• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal
So everyone here loves any sort of rumor on Titan right?

And sometimes I read some rumor on the internet which often does not contain any sources but still are fun to read.

So I thought I'd create a thread and share all the small rumors I might find from time to time for everyone to read because admit it...even the crazy rumors without sources are fun :)

Again, this is just for fun and everything here should be taken with more grains of salt than "normal" rumors :)

If you also happen to stumble upon some rumor that doesn't belong in any other thread or worthy of its own thread then just post them here.

Rumor posted 2012-02-23
TItan free to play

Summay
In this article they claim to have info that Blizzard is going to release a f2p game that is not yet announced (so I guess it's not Blizzard All Stars).

Link
http://www.develop-o...be-free-to-play

Rumor posted 2012-06-24
Titan info at Blizzcon 2013

Summary
This guy over at MMO champion claims he met a Blizzard employee that basically didn't say more than keep an eye on Blizzcon 2013.

Link
http://www.mmo-champ...=1#post17290380

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
Hehe, good idea and great start! I actually hadn't seen the one from mmo-champ. If it's fake, then the guy was pretty careful in giving many details, something that is not usually the case with trolls.

Here's one of my favorites!

Rumor posted 2011-10-23
Many details on Titan's features.

Summary

Titan is set in a trans-world in which ancient historical civilizations compete for world supremacy. Players will be able to choose different ancient civilizations, however post 17th century civilizations will be likely not playable. There will be no class mechanic, but rather players will be able to choose and develop roles in their communities. Alliances will be player controlled, and players could be hosted on massive realm rather than broken into smaller servers. There will be PvP, but it will not be instanced, for the game will not be heavily instanced like WoW was. The game will focus primarily on player operated economies and civil matters, and will not be PVE game involving monsters. Obviously this could be controversial in some senses, many people are fanatical about real world heritages. The prevailing idea is to allow the playerbase to control the outcomes of their world, and allow different interests to be pursued, unlike the typical raid/arena model of WoW. Please don't post this on other message boards. (think Civilization/Age of Empires but MMO style in way)

We are talking 2000 BC - 1700 AD. Once powerful empires, civilizations, and kingdoms will be the representative factions. Age of Empires type stuff where empires from many millennium compete with one another.

Aztecs
Babylonians
Carloginians
Carthaginians
Celts
Chinese
Egyptians
English
French
Germans
Greeks
Indians
Japanese
Mongols
Persians
Romans
Sioux
Spanish
Vikings
Zulu

The "source"

I have info from a developer.

Link
http://www.mmo-champ...-Titan-is-about

90% chance it's a troll but nonetheless, his explanation is pretty detailed, consistent with some other rumors (time travel and such).

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal
This one should really belong to a thread called "rumor of a guy rumored to be a Blizzard employee that posted in a thread... and that thread is magically gone but I swear I saw it" :)

The reason I'm still including this is because the OP that posted this seems to believe in what he is writing and doesn't seem to want to troll others. He just seems like any of us just posting rumors he has seen and wants a discussion.

Anyway here goes.

Rumor posted 2012-06-23
Titan is an FPS game which has robots

Summary
The OP claims there was a thread on a site called Escapist where there was someone claiming to be Blizzard employee giving out information on what Titan is:

Somebody on an Escapist thread claims that he was an employee at Blizzard and had had the opportunity to play the alpha-version of Titan during his tenure there.
He says that the game is pretty much Team Fotress 2 with robots, and the gameplay would be objective-based.
What think System Warriors?

Link
http://www.gamespot....-2-with-robots.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal
Stumbled upon another fun rumor without any credible source. This one contains some general stuff about other games as well from Blizzard which we already know the answer to since the rumor is from end of May this year.

Rumor posted 2012-05-31
Titan free to play with microtransactions and possibly NFC items at retail.

Summary
So this guy knows a guy that basically knows a guy :) And he wanted to share the information. Again I'm posting this one since the guy posting just seemed exited that he had some juice gossip and his post didn't come across like a troll.

I just heard some info from someone who seems trustworthy and I wanted to share the few details I was given. Feel free to believe it or not.

-My source was told by his industry contacts that Blizzard has two unannounced games in the works "that cannot [yet] be discussed" that are scheduled to be released by year's end.

