I'm so excited!

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

they are not doing this mistake ever again. I´m pretty sure when they announce Titan it will be released inside a year. They will probably even start the Beta test right the day after the announcement i guess.

And hell i think Titan is nearer then we all think.

edit: A bit off topic but Mynsc do you plan to be part of blizzards official fansites or do you want to stay independet after Titans announcemend and release?

Is there any difference between the two?

For example, what kind MMO-Champion is?

Goht

Goht
  • Early Adopter
  • 249 posts
  • Location - GGermany
  • BT - Goht#2885
Exalted.silver

MMO-Champ WAS(remember all the leaks) independent but was bought up by curse so it´s more or less an official fansite now. I think if MMO-Champ would be still independent there would be already some pretty big leaks about Titan. At the moment i think the site is something in between because MMO-Champ is allowed to dig trough all the ptr data and stuff which isn´t allowed as an official fansite. If you want to see a big leak at MMO-Champion again you can only hope that Bibi gets really pissed on from Blizzard.

The thing is official fansites are not allowed to write down what they want. Of course they get some benefits instead like interviews, news a few days ahead to prepare an article etc. but i think sites are to restricted as an official fansite but thats only my personal opinion^^.

"I'm Not Questioning Your Honor; I'm Denying It's Existence."
- Tyrion Lannister

Are you watching Merseyside?!

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Since Grygoire made his tweets private I'd thought I'd put tweets he made before going private (I am absolutely certain about the "information" because I have the response to his tweet in my twitter history but I may miss a word or two in the tweet alternatively use wrong word when quoting him here) here that I didn't see in Nempiris summary (http://titanfocus.in...-source/?p=3177).

In case everyone didn't catch these when he was tweeting them.

1. About the release schedule his tweet was (this is the tweet I remember the best since it gave the most "info")

teasers (13), trailers (+beta 14) and then peed trousers (1/2 of 15)

2. About the kind of game Titan could possible be described as

What would Earthbound look like if it was made today?

My comments to above:

The only game called Earthbound I have found is this http://en.wikipedia....wiki/EarthBound

3. About how big Titan is (I don't remember the quote so this is entirely my wording)

Destiny has a bigger scope than Titan.

My comments to above:

I asked him how he knew that, if he was just estimating, and he said that there have been devs transferred from Bungies Destiny to Titan.

As always take all of this with a huge grain of salt. No 2, Earthbound is a game from 1994 to Super Nintendo. There are no conclusions to be drawn by looking at that game today. 

Regarding to Destiny being bigger than Titan. Again this is highly subjective. Bigger world? More features? Bigger at release? Bigger with xpacks? This can be interpreted in so many ways that no conclusions about the size of Titan (regardless of Destiny) can be drawn from that.

The first piece of info, release schedule, is as good guess as anyone of us had done in the thread mynsc created about when to expect info and release date about Titan so again this is no better than any guess of ours.

Again, the purpose with this post is not to spark a discussion about the content of the tweets but just to put this here for you guys to see in case you didn't catch these when he was tweeting them.

Valkata

Valkata
  • Early Adopter
  • 799 posts
  • Location - EU
  • BT - Jasius#1148
Exalted.master

MMO-Champ WAS(remember all the leaks) independent but was bought up by curse so it´s more or less an official fansite now. I think if MMO-Champ would be still independent there would be already some pretty big leaks about Titan. At the moment i think the site is something in between because MMO-Champ is allowed to dig trough all the ptr data and stuff which isn´t allowed as an official fansite. If you want to see a big leak at MMO-Champion again you can only hope that Bibi gets really pissed on from Blizzard.

The thing is official fansites are not allowed to write down what they want. Of course they get some benefits instead like interviews, news a few days ahead to prepare an article etc. but i think sites are to restricted as an official fansite but thats only my personal opinion^^.

AH I see, thanks :)
Well I doubt we would have any more info about Titan if MMO-C was 100% independent, the info should still be elsewhere on internet, but there isn't any, at least not that we know of. I suppose Blizzard is succeeding on keeping this secret.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

edit: A bit off topic but Mynsc do you plan to be part of blizzards official fansites or do you want to stay independet after Titans announcemend and release?

