- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Avrah

Avrah
  • Early Adopter
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Don't see why this would bring up so much hate. Video is of crappy quality, but the game itself looks fine enough to me. Probably from the first Beta, doubtful it's "maxed out". It's supposed to scale really low to run on older PCs. Combat has nothing to talk about since the guy doesn't even have any skills unlocked. Also he's bad.

Orhai

Orhai
  • Early Adopter
  • 159 posts
Honored

ive never formed an opinion on reviews or alpha videos ill wait until i can play the game myself and see how i enjoy the gameplay and it just gets more complicated from there as theres early game late game etc.

also this video was clearly recorded in very poor quality bad stream quality vod uploaded to youtube prob

Stompalomp

Stompalomp
  • Early Adopter
  • 102 posts
  • Location - UK
Exalted

Graphics quality looks pretty bloody good to me.

Don't really understand the whole "OMG its just another WoW clone" posts i've seen in places.  It is Skyrim done as an MMO.  So yes there are WoW similarities; ie fantasy setting, questing, PvP, "raid" style bosses etc, but its the differences that make tESO interesting. 

NO Tab targeting - you actually have to aim and block

Relatively open choice of skills and abilities and armor/weapon choice - ie you can play how you want

Questing is much less linear than WoW.  

How good those features are won't be seen until the game actually launches, but I'm hoping it will be very successful. 

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

I guess I missed the post, none of those links work for me :( .

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

I guess I missed the post, none of those links work for me :( .

Here, http://www.pcgamer.c...online-footage/

LF S/O WHO CAN MAKE BOMBS AND GOOD FOOD. /W WITH OFFERS. :D

BunGee

BunGee
  • Early Adopter
  • 8 posts
  • Location - Croatia
Friendly

Peeps, this is not the real ESO; it's probably an older build (but more optimized perhaps). People on the Tamriel Foundry forums (TF :D) also confirmed it. They had described their time on PAX in detail and, amongst other things, they had mentioned that the graphics are suberb - on pair or better than Skyrim's. There is also some very low quality (mobile camera) footage from PAX and you can clearly see that the game looks fine. This is one of the reasons why they have NDA's...

You can be SURE the game won't look like that, it would be ridiculous.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Peeps, this is not the real ESO; it's probably an older build (but more optimized perhaps). People on the Tamriel Foundry forums (TF :D) also confirmed it. They had described their time on PAX in detail and, amongst other things, they had mentioned that the graphics are suberb - on pair or better than Skyrim's. There is also some very low quality (mobile camera) footage from PAX and you can clearly see that the game looks fine. This is one of the reasons why they have NDA's...

You can be SURE the game won't look like that, it would be ridiculous.

I sure hope so.

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 258 posts
Exalted.platinum

My problem with this isn't the graphics (I would probably have to play on lowest settings like the leaked vid anyways), it's with the seeming lack of identity over the zones I've seen in the game.

This video is packed full of visuals from the game when people with good computers play on it:

But what concerns me is the gameplay shown in that leak vid looks boring, same old MMO, the areas seem to lack a unique quality to them and while the graphics may be good, they seem to be missing something. Whilst I love Bethesda and I'm sure they've worked extremely hard on the game, I don't think I'm raring to play it. Hopefully Titan will step away from what we've seen of ESO.

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology ? Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology ? Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

My problem with this isn't the graphics (I would probably have to play on lowest settings like the leaked vid anyways), it's with the seeming lack of identity over the zones I've seen in the game.

This video is packed full of visuals from the game when people with good computers play on it:

But what concerns me is the gameplay shown in that leak vid looks boring, same old MMO, the areas seem to lack a unique quality to them and while the graphics may be good, they seem to be missing something. Whilst I love Bethesda and I'm sure they've worked extremely hard on the game, I don't think I'm raring to play it. Hopefully Titan will step away from what we've seen of ESO.

I agree with you Euph, I just can envision my self enjoying playing this game due to the gameplay.

BunGee

BunGee
  • Early Adopter
  • 8 posts
  • Location - Croatia
Friendly

Yep, I agree. It seems like it lacks soul; kinda GW2-ish.

Orhai

Orhai
  • Early Adopter
  • 159 posts
Honored

i am exited to try it out in coming closed beta sessions(hopefully soon!).

action combat and healing mechanics like tera(favorite thing about that game) HUGE amount of character progression customization and triple faction pvp endgame alongside pve in a better format than gw2 did instantly quelling many of the issues high level pvp guilds/alliances had with gw2

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

Here, http://www.pcgamer.c...online-footage/

That link didn't work either, already tried it.

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1,287 posts
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

That link didn't work either, already tried it.

Damn, it was removed from daily motion, sorry. Keep checking sites like Daily Motion for a copy of the video :)

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

Damn, it was removed from daily motion, sorry. Keep checking sites like Daily Motion for a copy of the video :)

I think I found an uploaded version.

http://riotpixels.co...scrolls-online/

/edit

I found a better link

http://www.ubergizmo...e-leaks-online/

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

i am exited to try it out in coming closed beta sessions(hopefully soon!).

action combat and healing mechanics like tera(favorite thing about that game) HUGE amount of character progression customization and triple faction pvp endgame alongside pve in a better format than gw2 did instantly quelling many of the issues high level pvp guilds/alliances had with gw2

I too loved Tera combat mechanics. Actually, I think the best combat in an MMO ever, was in Tera Online (I know, bold statement). Unfortunately, Tera combat was the only amazing part about the game, aside from graphics.

However, the combat in this leaked video did not seem to compare anywhere close to Tera combat. It didn't come across to me as fluid, and the hit-boxes seemed odd. A lot of it just seemed clunky to me. I'm not trying to "talk crap", that's just my impression from the 20 minute closed beta leak.

/edit

I just compared Gw2 beta videos, against the ESO beta video, and then I looked up Tera Online beta videos too....Interesting to note that for me, purely judging combat appearance, Gw2 looked the best...

However, having played Gw2 and Tera Online....I can say the Tera Online has a far superior "feeling" to combat. It's smooth, natural, and polished.

Something I always look for is how combat "feels" in a game, I think that is Tera's strong point...very strong.

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

So i just got a beta key in my email for Elder Scrolls Online, it starts Friday and finishes Sunday. Bad news? I'm out of town, and can't use it….

NOOOOOooooooo

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

Haha, give it to Sarn :p 

jonnyshiz

jonnyshiz
  • Early Adopter
  • 382 posts
  • Location - Irvine, CA
Exalted.gold

It's his if he wants it!

Odysseus

Odysseus
  • Early Adopter
  • 129 posts
Exalted.silver

Weekend beta key if anyone wants to try it. This beta ends on the 24th at 11:59PM EST.

RTXDCX5K7CXREHTREWFF

https://account.elde...nline.com/login

mBztkyW.png

Slayer

Slayer
  • Global Moderator
  • 894 posts
  • Location - Auckland, NZ
Exalted.GM.normal

Uh oh some of the comments about the game...