Now, speculation from my source (a fellow Gaffer who wants to protect his sources) based on what he knows about his contacts:
-He is confident that at least one of them is for Wii U, if not both.
-He believes Blizzcon 2012 was cancelled for more reasons than just to focus on SC2 and Diablo 3. If Blizzard had more titles coming out by the end of the year, why would they not show it off at their own show? Unless their hands were tied by heavy-duty NDAs...the kind Nintendo likes to issue...
-He believes Diablo III and StarCraft II are the safest guesses: Diablo III is, of course, officially confirmed to be coming to consoles, but Blizzard won't say which ones (NDA again?).

-His more "crazy-out-there" theory (again, all pieced together from hints dropped by his own sources and what he knows about them) is the MMO Project "Titan," which he believes might have a Free-to-Play model (downloadable from the Wii U eShop-equivalent) with microtransaction support and possibly NFC items at retail.

Link
http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=10058

Eremite

Eremite
  • Global Moderator
  • 430 posts
  • Location - Hawaii
Exalted.master

Stumbled upon another fun rumor without any credible source. This one contains some general stuff about other games as well from Blizzard which we already know the answer to since the rumor is from end of May this year.

Rumor posted 2012-05-31
Titan free to play with microtransactions and possibly NFC items at retail.

Summary
So this guy knows a guy that basically knows a guy :) And he wanted to share the information. Again I'm posting this one since the guy posting just seemed exited that he had some juice gossip and his post didn't come across like a troll.

I think I have less degrees of separation to Kevin Bacon than this guy does to Blizzard. Still, it's cool to see there are different rumors floating around even now.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

-He believes Diablo III and StarCraft II are the safest guesses: Diablo III is, of course, officially confirmed to be coming to consoles, but Blizzard won't say which ones (NDA again?).

D3 is a sure thing. As soon as PvP is out the door, a console version I'm sure is next on the list. We could definitely see it launched in 2013. I don't think they want to wait until the next-gen consoles are out: that's still quite a while away, not to mention that competition then will be quite fierce and launching an "old" game on them might not attract too much attention.

Not really seeing the SC2 part happening. Blizzard is heavily invested in the eSports scene with it and I think that Wii U is very far away from being a good medium for this. Not to mention that it would create a bit too much separation between communities and game-play types.

Titan for Wii U? HAH, not even remotely imaginable. Not from the start anyway. We already have a quote from Pardo telling us it will mainly be a PC game. Also, no matter how stealthy Blizzard wants to be, at this point we can be 99% sure Titan won't launch in 2013.

The second game that can't be discussed might be All Stars. I see the rumor is from way back in May, not sure what the status of All Stars was back then. Blizzard of course had announced it, but really was not giving any more details, something that still is true.

Maybe both games are D3 actually. One version for xbox / PS3 and one for Wii.

Anyway, all this is assuming what this guy heard is true. Which is indeed a big stretch. :D

DiveDown

DiveDown
  • Early Adopter
  • 80 posts
Revered
The guy who said "I know someone of the developers" might actually not lie to us, but I think the Blizzard employee is rather trolling HIM than the forum poster is trolling US! :-)

So maybe these odd guys out there really know some developers but I actually think they were fooled from blizzard ;-)

Edit:

Blizzard COO Sam says:
"So, hopefully in 10, 15 and 20 years, that [new MMO] will still be growing strong and will have set a new mark in the industry for that type of product." Then, if I read such comments from forum posters when they say they know a blizz developer who said that titan will be pretty much like team fortress 2, it confuses me and at the same time I cannot believe that, because games like team fortress 2 will never have such long lifes as WoW (were talkin about 10-20 years lifespan). And heres why: simply cuz it's gameplay gets saturated and boring after a while. team fortress 2 may be a great game for some month for you, but not many years! So all I want to tell you: don't take such posts seriously. And of course I can pretty much exclude the possibility, that titan will be sort of a team fortress 2 game. blizzard also stated that it will have a brand new ip, but anyway, yknow what I mean.