I'd be happy to answer any questions related to the site Goht, but not here since it would derail the topic. Make a thread in this section or send me a private message / email.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

sayaf

sayaf
  • Early Adopter
  • 19 posts
Friendly

Since Grygoire made his tweets private I'd thought I'd put tweets he made before going private (I am absolutely certain about the "information" because I have the response to his tweet in my twitter history but I may miss a word or two in the tweet alternatively use wrong word when quoting him here) here that I didn't see in Nempiris summary (http://titanfocus.in...-source/?p=3177).

In case everyone didn't catch these when he was tweeting them.

1. About the release schedule his tweet was (this is the tweet I remember the best since it gave the most "info")

teasers (13), trailers (+beta 14) and then peed trousers (1/2 of 15)

2. About the kind of game Titan could possible be described as

What would Earthbound look like if it was made today?

My comments to above:

The only game called Earthbound I have found is this http://en.wikipedia....wiki/EarthBound

3. About how big Titan is (I don't remember the quote so this is entirely my wording)

Destiny has a bigger scope than Titan.

My comments to above:

I asked him how he knew that, if he was just estimating, and he said that there have been devs transferred from Bungies Destiny to Titan.

As always take all of this with a huge grain of salt. No 2, Earthbound is a game from 1994 to Super Nintendo. There are no conclusions to be drawn by looking at that game today. 

Regarding to Destiny being bigger than Titan. Again this is highly subjective. Bigger world? More features? Bigger at release? Bigger with xpacks? This can be interpreted in so many ways that no conclusions about the size of Titan (regardless of Destiny) can be drawn from that.

The first piece of info, release schedule, is as good guess as anyone of us had done in the thread mynsc created about when to expect info and release date about Titan so again this is no better than any guess of ours.

Again, the purpose with this post is not to spark a discussion about the content of the tweets but just to put this here for you guys to see in case you didn't catch these when he was tweeting them.

Any 1 here is following him? if yes can you plz pm me or share what's he's being saying lately?

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal
Hah I now completely understand what grygoire meant when he said titan should be destiny's code name :) http://destiny.bungi...dex.php?id=1018

Seems like Titan is the traveller, so cool.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Ok, go ahead and say it, whoever wants to, I'm not going to rob you the opportunity. Do it!

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Ok, go ahead and say it, whoever wants to, I'm not going to rob you the opportunity. Do it!

Alright, I'll go first.

Grygoire is one of the best trolls out there that managed to say juuuuuuuust enough to make people think he is the real deal. He is what I call pro troller.

If he ever registers on this site Witchy should make him a special icon with the title "Pro troll, there can be...only one".

:D

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

Strange things

Edit: Full list of statements and rumors updated. (1) rumor added - link

Hi.

Do you actually know, that we have 3 different rumors going around (look over here to see the full list), but all of those 3 are saying, that TITAN will have two gaming modes. I also noticed that there were even other rumors, that are pointing into this direction, though in a equivocal way. Please mind the pink words and leave your comment below.

Here we go;

French site

In this new MMO, each player would have two "lives": the first one is a sort of Sims Online, a giant hub of social interaction and the possibility of connecting with his second life. One which will consist of first person combat.

TheConstantRedditor

The game is going to be a pseudo-SIM/MMO, and Blizzard aims attract both SIM and MMO players. Supposedly, the game revolves around two universes: a SIM universe, and an MMO universe. In the SIM universe, you simulate the life of yourself, or rather, your alter-ego. When you enter the MMO universe, you become your true self: a super hero.

Andhaira

The game has two modes, 'office' and 'field', with players having a different avatar in each. The 'office' is more social-interaction-focused whilst the 'field' is the more familiar MMORPG paradigm with exploration of ruins, quests etc. 

As always, I recommend you to take all rumors with a grain of salt.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

There are more than 3 (Panigg also said it appeals to sims players, we've had an Anonymous member come here and tell us that, etc), but for all we know, they might all have the same source.

