Jump to content

Change
Hello and welcome to Titan Focus, a fansite for Blizzard's next-gen MMOG! We aim to provide quality and unique info about to the game, while also supporting a strong, well mannered & bright community. Join now to help us build it! As a unique, limited-time offer, everyone that signs-up before the game is officially announced will receive a special Early Adopter rank, which includes bragging rights and many bonus features. It's a small way of saying thanks to those that help get the ball rolling. Hope you enjoy your visit!



Most Likes Received



* * * * *

Project Titan info leak: eSports, Jay Wilson, Blizzcon 2013 and more!


 

OK, here we go. I've been sitting on this info for more than a week, not only to do my absolute best to verify it, but also because I didn't want to publish the article before or during the April Fools craze. :) So let's begin!
 
Leak Validity
It's always hard to be sure about something like this, but I'm extremely confident about this one. The source is someone with firsthand info that I've personally talked with extensively and has provided solid info (names, photos, detailed description as to how and why he knows what he knows, edit: NOT photos of the game itself) to validate him/her self. There is always the chance that it's someone playing a silly prank, but this one would be a very elaborate one. I'm giving it a 95% chance to be true.

 

As always, what I'll report here are his/ hers conclusions of what (s)he's seen, so this can always deviate a bit from the truth, but not because of wrong intentions from either of us. Also, please don't draw any definitive conclusions about the game from this. It's a very rough sketch that might not even be entirely accurate. Disclaimers aside, let's get into the juicy stuff!

 

 

 

 
Game Universe

  • It's based on Earth's history, but also includes a high amount of fiction. It will have a "deep history", just as Warcraft and Starcraft.
  • They're intending to include many Warcraft elements into Titan's world. Mostly Easter Eggs, but can also extend to entire characters being ported into the new game, one way or another. 
  • When it comes to weapons, we'll have almost everything at our disposal, from magic to guns.
  • Heavy use of Greek, Roman and Viking myths.
  • They've invited some established writers (Richard A. Knaak for example) to help with the storyline.

 

 
 
Game-play

  • It's an MMORPG. We'll play from a 3rd person view, but there will also be a first person view during "events". No extra clarification as to the nature of these events could be given.
  • TAB targeting in combat.
  • It will benefit from a completely new game engine. 
  • Graphics will be in the established "Blizzard style".
  • Primarily a PC game, but next-gen consoles are still being considered. Probably after launch, as with D3.
  • It's designed with eSports in mind. They will try to grow it into a successful eSport.
  • There will be "clan" housing. No details on player-housing.
  • Last but not least, the game will have an Auction House. Nothing conclusive about a Real-Money Auction House but it is possible. As an extra tidbit, Blizzard was also considering introducing a RMAH into WoW at one point, but apparently not anymore.

 

 
 
Miscellaneous

  • Speaking of inside transfers, Jay Wilson is on the Titan team. Please don't go overboard with this. ^^
  • English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish localization now. More will come during beta.
  • They were considering implementing easy in-game recording at one point, unsure of the state of this at the moment.
  • BLIZZCON 2013 - Titan Teaser, details on expansions for all other major franchises (SC2, D3, WoW). There will be other small Titan teasers at the event but nothing major. They don't want to show any game-play until they have a solid date for beta.
  • Speaking of which, current plan is to open Family & Friends testing in Q1 2014.
  • The game has a name already that has been changed multiple times over the course of the development process. Unknown unfortunately.  :(
  • They're going full-out when it comes to the soundtrack. Each zone will have its own song, and the songs will vary vastly in type, rhythm. We've reported before that Jason Hayes has returned to Blizzard, so this is definitely not surprising.

That's about it. There are no mind blowing statements here, but I think the chances are very high that for the first time since we found out about Project Titan, we have a solid starting platform on which we can base our expectations and speculation.
 
Maybe even more than usual, I'm extremely curious to hear what you think about this! :)






107 Comments

Awesome stuff!

Things that standout imo:
1. Tab targeting. GG action based and all shooter rumors.
2. Time travel rumor back from the dead.
3. Esports!!!
Loving the altered history bit with heavy Greek, Roman, and Viking myths. This indicates it is a brand new IP and NOT a spinoff!! Hooray!!