Also, what I read here is, that Stan Sakai is working on the project titan. he's a third-generation Japanese American Cartoonist comic book creator. He is best known as the creator of the comic series Usagi Yojimbo (source: wikipedia). That could be an indicator that titan will contain some modern style of comic art ingame. what do you think? I just hope it doesn't get annoying after a while for a big game like titan with an expected lifespan of over 10 years, because I don't like extensive use of comic art in a game. It has to be an epic game with features that challenges players to play the same game over and over for years without getting bored.

team fortress 2 is more comic-like what I've seen so far, but the game itself would never challenge me to play this one for years like WoW. So most likely, titan won't be a shooter
(like farcry or CoD) that gets boring after a while . For such big lifespan expecations (over 10yrs, dude) the game has to offer us more than just shooting up someone in the open world pvp, there has to be at least some sort of social and creative style aspect in the game, much like Second Life, just with state-of-the-art graphics. That's my expectation from titan, and I'm not saying this because of speculations, but also fact checks (why should blizzard hire a stan sakai if they don't want to create a comic-style game, or at least partially comic-style?). WoW is also more comic-style. Stan Sakai probably draws some artworks of the heroes and villains in titan with some comic flair, while the game itself also looks more comic-style than "realistic" (not like call of duty-graphics). Otherwise it woudn't make sense to me to hire an comic artist, but make an entirely different game with more realistic atmosphere -.- I just don't see the point why titan should be photorealistic in order to be a great game. It don't has to. So for me, everythingz indicating towards a more comic-style titan game. Tell me, if you disagree and why.

Edited by DiveDown, 27 November 2012 - 09:03 PM.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1,684 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

I've got some fresh material for this! :D

Rumor:

The game is set in the future. Aliens have invaded Earth to claim resources humanity never knew existed, including something connected to the secret of life. The game has two modes, 'office' and 'field', with players having a different avatar in each. The 'office' is more social-interaction-focused whilst the 'field' is the more familiar MMORPG paradigm with exploration of ruins, quests etc. There are three factions: 'hippies', the authoritarian power-seekers and a bunch of cyborgs. There is also magic involved as well as technology.

Source: http://www.rpgcodex....-new-mmo.55759/

Actual source of the quote is missing.

This is quite a bit "out there", but it has some familiar concepts, that we've heard about before. Thoughts? :D

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

Rumor:

This is quite a bit "out there", but it has some familiar concepts, that we've heard about before. Thoughts? :D

This was a juicy rumor indeed :) Nice find!

I like the rumors like this one where the person is a bit more detailed than "it's sci-fi and it will have a global chat and you will be able to play with friends" :) To be honest it all sound really cool and I want to believe that there is some truth to rumors like this one. At least the core things like "sci-fi", "aliens". 

This rumor also states the "second life" thing where you have two different lives.

The release target, that is in 2014 doesn't seem unlikely even if I have my bet on 2015. But then again I have lost many times betting on when and how Blizzard will do things :D

I'd rate this rumor as one of the best ones without a credible source so far! Very detailed and "accurate" (if that word even can be used for a game we know jack about) with regards to what we have been able to dig up so far.

DiveDown

DiveDown
  • Early Adopter
  • 80 posts
Revered

Rumor:

"The game has two modes, 'office' and 'field', with players having a different avatar in each."

It doesn't make sense for me to have two different avatars for each part. I'm confused. That sounds like the game has two games: Social & Combat. No. They won't split it into two gaming-modes, that's my thought on this.

"The 'office' is more social-interaction-focused whilst the 'field' is the more familiar MMORPG paradigm with exploration of ruins, quests etc."

These two parts will be combined into one, I cannot imagine the benefits of having a MMO split into two games actually.

Weird idea though.

"The game is set in the future."

That's likely. We're saturated of old-school fantasy settings.

"Aliens have invaded Earth to claim resources humanity never knew existed, including something connected to the secret of life"

Materials/resources with a connection to the foundation of life? This leads me to think about Dark MatterDark Energy or Antimatter! Humans don't know much about these things, but maybe the alien invaders do and that's the reason for their attack on earth, where there are huge occurrances of such odd resources. These subjects could be somehow related to a project blackstone ^_^ What do you think?

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal
The two sides, that you have one combat life and some other life was one of the earlier rumors about Titan iirc.

I wonder if this is the same person the rumor comes from.

that particular part sounds so strange and yet so specific that I wouldn't be surprsied if it turns out to be true.

Lirvan

Lirvan
  • Early Adopter
  • 13 posts
  • Location - Michigan
Friendly

It doesn't make sense for me to have two different avatars for each part. I'm confused. That sounds like the game has two games: Social & Combat. No. They won't split it into two gaming-modes, that's my thought on this.

