Change
Photo

Will Crafting Be Included In The Game ?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Will Crafting Be Included In The Game ?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Will crafting be included in the game ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Sig

Sig
  • Early Adopter
  • 133 posts
Exalted.bronze

I would love to see crafting, But when i say that id love to see a crafting system ive never seen, Wow's crafting to me is somthing i hope not to see, The reason is very few items are useful take alchemy, you litreally just use the transmute feature and the flasks/potions, thats it. And the potions you use are simply "Increse X for Z seconds" i loved using things like swiftness potions in pvp, or the potion that made you free from snares.

What i hope to see is a crafting system that everyone can benefit from, im not saying every item you make needs to be useful 100% of the game, but why not include some items that can be made when your a begginer that veteran players will still need, completely making this up from my head but heres an exmaple of what i mean,

Player Z has played titan for 5 years, player X has only just started, Player X gets into crafting but becuase hes so new he cannot make anything that is useful for player Z, But wait, he can, he can make a potion that makes player Z see a certain type of creature in any zone, that potion is needed by player Z becuase without it he might get killed by the mobs he cannot see, Player X also needs that potion now and then becuase the same type of mob lurks around one of his newer area's This means both players have a use for that potion, and player X can craft it becuase it isnt an end-game craft he can squeeze a small profit from it becuase player Z doesnt want to gather the low materials needed in the lower zones, player X gathers these to level up his profession.

That may sound confusing but on recape, Player X is gathering low level materials that older players dont want to waste there time on, that means he can create a potion that is still needed by veteran players so he can sell it.

I don't judge people on there age, gender, Weight, Height, looks, personality, religious or political views.

I judge people on there stupidity.

WickedWitchy

WickedWitchy
  • Early Adopter
  • 312 posts
  • Location - Netherlands
  • BT - WickedMir#1287
Exalted.platinum
I would love to see crafting, But when i say that id love to see a crafting system ive never seen, Wow's crafting to me is somthing i hope not to see, The reason is very few items are useful take alchemy, you litreally just use the transmute feature and the flasks/potions, thats it. And the potions you use are simply "Increse X for Z seconds" i loved using things like swiftness potions in pvp, or the potion that made you free from snares.

What i hope to see is a crafting system that everyone can benefit from, im not saying every item you make needs to be useful 100% of the game, but why not include some items that can be made when your a begginer that veteran players will still need, completely making this up from my head but heres an exmaple of what i mean,

Player Z has played titan for 5 years, player X has only just started, Player X gets into crafting but becuase hes so new he cannot make anything that is useful for player Z, But wait, he can, he can make a potion that makes player Z see a certain type of creature in any zone, that potion is needed by player Z becuase without it he might get killed by the mobs he cannot see, Player X also needs that potion now and then becuase the same type of mob lurks around one of his newer area's This means both players have a use for that potion, and player X can craft it becuase it isnt an end-game craft he can squeeze a small profit from it becuase player Z doesnt want to gather the low materials needed in the lower zones, player X gathers these to level up his profession.

That may sound confusing but on recape, Player X is gathering low level materials that older players dont want to waste there time on, that means he can create a potion that is still needed by veteran players so he can sell it.

I completely agree with this!

My biggest peeve with crafting in WoW has always been the uselessness of the early zones materials. Your suggestion would fix a lot of issues. And it will stimulate old players that do like to go back to the early zones ( like myself ). It's a win win situation for both old and new players. 

~* Supporter of the Predictable Chaos Patch 1.0 *~

"Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Posted Image

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum
What if crafting became mini-games that you could then play on your phone. Maybe your girlfriend is really good at the crafting and so you spend all night raiding collecting materials and then she mini-games it up during the day building you equipment that you can use later that night. I think fewer, more developed craft skills is better then a lot of under developed craft skills. With each expansion make the craft skills you got better rather than adding different craft skills.

One model you can use is that each craft can branch out into further specializations. When an expansion comes out the current specializations get zipped up and everyone gets them but then there are newer additional specializations.

I think something that really ties in casual gaming to hard core gaming could be awesome with different payment models. Maybe you are part of a guild and all you do is play mini-games that helps everyone else out. These mini-games might be free to play on social media but could also be used as a gateway to get people to pay for a full subscription where they could get the full blown game client.

"Hey Mom, the guild is raiding tonight, I need you to get on Facebook and make us some more potions!"

I love your idea about the mobile crafting mini games! It would definitely revolutionize not just crafting in mmos, but crafting across video games. Blizzard have stated that this game will have social features and I think your idea fits right under the social banner. Your account on the crafting 'apps' would have to be connected to the game so that you can only craft what you have the materials for, I don't know how they would do that but I'm sure that they can figure it out!