Lot a great things here, but like you said, no major bombs. Though I am starting to rethink going to Blizzcon if I'm only going to catch a trailer.

Hamsters rock, Squirrels suck! yeah eSports! All this stuff sounds epic, I like how there is a wide range of weaponry and clan housing especially :)

 

I'm a little upset that there will only be a small teaser at Blizzcon but we may see some stuff very soon if this is legit, if this is legit, then we can expect sites like PCG to report on it. That always happens.

"It's always hard to be sure about something like this, but I'm extremely confident about this one. The source is someone with firsthand info that I've personally talked with extensively and has provided solid info (names, photos, detailed description as to how and why he knows what he knows) to validate him/her self."

 

It's easy to pretend that you have some "firsthand" info. All that is just another (not even juicy) rumor for me (unless you give us infos about the one you've talked with) and I even think you made this up yourself to push TitanFocus in the internet by suggesting that you are "extremely confident" about this one, so other sites may spread this info by linking it to TitanFocus - to get more audience in here for this pointless rumor. I just hope you are not one of this sort.

 

There are two parts that are very confusing and funny together;

 

You wrote: "and why he knows what he knows" - this definitely sounds like you are sure you've talked to a man.

 

and after that you wrote: "As always, what I'll report here are his/ hers conclusions of what (s)he's seen" - this sounds like you suddenly didn't know if you talked to a "he" or "she". So that sounds very dubious. Big mistake.

 

Also, why don't you give us solid info about this leak and your contact? What would you loose? You have to understand my distrust in this. Give us the name, photos and a detailed description about your contact, tell us where you talked to him/her (skype, IRL, email etc.) and what (s)he gave to you (if this isn't something that you have made-up yourself - and don't say you'd get in trouble if you do this, because you didn't sign any NDAs). 

"It's always hard to be sure about something like this, but I'm extremely confident about this one. The source is someone with firsthand info that I've personally talked with extensively and has provided solid info (names, photos, detailed description as to how and why he knows what he knows) to validate him/her self."

 

It's easy to pretend that you have some "firsthand" info. All that is just another rumor for me and I even think you made this up yourself to push TitanFocus by suggesting that you are "extremely confident" about this one. 

 

There are two parts that are very confusing and funny together;

 

You wrote: "and why he knows what he knows" - this definitely sounds like you are sure you've talked to a man.

 

and after that you wrote: "As always, what I'll report here are his/ hers conclusions of what (s)he's seen" - this sounds like you suddenly didn't know if you talked to a "he" or "she". All that sounds very dubious.

 

Also, why don't you give us solid info about this leak and your contact? What would you loose? You have to understand my distrust in this. Give us names, photos and detailed description about your contact (if it is not something that you have made-up yourself - and don't say you'd get in trouble if you do this, because you didn't sign any NDAs and that'd be just not true). 

Personally, I think these are real details but they are very vague ones, more details should be provided but it may be impossible for Mynsc to provide more, if his 'source' gave him these details then it is up to the source to give more details. Not Mynsc.

Personally, I think these are real details but they are very vague ones, more details should be provided but it may be impossible for Mynsc to provide more, if his 'source' gave him these details then it is up to the source to give more details. Not Mynsc.

 

"The source is someone with firsthand info that I've personally talked with extensively and has provided solid info (names, photos, detailed description"

 

 

By reading this, Mynsc stated clearly that he has got solid info about his contact - so why don't show it to us? Besides this, there are some dubious parts in his text as I've already mentioned. Be careful.

It's easy to pretend that you have some "firsthand" info. All that is just another (not even juicy) rumor for me (unless you give us infos about the one you've talked with) and I even think you made this up yourself to push TitanFocus in the internet by suggesting that you are "extremely confident" about this one, so other sites may spread this info by linking it to TitanFocus - to get more audience in here for this pointless rumor. I just hope you are not one of this sort.

 

You can consider me a fraud / liar, it's your choice, but that will definitely not make me identify the source because the person that told me all this requested full anonymity and I will respect that.