These two parts will be combined into one, I cannot imagine the benefits of having a MMO split into two games actually.

Weird idea though.

I agree with you there. I would hate it if they split social and combat up; it's a core mechanic to the entire genera. Not to mention that it doesn't make sense as a business model. You need to blend the two mechanics to make a game work. They might as well just make two separate games. 

However, I already have a game with a social aspect and no combat. It's called facebook. 

DiveDown

DiveDown
  • Early Adopter
  • 80 posts
Revered

On another Forum, where they talk about the future of WoW and how it could react to Titan, Rochana posted something interesting, that could be true imo:

"Maybe WoW will be designed as the game for casuals, easy rewards, easy content, and Titan will focus on being a game for gamers again... hard but rewarding journeylike challenging content with lots of exclusive content for those who did all the time and effort to achieve it. (This after all is the trademark of the A team developers and was noticable in how they designed Vanilla and TBC)." (Source)

We all know, that the WoW-vanilla devs are working on project Titan now. Does this mean anything to you? Do they have any special habits, so we could lead this into a interesting speculation, or is it a waste of time to think about what Rochana wrote?

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

On another Forum, where they talk about the future of WoW and how it could react to Titan, Rochana posted something interesting, that could be true imo:

"Maybe WoW will be designed as the game for casuals, easy rewards, easy content, and Titan will focus on being a game for gamers again... hard but rewarding journeylike challenging content with lots of exclusive content for those who did all the time and effort to achieve it. (This after all is the trademark of the A team developers and was noticable in how they designed Vanilla and TBC)." (Source)

We all know, that the WoW-vanilla devs are working on project Titan now. Does this mean anything to you? Do they have any special habits, so we could lead this into a interesting speculation, or is it a waste of time to think about what Rochana wrote?

I think Titan will be more casual than WoW. Just the term "broad appeal" scares me in that aspect :)

But Blizzard will always make something for the hardcore gamers and make the same content available in easier format or in reasonable amount of time for the casuals.

I don't think we will ever see content that can't be seen by the majority of players before the next xpack release when they nerf the old content or buff your characters level so that you can go back doing the old stuff.

DiveDown

DiveDown
  • Early Adopter
  • 80 posts
Revered

I think Titan will be more casual than WoW. Just the term "broad appeal" scares me in that aspect :)

But "more broad appeal" doesn't mean it's going to be extended in the casual direction-only, but also to a same degree into the hardcore zone. What rochana said with "this after all is their trademark of the a team developers" makes me to think about this fact.

Edit:

The donut just grows bigger. This enlarges both audiences. So I don't think we can say for sure, that Titan will be more casual than WoW.

Edit2:

"Titan will have more broad appeal" could also mean that the features in Titan (like the character details) will have such a wide variety and are so large-scale extensive, that everyone can create things that you won't meet again (far more unique options) ingame. This statement could also mean, that there are much more settings to make your character/environment/items more unique than ever before (or than the playerbase was used to), so that you can actually identify yourself much better with what you have created. This mustn't be related to the overall difficulty of Titan, but more to their offer for extensive use of creativity - that's my conclusion of these words from Blizzard. Of course I could be wrong, but that's a speculation thread for everyone, so feel free to create a response to this post.

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

But "more broad appeal" doesn't mean it's going to be extended in the casual direction-only, but also to a same degree into the hardcore zone. What rochana said with "this after all is their trademark of the a team developers" makes me to think about this fact.

Edit:

The donut just grows bigger. This enlarges both audiences. So I don't think we can say for sure, that Titan will be more casual than WoW.

Edit2:

"Titan will have more broad appeal" could also mean that the features in Titan (like the character details) will have such a wide variety and are so large-scale extensive, that everyone can create things that you won't meet again (far more unique options) ingame. This statement could also mean, that there are much more settings to make your character/environment/items more unique than ever before (or than the playerbase was used to), so that you can actually identify yourself much better with what you have created. This mustn't be related the overall difficulty of Titan, but more to their offer for extensive use of creativity - that's my conclusion of these words from Blizzard. Of course I could be wrong, but that's a speculation thread for everyone, so feel free to create a response to this post.

