Change
Hello and welcome to Titan Focus, a fansite for Blizzard's next-gen MMOG! We aim to provide quality and unique info about to the game, while also supporting a strong, well mannered & bright community. Join now to help us build it! As a unique, limited-time offer, everyone that signs-up before the game is officially announced will receive a special Early Adopter rank, which includes bragging rights and many bonus features. It's a small way of saying thanks to those that help get the ball rolling. Hope you enjoy your visit!
Photo

Elder Scrolls Online!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 780 posts
  • Location - United States
Exalted.GM.nightmare
Bethesda just announced, officially, that's they are working on The Elder Scrolls Online, and it's an MMO! Check out the link,

http://www.pcgamer.c...orld-of-skyrim/

The ONLY reason im not playing skyrim every day any more is because I can't play with my friends. I have much left to do in the game, but it gets lonely when your all alone...

This game has the potential to be truly Epic. Not Titan epic though ;p

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1590 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
It was bound to happen! :D

I'm not going to get too excited quite yet, until we get an idea of the type of MMO that it will be. I remember going berserk when I found out that Bioware was making a Star Wars MMO, and look how that turned out. :p

What I do like so far is that the head of ZeniMax Studios (the company that's making the game) was one of the founders of Mythic and I'm guessing contributed to Dark Age of Camelot. I hope he brings that crazy fun PvP to this game too.

GI‘s tease mentions solo questing, dungeons as well as “player-driven PvP conflict that pits the three player factions against each other in open-world warfare over the province of Cyrodiil and the Emperor’s throne itself.”

Read more: http://techland.time.../#ixzz1tpbykF2F

Uhhh, sounds promising! :D

From what I heard, they might release a trailer in the next few days. Definitely looking forward to that.

Useful Links: Rules --- Awards --- Titan FAQ --- Twitter --- Support TF

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 780 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare
Yes, the artical I linked said that we will be seeing a trailer tomorrow! I know I should hold my excitement, but I just can't. I'm stoked!
:D

Revelasian

Revelasian
  • Early Adopter
  • 27 posts
Friendly
no matter how good it looks, im always wary about the char control... i thought DnD looked great then when i played it i felt like i was controlling a stick figure who could only go left,right,up, and down, no strafing, no smooth turning, no moving diagonal... etc.. it was very robotic... i wont play another mmo unless its as smooth, and seamless as wow.. theyve set the bar for EVERY mmo that comes out..

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1590 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
More details popped up. Unfortunately, not all of them are as appealing as we would've hoped.

http://www.ign.com/w...-scrolls-online

http://goo.gl/T5Nvf (for the pictures)

Some highlights from the IGN post:
  • scheduled for release in 2013 for both PC and Mac.
  • Zenimax Online Studios, a team of approximately 250 people, is developing Elder Scrolls Online, which has been in development for several years. ZeniMax was founded by Matt Firor from Mythic Entertainment, who developed Dark Age of Camelot.
  • Elder Scrolls Online will take place in Tamriel, which includes the provinces of Cyrodiil (where The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was set), Skyrim(the setting of The Elder Scrolls V), and the region called Elsweyr.
  • Player-versus-player support will be included and should prove substantial. A lot of time is being spent to ensure that players are able to be self-sufficient, but team-based strategies will also play a major role in conflicts. The game's engine is actually designed to handle grand battles with teams consisting of as many as 100 members apiece.
  • Unfortunately, due to online latency, the combat system will not be the same real time combat the Elder Scrolls games are known for. The Stamina Bar will be the main focus in battles. Use the Stamina Bar to Sprint, Block, Interrupt, and break Incapacitating Effects.
  • The intent is to have players form small groups to clear most content without the use of Aggro. That's right, there will be no Aggro in TES Online. Each player is responsible for their own selves.
  • The missions that you accept may also have multiple outcomes and progress in a manner that allows you to experience different content depending on your decisions.
  • TES Online will be seen from a third person perspective, and skills will be activated from a hotbar.
  • Presently, there are no plans to include a system that allows players to invest in property as they could in the single-player experience.
  • Marriage and relationships will be confined to inter-player relations, rather than arrangements with NPC characters.

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1590 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno

Teaser site launched, together with the promised trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6m9-Dret0U

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 289 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum
Tbh, I think they're runing a great single player game by trying to make a WoW Copy, I know we haven't got that much information yet, but that's just my thoughts on it atm :/

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1590 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
Yes, I think if it's going to be a pure theme park, then Bethesda is going to have serious problems in dealing with fan reactions.

It's true that, especially when Skyrim launched, many players were saying that it could be a fantastic MMO, but I'm positive that pretty much all of them were thinking at a sandbox, not a theme park. A hybrid might work too, but it needs to be a sandbox with theme-park features, not the other way around. That's how I see it at least.

The other chance this MMO has is if the 3-faction open world PvP system is going to be fabulous. In other words, if TES Online is going to be what Warhammer Online should have been.

rs10rs10

rs10rs10
  • Early Adopter
  • 289 posts
  • Location - Denmark
  • BT - Rs10#2467
Exalted.platinum
^I agree with that, they have to make it TES and not a copy of something else, otherwise it will fail hard. If they manage to make this work, respect from me :p

"Rogues guard the secrets to poison-making carefully, lest magi start incorporating poison into their spells. Poisonbolt? Rain of Poison? Poison Elemental? Nobody wants that."

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1590 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
More info popping up, mostly from the GI article that's not yet published.