The french site mentioned this first I believe, so this might be the point of origin. After that, anyone could have taken this info and say that his inside source told him this.

Of course, the fact that there are numerous persons reporting this can also be a hint that it is indeed true. I do actually believe it will prove to be true. It makes perfect sense and it's in pure Blizzard style.

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

There are more than 3 (Panigg also said it appeals to sims players, we've had an Anonymous member come here and tell us that, etc), but for all we know, they might all have the same source.

Thought bout the possibility that all these rumors are written by one and ta same person, just a little bit changed/customized every time. Or, as you said, all these rumors could have the same source (but written by different persons). Of course that is pure speculation. 

As I've already mentioned above, there are more than 3 rumors pointing into that direction. So yes.

The french site mentioned this first I believe, so this might be the point of origin. After that, anyone could have taken this info and say that his inside source told him this.

Of course, the fact that there are numerous persons reporting this can also be a hint that it is indeed true. I do actually believe it will prove to be true. It makes perfect sense and it's in pure Blizzard style.

*handshake* "No smoke without fire, sir". All that was a bit conspicuous in my opinion. Keep it going.

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

Hi!

I was thinking about Grygoire's rumor;

2. About the kind of game Titan could possible be described as

"What would Earthbound look like if it was made today?"

Now, I have a question - is this Earthbound (image below)? If yes, I'd get a much better imagination of what he meant.

600px-Earthbound-Onett.gif

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Hi!

I was thinking about Grygoire's rumor;

2. About the kind of game Titan could possible be described as

"What would Earthbound look like if it was made today?"

Now, I have a question - is this Earthbound (image below)? If yes, I'd get a much better imagination of what he meant.

600px-Earthbound-Onett.gif

Could you elaborate? I am not familiar with this series...

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

sma

sma
  • Early Adopter
  • 8 posts
Neutral

There was also time travel in Earthbound.

Goht

Goht
  • Early Adopter
  • 249 posts
  • Location - GGermany
  • BT - Goht#2885
Exalted.silver

Could you elaborate? I am not familiar with this series...

it should be EarthBound, if you want to find more about the game search for Mother(japanese name), there´s a whole wiki article about every Mother game including part 2 which was called Earthbound.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/EarthBound_(series)

to make it short, you are a young boy traveling through the world saving it from mind-controlling aliens.

PS: i finally know where this guy in super smash bros comes from!!!!

"I'm Not Questioning Your Honor; I'm Denying It's Existence."
- Tyrion Lannister

Are you watching Merseyside?!

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Oh! This does sound fun :p

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

PinkPony

PinkPony
  • Early Adopter
  • 233 posts
Exalted

it should be EarthBound, if you want to find more about the game search for Mother(japanese name), there´s a whole wiki article about every Mother game including part 2 which was called Earthbound.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/EarthBound_(series)

to make it short, you are a young boy traveling through the world saving it from mind-controlling aliens.

PS: i finally know where this guy in super smash bros comes from!!!!

Hey :)

Thanks for your confirmation.

"You save the world from mind-controlling aliens" ... sounds pretty funny :)

When I look at this screenshot it's almost a sure thing we'll see player housing in Titan (if Grygoire isn't trolling us).

Maybe he blocked off his twitter account because he was asked by Blizzard to do so. Well, I don't give a *peep* bout that. 

Ahh, by the way; Grygoires statement "Titan will cannibalize WoW to some extend" sounds not so intelligent. Even if you were working inside Titan's dev team, you cannot say that. Sounds really stupid to me.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

sjSVOaV.jpg

Source: http://www.reddit.co...an_concept_art/
Chance of being complete BS: Very High

• I've ran the image through TinEye and Google Search by Image and received no conclusive results (tineye says it's "too simple" to search for and Google can't find any matches).
  • Its metadata (right click -> properties -> details) is completely wiped out, so he's a decently smart troll if he is trolling.
  • Running the image through http://www.pskiller.com/ returns this: 

100.png Photoshop quantization tables found.
100.png Photoshopped: color or brightness adjusted.

I'm very skeptical about this but it's interesting nonetheless. It definitely has a place in this thread. What do you guys think?