More broad appeal generally means that the producer will be appealing to a broader audience, no?  Broader audience = An audience comprised of many different demographics, who each hold different interests, uses and gratifications in regards to the product. Now we take a look at the markets. WoW firmly catches the hardcore market already (in my opinion, at least) and is expanding into the much larger audience of the 'casual' gamer. This is a category in itself really, rather than a single demographic, simply because of its scale and diversity. It should also be noted that the 'casual' audience is likely to be growing at a break-neck speed considering more and more people game on their PCs now because they also integrate with their social networks, entertain themselves and study on their computers. I should mention that I have no proof to back this up, other than my own experiences and those of people around me.

Now, to uhm... conclude my point into something concise and simple. I don't think Titan will be creating "more broad appeal" by expanding its audience appeal like a donut, as you mentioned. I think it will expand perhaps more like a Pear, Hardcore gamers are at the top, they're willing to spend money on realm transfers and PvP tournaments, even RMAHs - they are a minority but also compulsive and 'essential' just like the stem of a Pear. However, casual gamers are at the bottom (the fat part), they are the majority and have wads of money ready to spend on monthly fees, plushies and in-game pets, this part of the Pear is constantly growing and will ultimately be the kingmaker, if you will. Obviously none of those generalisations are strict rules and they all vary from person to person, but I think that's a general way to look at it. One last point, Blizz isn't just a company looking out for their original players, it's a corporation. ActivisionBlizzard have savage shareholders who want money money money in the end, large and growing demographics mean money money money, small and consistent ones just mean money. 

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

DiveDown

DiveDown
  • Early Adopter
  • 80 posts
Revered

ActivisionBlizzard have savage shareholders who want money money money in the end, large and growing demographics mean money money money,...

Besides from the topic, you gave me one more example that reinforces my assumption here (where I described the meaning of what Blizzard COO Sams said). They can't be too late and so a 2015 or 2016 release would be a bit too tardy in my eyes.

DiveDown

DiveDown
  • Early Adopter
  • 80 posts
Revered

This is how I imagine one part of Titan's gameplay (video, from 24:45), where the player can create something with prefabricated stuff from Blizzard on his own (something like Minecraft, Warcraft world editor, the farcry map editor or Second Life). And I expect it to be a building framework with a social and combat part, where the player is the director of the most content and not like in WoW just a consumer of content...

...a MMORPG with some FPS elements (in 3rd person view like WoW to see your character), but without the tab-targeting system from WoW - more like the targeting system in Darkfall UH.

Watch from 24:45 - 26:10

I'm curious if my expectations are gonna be true or false at the end  :) Blizzcon awaits

DiveDown

DiveDown
  • Early Adopter
  • 80 posts
Revered

Blizzards next-gen MMO

gallery_453_44_138539.jpg

well, this is the actual list from the blizzard job directory for their next-gen MMO:

Next-Gen MMO Titan

Senior Software Engineer, Server

Design Department Manager

Environment Artist, Technical Lead

Franchise Development Producer

Game Producer / Senior Game Producer

Graphic Designer/Graphic Artist

!Lead 3D Environment Artist, Architecture

!Senior Software Engineer, Engine / Graphics

Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay

Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay Interfaces

Senior Technical Artist

"graphic designer/graphic artist" might be a new one on the list, but it doesn't have an exclamation mark, so I believe it's not a particularly critical position anymore, either they've already staffed this postion, or they're not in urgent need of it.

Especially the job for "3d environment - architecture" has an exclamation mark and makes me think about huge cities. Like in the game "Mafia" from illusion softworks, just not set in 1938. Why? Well there are several (!) reasons for that:

1.)

Remember what a former blizzard GM said? "The world, the artwork was huge and awesome and the game characters had so much charisma it was almost unbelievable. :)".

"Huge" could indeed stand for high, colossal buildings, like skyscrapers in a city! What else! If they would feature more stuff like in WoW (only small villages and flat houses, or castles), he wouldn't have said "huge artwork", because there are definitely better fitting words than "huge" for environments like we see in WoW. So it's an indicator that Titan is most likely a modern-day or sci-fi MMO with an emphasis on big cities, that also features some historical buildings and artwork in it.

2.)

Think of this article on frag-sharlet (I recently translated it into english for you over here);

"

The fact is that we have received the insider information that Titan will be a realistic real MMO with in-game advertising from real companies. What do you think now?