 

One of my roles here is to be the buffer between you guys and various people that want to give info. This mostly means 2 things: protecting the source's identity and making as sure as possible that (s)he's telling the truth. Telling you who (s)he is and how (s)he knows would break the first and wouldn't really help with the other, so it would be not only pointless but damaging. No can do.

 

If you can trust me then fine, if you can't, also fine. Hell, you might even turn out to be right, since like I said, there is always a small chance that I've been "played", as it's impossible to know exactly what someone's thinking. :p

 

There are two parts that are very confusing and funny together;

 

You wrote: "and why he knows what he knows" - this definitely sounds like you are sure you've talked to a man.

 

and after that you wrote: "As always, what I'll report here are his/ hers conclusions of what (s)he's seen" - this sounds like you suddenly didn't know if you talked to a "he" or "she". All that sounds very dubious.

 

I actually don't know if the source is a he or she (although I can guess ofc) and it's not important. The temptation is to refer to an unknown person as a "he", so that's why the discrepancy between the two phrases. Don't read too much into it.

 

Also, why don't you give us solid info about this leak and your contact? What would you loose? You have to understand my distrust in this. Give us names, photos and a detailed description about your contact and what he gave to you (if this isn't something that you have made-up yourself - and don't say you'd get in trouble if you do this, because you didn't sign any NDAs). 

 

The source would get in trouble though. ;) 

"It's always hard to be sure about something like this, but I'm extremely confident about this one. The source is someone with firsthand info that I've personally talked with extensively and has provided solid info (names, photos, detailed description as to how and why he knows what he knows) to validate him/her self."

 

It's easy to pretend that you have some "firsthand" info. All that is just another (not even juicy) rumor for me (unless you give us infos about the one you've talked with) and I even think you made this up yourself to push TitanFocus in the internet by suggesting that you are "extremely confident" about this one, so other sites may spread this info by linking it to TitanFocus - to get more audience in here for this pointless rumor. I just hope you are not one of this sort.

 

There are two parts that are very confusing and funny together;

 

You wrote: "and why he knows what he knows" - this definitely sounds like you are sure you've talked to a man.

 

and after that you wrote: "As always, what I'll report here are his/ hers conclusions of what (s)he's seen" - this sounds like you suddenly didn't know if you talked to a "he" or "she". So that sounds very dubious. Big mistake.

 

Also, why don't you give us solid info about this leak and your contact? What would you loose? You have to understand my distrust in this. Give us the name, photos and a detailed description about your contact, tell us where you talked to him/her (skype, IRL, email etc.) and what (s)he gave to you (if this isn't something that you have made-up yourself - and don't say you'd get in trouble if you do this, because you didn't sign any NDAs). 

 

Yes, let's throw everything people know out there so Mynsc and therefor the site can never be trusted again by people who don't wish to jeopordize their jobs...

It's not like that's important or anything

-_____-

 

Edit: Your post, especially the first part was beyond rude. So far, nothing on this site, and especially the news articles posted by Mynsc are a figment of his imagination. If that was the case there would much more articles. Furthermore, if he would post everything that 'some source' sent him  you would have seen an article every other day. I can assure you he gets bombarded with emails, tons of them, on a daily basis, claiming to know this. The fact this article is written should tell you two things A) Mynsc did his research on this person and B) he knows when something is legit or not.

"The source is someone with firsthand info that I've personally talked with extensively and has provided solid info (names, photos, detailed description"

 

 

By reading this, Mynsc stated clearly that he has got solid info about his contact - so why don't show it to us? Besides this, there are some dubious parts in his text as I've already mentioned. Be careful.

What I meant was, Mynsc can never be 100% sure that a person is genuine, unless he got information from Mike Morhaime or someone like that which I highly doubt, I could walk up to Mynsc and tell him a load of lies and if I was good at lying, he may believe me. That's a normal response.

 

I am sure Mynsc has no malicious intent behind this leak, I have spoken to Mynsc (typed to I guess) dozens of times and he's a stand up guy and doesn't seem like the kind to be malicious. Leaking the source's identity would only cause problems, 1. the source would likely be fired from Blizzard and punished for violation of an NDA (Assuming one for Titan exists, it probably does) and 2. TF may get in trouble for releasing this information.

