I think it would be interesting to start and maintain a Titan timeline, for posterity's sake. I'm going to try and populate it as best as I can, even if there aren't many important events to mark right now. If you guys have any other additions / corrections, let me know.
I'm trying to focus mostly on actual progress reports of the project and on important reveals for us and not that much on rumors, speculation on features etc.
- end of 2005 - start of 2007: Project Titan begins. (speculation)
- August 24, 2006: Possible hint from Paul Sams about a new MMO already being in the works. (source)Spoiler
- April 2007: First sighting of the project, as a job opening on Blizzard's Job Directory, in a new section called "Next-gen MMO". (source)Spoiler
- August 28, 2007: Jeff Kaplan hints at a new MMO in the works at Blizzard. (source)Spoiler
- End of 2007: Bashiok is the first Blizzard figure to give any details about the the game, saying "it is an unannounced Next-Gen MMO. And that doesn't mean an expansion for World of Warcraft either." (original source gone due to Blizzard forum revamp)
- Blizzcon 2008: Jeff Kaplan confirms that he is involved with the project. (source)
- Blizzcon 2008: Mike Morhaime first talks about the new MMO they have in production. (source)Spoiler
- November 12, 2008: Paul Sams talks in length with VG247 about Blizzard's new MMO and gives some details on the development process. (source)
- February 12th, 2009: Jeffrey Kaplan, lead designer for WoW, officially moves to the next-gen MMO. Guess he was just assisting until now. (source)
- May 12th, 2009: Blizzard Community Manager Zarhym confirms it will be a brand new-franchise, with "the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch". (source)
- September 14, 2009: In an interview with GameSpot, Bobby Kotick mentions the game, citing that it "has a little more broad appeal." (source)
- Blizzcon 2010: the game is between prototyping and pre-production, with 50 developers working on it and with a playable internal build. (indirect source)
- November 30th, 2010: According to a supposedly leaked Blizzard product slate, the internal name of the game is Titan and it's scheduled for release in the 4th quarter of 2013. (source) || (leaked photo) || (not confirmed)
- March 8th, 2011: Titan is already playable inside the company. (source)
- Blizzcon 2011: Titan is close to entering full production, with 90 developers working on it. (source) || (direct video)
- May 9th, 2012: During the Q1 2012 Results Conference Call, Titan is presented as a "new MMORPG", the first official mention of its genre. (source) || (pictures: one, two)
- September 25th, 2012: Titan is in the middle of development, over 100 people working on it, long way to go, has around 4 years of core development. (source)
- April 2nd, 2013: Titan Focus (that's us!) posts some info received from an undisclosed source. According to it, there are now more than 150 developers working on the game which is planned for reveal at Blizzcon 2013. It's an MMORPG with tab targeting combat and based on Earth's history. Many other details were included. (source)
- May 28th, 2013: After a few delay rumors emerged, Blizzard announces that they need to make large changes to the technology and design of Titan, and as such the project has been delayed and some of the non-core team members will be reassigned to other projects while the core team works on refitting the tools and tech.