SECOND LIFE ... 
NEW YORK 2.0
CITIES ... big houses, rooms, real billboards (advertising spaces)

Who could play Second Life, will be especially pleased, because the game could indeed boast with lots of users, however, in my opinion it was technical a pure disaster. Content in Second Life, however, had a very interesting and unique concept. The game was released in 2003 – it should be kinda like a second life (parallel world), in which the avatars of real people could interact with other users: play, trade or otherwise communicate. People and companies were offering virtual goods or services - the virtual „Linden dollars“ could also be converted into U.S. dollars. Here comes the really interesting aspect of Second Life into the game ... all self-created, and many other objects in Second Life could be traded at their discretion. Accordingly, many real companies were represented in the game to sell their goods for „Linden dollars“ and then consequently real U.S. dollars. This included virtual gambling and sex offers.

"

This only furthers my assumption.

3.)

As Euph wrote in our forum;

"...Blizzard acquires city generating software in 2009 (Sources: Sauce 1Sauce 2)

What is it? 

Basically, Blizzard bought a license to use CityEngine, an application used to generate cities based on variables controlled by the user."

So this is another good reason to believe that it'll contain more modern-day (or sci-fi-like) big city stuff and skyscrapers.

cityengine_2009_19895.jpg

CityEngine transforms 2D GIS data into smart 3D city models.

3D Land Use Zoning (video)

CityEngine allows Blizzard to specify, visualize, analyze, and store zoning regulations in 3D.

4.)

Actually, blizzard doesn't offer games with modern-day or sci-fi city-environments. This would be indeed a brand new IP for 'em and it would give us a feeling that we've never felt before. Casinos, hotel rooms, huge modern-looking business skyscrapers, dance studios, night clubs, gun-shops, shopping-miles, clothing shops, restaurants, large residences, historical museums and churches... in a city you can combine everything, from sci-fi to historical stuff.

Edit: Historical buildings in Titan? Of course! Read this posting"Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to environmental and / or architectural illustration" (source)

Side note: Also remember that Jeffrey Kaplan said: "I am shocked we haven't seen more sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic, historical MMOs; there's all these completely different fantasy settings beyond the traditional high fantasy ones". 

As I've mentioned, I think there's a chance that Titan will look like a modern/sci-fi "Mafia" MMORPG, just set in the future with far better graphics and also 3rd person view, with FPS-elements. 

Look at this!

Even a modern "GTA Vice-City"-like MMORPG version would do it.

There's also a good chance that they'll feature an editor for titan, much like in Warcraft III or StarCraft, to give the players some freedom and to expand titan's universe. And players love to create things on their own. It's a big project.

Lewis Wakeford (Gamasutra, source) wrote: 

"I do think MMOs need to focus on player-driven content though."

"The worlds are always just "theme parks" as well, nothing you do has an impact on the game world."

Blizzard knows this. Now, they have a chance to give us a final solution with titan. Think of an editor, where the player can customize his own house, character appearance & clothing, cars or bikes, and maybe even his weapons. This would influence the gaming world by a major degree (!), because you simply won't meet the same one again. Almost everything would be player-driven.

And this isn't just wishful-thinking - remember, what ex Blizzard GM Panigg said: "...it's gonna be a lot of proven concepts refined to the best of the genre mixed with reliable ways to sell to the masses and added with some tiny bits of hardcore to appeal to even the darkest of souls.... also sims players." (source). Appeal to sims players. And that means CUSTOMIZATION. The only answer to this could be: give the players more freedom - with an MMO-EDITOR. Of course, it's just one example to solve the issue that Lewis Wakeford described. 

Mynsc believes: "PLAYER HOUSING IS COMING, have no doubts about that." (source)

Indeed. And that would fit perfectly into a city-MMORPG.

I will update this article and add another points after Nr 4), if there are more important clues for Titan - being a city MMO.

Edited by DiveDown, 21 December 2012 - 10:23 PM.

papaz

papaz
  • Early Adopter
  • 676 posts
  • Location - Sweden
Exalted.GM.normal

All credit goes to Slayer who found this, and what a way to end 2012 with this cliff hanger.

Rumor posted 2012-12-28
Titan is a spin-off on an existing IP.

All I'm going to say is Titan isn't technically a new IP, it is.. but it isn't. Its a spinoff of an existing Blizzard IP. Titan is the next Blizzard MMO, but its not Warcraft.

Link
http://www.neogaf.co...53&postcount=82