 

I'm sorry but I'm with Mynsc on this one, there is too much to lose by releasing too much information whether that be about the game or about the source. Let's just be grateful that we have some knowledge regarding the game.

It's not like that's important or anything

-_____-

 

You are right, it's not. But you don't have anything against me or my posts? Let me know, because that's important - to stay friendly.

 

You can consider me a fraud / liar, it's your choice, but that will definitely not make me identify the source because the person that told me all this requested full anonymity and I will respect that.

 

You have to accept my opinion on this, because it's a forum and in a forum you have different people with different opinions. I think I have good reasons to disbelieve your recent article. 

 

One of my roles here is to be the buffer between you guys and various people that want to give info. This mostly means 2 things: protecting the source's identity and making as sure as possible that (s)he's telling the truth.

 

Okay, one question: Why did you forget to write (s)he over here: "...and why he knows what he knows..."

because after that you suddenly put this "she" in front of "he". Did you have a brain-meltdown?

 

if you can trust me then fine, if you can't, also fine. Hell, you might even turn out to be right, since like I said, there is always a small chance that I've been "played", as it's impossible to know exactly what someone's thinking. :p

 

No, I think you've misunderstood me. I didn't disbelieve your contact, I said I disbelieve you and this article. I think this is your fiction. I hope it's not your fiction, I actually hope you really talked to somebody. I don't even mind if it is true or not what (s)he said to you, if it's not your own fictional rumor to push TitanFocus.

 

I actually don't know if the source is a he or she (although I can guess ofc) and it's not important.

 

that's okay, you just have to keep writing "(s)he" and do not make the mistake of writing only "he" or "she" because that sounds very dubious in combination with other sentences where you wrote "(s)he". that's another thing that makes me to disbelieve you. it's no personal attack.

 

The temptation is to refer to an unknown person as a "he", so that's why the discrepancy between the two phrases. Don't read too much into it.

Are you happy to have actually someone in this community who reads a little bit more between the lines than the others? I could get the feeling that I'm superfluous @ TitanFocus. 

The source would get in trouble though. ;)

 

Yes, but does it matter to you? Maybe the source is signed under NDA, but YOU are not. If you give us more info about your contact and what (s)he gave to you, we'll be fine.



Leaking the source's identity would only cause problems, 1. the source would likely be fired from Blizzard and punished for violation of an NDA (Assuming one for Titan exists, it probably does)

yes

and 2. TF may get in trouble for releasing this information.

 

no. if titanfocus would get problems with blizzard, then all the sites that made the blizzard product slate official must also get punished. but they didn't get any problems. so i still want more infos about the source to believe this article. 

No, I think you've misunderstood me. I didn't disbelieve your contact, I said I disbelieve you and this article. I think this is your fiction. I hope it's not your fiction, I actually hope you really talked to somebody. I don't even mind if it is true or not what (s)he said to you, if it's not your own fictional rumor to push TitanFocus.

 

Simple question to you: why are you on a site when you don't have faith in the people that run it? Just curiosity?

Yes, but does it matter to you? Maybe the source is signed under NDA, but YOU are not.

Correct, the source signed that NDA. Which is why you want to keep his/her identity confidential. Disclosing information about the source's identity is certainly the best way to kill this site by 1) getting the source fired and 2) essentially telling every other person "don't leak to titanfocus, they tell the world about you leaking confidential information".

Short: Don't bite the hand that feeds ;)


On topic.. I can't say I'm less excited now.

MuhAlter at the top right of this page you will find a large X press it and free yourself of the lies also have a nice life.

All that is just another (not even juicy) rumor for me (unless you give us infos about the one you've talked with)

 

Mynsc has a pretty good history of verifying stuff.  I won't speak to the veracity of the rumors, but I'll say that I'm absolutely certain Mynsc wouldn't post this to the front page if he didn't believe in it himself.  If the rumors aren't true it would be because the contact was very deceptive, not because Mynsc didn't do enough legwork.

Yes, but does it matter to you? Maybe the source is signed under NDA, but YOU are not. If you give us more info about your contact and what (s)he gave to you, we'll be fine.

 

Publicly giving information about source who requested anonymity is clearly the way to get people leak information to the site.

I've said all that I wanted to say and will every say on the matter. You can believe me or not, either way is fine. You've also made your point as clear as possible.