Highlights taken from the NeoGAF forum (you can find even more there):
  • The game world will be huge, relative to Skyrim, but several areas will be closed off for use in future expansions
  • Players will be able to choose one of nine races from the three factions of The Ebonheart Pact, the Daggerfall Covenant and Aldmeri Dominion (but don't expect to play as a werewolf or vampire).
  • Once a player begins leveling, they can expect to spend upwards of 120 hours getting to the level cap.
  • The game features three faction PvP where you fight to take over keeps and use trebuchets and other siege weapons to help do it. At the high end, you can have 100 v 100 battles. There are also farms and mines you can try to take over. Mots of this happens in Cyrodiil where your goal is to take over and hold the Imperial City to get faction wide bonuses for it. If you have played Dark Age of Camelot, this probably sounds familiar. For those who haven't, essentially the entire zone is a giant PvP area will all sorts of points of interest.
  • The most accomplished PvP player on your faction becomes emperor whenever you take over the capital.
  • The game will have raids and heroic modes for its dungeons as end game content in addition to faction PvP. The game will also have high end public dungeons (anyone has acces to the same instance).
  • There is also balanced PvP for people who prefer eSports.
  • You have a limited number of skills you can use at any given time, and can change them whenever you're out of combat. The number of skills is equal to (paraphrase) "a light and heavy attack with your current weapon that take up the first two slots, a few more spells related to your class, and an ultimate in the last slot".
  • They want the AI to be good, so instead of enemies in a dungeon sitting around and waiting to be pulled, you will be attacked by the entire room and they will try to react to how you are playing.
  • The combat is based around a stamina bar which you can use to sprint, block, interrupt, and break incapacitating effects.
    Stamina also applies to PvP, so stamina management (and wearing down your enemy's stamina) is important, as your crowd control abilities might be on a long cooldown, and if you use them before the enemy player runs out of stamina, they will probably just block the effect.
  • The game is fully voice acted.
  • There will be mounts, but no flying mounts.
  • No dragons.
  • No player housing.
  • The game uses a hubless design
    -For example, you don't necessarily pick up a quest to do the following, but if you kill all the necromancers in an undead barrow, a shade you free at the end will reward you.
    -However, to help you find these events, various NPCs you talk to will tell you where they are happening and put a marker pointing them on your map
  • The game uses MMORPG genre standards such as classes, experience points, and other traditional MMORPG progression mechanics, but they try to present it "around the core fantasy presented by traditiona Elder Scrolls games" such as traveling around and righting wrongs or seeking riches.
A hefty amount of details. :) What do you guys think about it?

Silverthorn

Silverthorn
  • Early Adopter
  • 52 posts
  • Location - Trondheim
Honored
I need moar to make up an opinion. Can't wait to see some gameplay videos and interviews :)

mynsc

mynsc
  • Administrator
  • 1590 posts
  • Location - Romania
  • BT - mynsc#2323
Exalted.GM.Inferno
Game Informer seems to have landed the exclusive rights on the first bits of info about this game. Here's them again with an interview with TES Online's creative director.

Revelasian

Revelasian
  • Early Adopter
  • 27 posts
Friendly
lol better AI, thats scary considering a lot of wow players couldnt even handle simple strategies... solely because of that i think the game will fail... bad players wont progress thus they'll quit, unlike in wow where even the baddies could progress....

Draykorinee

Draykorinee
  • Early Adopter
  • 60 posts
  • Location - Brighton, uk
Honored
Meh, I dont need another mmo tbh, I play wow, I have GW2 on preorder...my kids will never see me. Personally I dont play ES for a multiplay, they should just leave it as that. Will be interesting to see.

Falloubst

Falloubst
  • Early Adopter
  • 78 posts
  • Location - Germany
Exalted
I'm not getting too excited about TES Online. It's probably going to be an awesome game. But I think that the MMO genre needs a real revolution; something we haven't seen so far.

TES Online looks like it's going to be another generic fantasy MMO with some special features. I'm kind of done with fantasy settings.

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 780 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare
Matt Daniel from Massively got a 4 hour hands on block with this game and writes about character creation, character leveling, combat, and questing. It got me a little pumped for this game! Denfinatly a must read:

http://i.massively.j...scrolls-online/

Sarnakyle

Sarnakyle
  • Global Moderator
  • 780 posts
Exalted.GM.nightmare
The beta sign up has begun!!!

http://www.elderscro...beta-test-today

Euph

Euph
  • Early Adopter
  • 254 posts
Exalted.platinum

Signed up baby. If you don't get in I might even let you use my account. :p

Euphoric, Titan Fan Fiction. Go read it! 

We see things as we are, not as they are. - Harold Grayson

Be appreciative of today and excited for tomorrow - EuphEmoticon.png

Notable Threads: Lore Focus: Blizzard and Real-World Mythology  Lore Focus: Titan, Earth and Mythology  Gaming Addiction: Do you have it? What is it?

Templar

Templar
  • Early Adopter
  • 1231 posts
  • Location - County Durham, England, U.K.
  • BT - Kerrmy#2146
Exalted.platinum

Just signed up, It says I have a better than average chance of getting in :D

Good luck guys, I hope we all get in :D

but not you Euph, you don't deserve to :D jk

Also, if some of you guys are intrigued by ESO but don't know much about it, I'd suggest listening to this podcast by Force and Jesse Cox.

It outlines the basics of the game, combat, questing, character design and so on and eve touches on Jesse's personal experience playing the game!

It's a great podcast and is on live every Friday night at roughly 8pm GMT which is...

• 3PM EST
  • 12PM PST
  • Some god forsaken time in the Rockys :-)
  • 9PM in the rest of Europe.
  • I am sure if you're from anywhere else that you can figure it out yourself :-)

Enjoy!

ლ(ಠ益ಠ )

Orhai

Orhai
  • Early Adopter
  • 158 posts
Honored

signed up excellent chances of getting in :p