I don't think that when an expansion or patch that adds new crafting disciplines is released, everybody gets to learn all the original crafting disciplines. I think it would make the disciplines unimportant as anyone can learn them all. I definitely think that you should be able to have two primary crafting disciplines, plus some secondary ones. Just like WoW. Perhaps alchemy could be one of your primary disciplines and making healing potions could be your secondary discipline aka specialty. Does that make sense? Sometimes I don't explain things well :).

I think mini 'games' aka crafting would be an awesome feature and I would definitely partake in it,

Also, I think the crafting mini games would make guilds more accessible for casual gamers who don't want to partake in the hardcore endgame PvE and PvP. Think about it, nowadays, most non leveling guilds are either hardcore PvE or PvP (Or both) guilds or they are casual / social guilds. This could bring everybody together to make a effort to 'beat the game'. Think about it, the 'casuals' are crafting the equipment that we'll need and they are gathering materials for that. In return we help them however we can, for example, we can help the level. It would be a effort on both parties' behalf and it would strengthen the relationship between the 'hardcore raiders' and the 'casuals'. I can only see good things coming from this idea.

I really, really hope that this feature makes it into the game.

I completely agree with this!

My biggest peeve with crafting in WoW has always been the uselessness of the early zones materials. Your suggestion would fix a lot of issues. And it will stimulate old players that do like to go back to the early zones ( like myself ). It's a win win situation for both old and new players. 

Hopefully, the mats in low level zones will have some use for max level players. Perhaps they may not be used in crafting directly, they may be, for example, broken down and mixed with other minerals (...herbs etc) to make higher level mats.

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

Kryss

Kryss
  • Early Adopter
  • 16 posts
  • Location - France
Honored
If the game is set in a sci-fi world or multi-dimensional one, player housing will happen at a big level.
Orbital spacestations or player-own pocket world towns will be possible thus making crafting much more relevant. Imagine collecting ressources to build a new module to your station orbiting around your faction mother world or new fortified wall for a village : that could be a whole game per-se (with player-designed shapes, companion NPC collecting material and transforming it etc')...

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

If the game is set in a sci-fi world or multi-dimensional one, player housing will happen at a big level.
Orbital spacestations or player-own pocket world towns will be possible thus making crafting much more relevant. Imagine collecting ressources to build a new module to your station orbiting around your faction mother world or new fortified wall for a village : that could be a whole game per-se (with player-designed shapes, companion NPC collecting material and transforming it etc')...

Oh my god... I'd love player housing :D

Sig

Sig
  • Early Adopter
  • 133 posts
Exalted.bronze

Id like to see player housing as a time/money sink.

id LOVE to see guild housing on a grand scale, where everyone chips in to build a realistic town/community with meeting halls, crafting shops, banks, combat zones, Fortified defenses and many more features!

I don't judge people on there age, gender, Weight, Height, looks, personality, religious or political views.

I judge people on there stupidity.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Id like to see player housing as a time/money sink.

id LOVE to see guild housing on a grand scale, where everyone chips in to build a realistic town/community with meeting halls, crafting shops, banks, combat zones, Fortified defenses and many more features!

I think that some homes should be priced so that most people can own a home but some should be extremely expensive and awesome. The people who make the most / work the hardest will get the nicest things.

Vestige

Vestige
  • Early Adopter
  • 17 posts
Friendly

I love your idea about the mobile crafting mini games! It would definitely revolutionize not just crafting in mmos, but crafting across video games. Blizzard have stated that this game will have social features and I think your idea fits right under the social banner. Your account on the crafting 'apps' would have to be connected to the game so that you can only craft what you have the materials for, I don't know how they would do that but I'm sure that they can figure it out!

I don't think that when an expansion or patch that adds new crafting disciplines is released, everybody gets to learn all the original crafting disciplines. I think it would make the disciplines unimportant as anyone can learn them all. I definitely think that you should be able to have two primary crafting disciplines, plus some secondary ones. Just like WoW. Perhaps alchemy could be one of your primary disciplines and making healing potions could be your secondary discipline aka specialty. Does that make sense? Sometimes I don't explain things well :).

I think mini 'games' aka crafting would be an awesome feature and I would definitely partake in it,

Also, I think the crafting mini games would make guilds more accessible for casual gamers who don't want to partake in the hardcore endgame PvE and PvP. Think about it, nowadays, most non leveling guilds are either hardcore PvE or PvP (Or both) guilds or they are casual / social guilds. This could bring everybody together to make a effort to 'beat the game'. Think about it, the 'casuals' are crafting the equipment that we'll need and they are gathering materials for that. In return we help them however we can, for example, we can help the level. It would be a effort on both parties' behalf and it would strengthen the relationship between the 'hardcore raiders' and the 'casuals'. I can only see good things coming from this idea.

