spiritual successor to World of Warcraft, though no details about the IP can be given because it has carried over to the next incarnation of Project Titan.
  • It was "jump-started" because of changing trends in the industry. Traditional MMO revenue has seen a steep decline and research shows that players often leave MMOs between patches, returning more often when things have recently "been shaken up".
  • Blizzard's data attributes growth of F2P MMOs to their lower development costs allowing steady minor updates, rather than larger, well-polished but infrequent major content patches.
  • Diablo 3's recent revamp has been an experiment in shifting towards this business model.
  • Many items and skills in Diablo 3 receive minor, undocumented changes a few times a week to "stir" the players, creating buzz in the community and provoking discussion about the game on the internet.
  • For example, a "bug" that increases an item's viability may be inserted, so that players start scrambling to obtain it and take advantage of its powers once the community catches wind. This "bug" will later be fixed and a new one will replace it elsewhere.
  • Blizzard does not believe microtransactions are "a sustainable model for the industry".
  • There are plans to “integrate” with consoles following the success of Diablo 3 on the consoles.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

http://forums.someth...hreadid=3626527

Pretty hilarious stuff. First 2 are about Titan.

• Project Titan as you used to (not) know it ceased to exist "a little over a year ago". It was originally slated to be a spiritual successor to World of Warcraft, though no details about the IP can be given because it has carried over to the next incarnation of Project Titan.
  • It was "jump-started" because of changing trends in the industry. Traditional MMO revenue has seen a steep decline and research shows that players often leave MMOs between patches, returning more often when things have recently "been shaken up".
  • Blizzard's data attributes growth of F2P MMOs to their lower development costs allowing steady minor updates, rather than larger, well-polished but infrequent major content patches.
  • Diablo 3's recent revamp has been an experiment in shifting towards this business model.
  • Many items and skills in Diablo 3 receive minor, undocumented changes a few times a week to "stir" the players, creating buzz in the community and provoking discussion about the game on the internet.
  • For example, a "bug" that increases an item's viability may be inserted, so that players start scrambling to obtain it and take advantage of its powers once the community catches wind. This "bug" will later be fixed and a new one will replace it elsewhere.
  • Blizzard does not believe microtransactions are "a sustainable model for the industry".
  • There are plans to “integrate” with consoles following the success of Diablo 3 on the consoles.

Assuming this isn't complete and utter bollocks, I certainly like the sound of Blizzard's attitude towards micro-transactions and the pace of releasing new content. I much prefer getting smaller updates more often as well as the occasional large content patch.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

What exactly is the last point trying to put across? That they are going to develop more games for Console or try and merge the player base?

I agree with Templar as well. This could probably all be a load of rubbish.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

What exactly is the last point trying to put across? That they are going to develop more games for Console or try and merge the player base?

I agree with Templar as well. This could probably all be a load of rubbish.

From the precise wording of the last point it seems that they wish to combine the PC and console communities for the the game. The precise definition of integrate is to "combine (one thing) with another to form a whole", i.e, to make two things (the two communities) into one.

Seeing how PC and console games are becoming more connected we can assume this to be the correct interpretation.

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 863 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare

Ah, its good to have a little bit of activity in the rumor mill! Well done Mynsc, well done  :fun:

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

DevilsD

DevilsD
  • Early Adopter
  • 326 posts
  • Location - Australia
Exalted.gold

From the precise wording of the last point it seems that they wish to combine the PC and console communities for the the game. The precise definition of integrate is to "combine (one thing) with another to form a whole", i.e, to make two things (the two communities) into one.

Seeing how PC and console games are becoming more connected we can assume this to be the correct interpretation.

Thats concerning for Console players, for the simple fact that IMO Keyboard and Mouse are far superior when it comes to reacting to in-game situations that need immediate attention. Turn based games are less of an issue but anything like RTS/RPG/MMO i can see it being a problem with real time game play.

Useful Links: Rules ----- Forums ----- Special Forum Titles ----- FAQ ----- Support Titan Focus ----- Titan Wiki

Check out our Titan Wikipedia its got an impressive collection of material just waiting for you!

The Beast contained herein shall not be set free, not even by you!

Looking for a Specific Game to talk about? Maybe you can find it in the Main Threads List!

Remember to help support Titan Focus so we can continue to bring you the latest in everything Project Titan!

Support Titan Focus

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Thats concerning for Console players, for the simple fact that IMO Keyboard and Mouse are far superior when it comes to reacting to in-game situations that need immediate attention. Turn based games are less of an issue but anything like RTS/RPG/MMO i can see it being a problem with real time game play.

I 100% agree, it's why we see such a disparity in CS:GO, KB+M is far superior when it comes to most genres. On the other hand, it may not affect Titan at all. We'll see :)