I really, really hope that this feature makes it into the game.

Hopefully, the mats in low level zones will have some use for max level players. Perhaps they may not be used in crafting directly, they may be, for example, broken down and mixed with other minerals (...herbs etc) to make higher level mats.

What I was referring to with the branching and zipping of professions is much like what Blizzard has done with Cooking in the latest MoP expansion and has also done with some of the other professions in the past. At a certain skill level professions will branch out and you have to chose a path until you reach a certain higher level at which point all paths become available. For that expansion you have to make a choice and then for the next expansion there's a whole new set of choices.Crafting should definitely be a mobile experience. Maybe gathering isn't.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

What I was referring to with the branching and zipping of professions is much like what Blizzard has done with Cooking in the latest MoP expansion and has also done with some of the other professions in the past. At a certain skill level professions will branch out and you have to chose a path until you reach a certain higher level at which point all paths become available. For that expansion you have to make a choice and then for the next expansion there's a whole new set of choices.Crafting should definitely be a mobile experience. Maybe gathering isn't.

Oh, I thought you meant that upon the release of every expansion, everybody would be given new maxed out skills. I like your idea now that it's been explained again though :)

Tiam

Tiam
  • Early Adopter
  • 57 posts
  • Location - Bulgaria
Honored

I hope that it will be,because crafting is an important part of the MMOs.

463245e5f54791f4.png

Berylo

Berylo
  • Early Adopter
  • 22 posts
Friendly

I hope that it will be,because crafting is an important part of the MMOs.

exactly. I think Blizzard even don't consider the option of no crafting

Thinktank

Thinktank
  • Early Adopter
  • 20 posts
Friendly

Crafting should be something, not taken lightly. I'll give an example. Diablo is a game that has always offered, huge amounts of loot. We want that loot, so we play the game, for more hours than we normally play other games. Crafting in the same in a way, where players want something more. Player like ourselves, want to also offer something useful. Simple enough *just like IRL*   :laughing: 

The idea, is to make massive amounts of loot. Use these loots, to offer crafting mats as well. Next add something new, and remove something already offered. Just like Diablo 3 or Wow, you remove transmog and add something new. You'll remove transmog, for blueprints. These "Blueprints" will be "Transmog", without the easy to use, make it look like that idea. Blueprints will allow players, to have the look they want. Blueprints will also allow the players, to combine any required set of materials, to craft something, with that look. This set of materials, is based on armor, weapon, item or object type. The different types of crafts, will have a common set of materials. A example plate armor uses metals, and cloth uses cloth. Mats will offer different qualities, in which offer a bonus. Any quality of a combination set materials, can be used for results. The quality of each material, will determine the end result of the craft.

The next thing is, complexity. Each craft, will need to be prepared. So combining materials, for parts of blueprints, is the option. There are options here, for skill levels and quality. Normal quality will be less preparation, to complete your craft or early skill levels. Things like gear sets (green in D3), will require more materials at higher qualities, with more preparation. The more prep you put into your craft, the better the result (prep can also offer legendary quality, in some cases). The higher quality and rareity of the mats, will also affect the end results (legendary mats, can be use for epic, or godly crafts). Prep can be done by using, a basic crafting system. Something like Diablo 3, to perp those crafting parts will do. It will be easy, and not overly time consuming. Next is the assembly of the mats. This should be done, for each craft, like a mini game. For beginners of a craft, this is where you will start. After skill leveling up, assembly will take over. Prep will then be done, on the simplified system (As exampled above, with Diablo 3).  

This is just a basic outline, of what is possible.  A "periodic table" for a in game crafting system, would be really cool to see. It would be a good way, to manage a well organized crafting system. There are so many way, to make a great crafting system. Why not go all the way? Mobile crafting? Anyways, maybe I got to long winded here   Thanks for reading, I hope it gets the ideas flowing. I am interested to see, what Blizzard come up with.  :thumbsup: 

Oh yeah I would also like to add. I want to see an interactive strategy guide, map maker as craft, quest maker and bestiary. These things could be used many ways. Such as guild recruitment, monster hunts and tracking and coaching for players.

P.S. I was also trying to say. The crafting system should, offer massive amounts of loot like Diablo. Maybe in small stat buffs, from the quality of the craft, then more over, with quality of craft and mats combined. Also the solution for white drops in Diablo 3, is this can be broken down for blueprints.