 

So from now on let's only talk about the contents of the article only. If you do not believe it, then just ignore it and don't derail the discussion, please.

 

Also, thanks everyone for the vote of confidence! 

What were the photos you saw? Screenshots? Art? 

 

How did they add credibility to this rumor? For instance, artwork doesn't mean much unless there's a way to tie it to Blizzard and the titan team. 

 

I'd love to know (generally) what the pictures were of.

MuhAlter at the top right of this page you will find a large X press it and free yourself of the lies also have a nice life.

 

is this the way titanfocus accept different opinions?

Simple question to you: why are you on a site when you don't have faith in the people that run it? Just curiosity?

Curiosity is the reason we are ALL here. 

What were the photos you saw? Screenshots? Art? 

 

How did they add credibility to this rumor? For instance, artwork doesn't mean much unless there's a way to tie it to Blizzard and the titan team. 

 

I'd love to know (generally) what the pictures were of.

 

They weren't of the game itself. If they were, you can be sure I would've published them. They added credibility to the rumor because they placed the source at a certain time, in a certain place, that supported the rest of the story.

You are right, it's not. But you don't have anything against me or my posts? Let me know, because that's important - to stay friendly.

 

 

You have to accept my opinion on this, because it's a forum and in a forum you have different people with different opinions. I think I have good reasons to disbelieve your recent article. 

 

 

Okay, one question: Why did you forget to write (s)he over here: "...and why he knows what he knows..."

because after that you suddenly put this "she" in front of "he". Did you have a brain-meltdown?

 

 

No, I think you've misunderstood me. I didn't disbelieve your contact, I said I disbelieve you and this article. I think this is your fiction. I hope it's not your fiction, I actually hope you really talked to somebody. I don't even mind if it is true or not what (s)he said to you, if it's not your own fictional rumor to push TitanFocus.

 

 

that's okay, you just have to keep writing "(s)he" and do not make the mistake of writing only "he" or "she" because that sounds very dubious in combination with other sentences where you wrote "(s)he". that's another thing that makes me to disbelieve you. it's no personal attack.

 

Are you happy to have actually someone in this community who reads a little bit more between the lines than the others? I could get the feeling that I'm superfluous @ TitanFocus. 

 

Yes, but does it matter to you? Maybe the source is signed under NDA, but YOU are not. If you give us more info about your contact and what (s)he gave to you, we'll be fine.



yes

 

no. if titanfocus would get problems with blizzard, then all the sites that made the blizzard product slate official must also get punished. but they didn't get any problems. so i still want more infos about the source to believe this article. 

There is a big difference between leaking a product slate and leaking first hand information about an unannounced Blizzard project.

MuhAlter at the top right of this page you will find a large X press it and free yourself of the lies also have a nice life.

This seems a bit harsh. He has every right to doubt the credibility of ANY rumor, as we all do. 

 

I love the rumors that come through this site. It's fun to read and attempt to figure everything out. However, no one has provided any proven info about Titan thus far. No one has more credibility than anyone else at this point. As soon as the first VERIFIED leak comes out, we will begin to understand who really had info, and who just made it up. 

is this the way titanfocus accept different opinions?

Look, just stop it. We have heard your opinion and respect that but this is an article to discuss the contents of the leak, gameplay features etc. Not throw out conspiracies regarding any members of TF.

 

Now, onto the matter at hand. Do you have anything constructive to add? If not, then don't comment, it's as simple as that.

You are right, it's not. But you don't have anything against me or my posts? Let me know, because that's important - to stay friendly.

I was being sarcastic, I feel a job is quite more important these days and more important then 'proving' something to someone online.

 

I didn't mean to be harsh or rude but honestly, you reap what you sow. You can't call people liars ( or imply they are lying ) and expect that to be fine, especially since there has never been any reason for anyone here to doubt an article that was posted here. I have nothing against you at all, I enjoyed your posts so far but I won't ignore comments like that towards someone who has done so much for this community already and is trying so hard to do something for a game we are all interested in and know nothing about. 

 

With that said, I won't derail the thread any longer.

Mynsc, is all the info the source GAVE you, or all the info the source HAD?

 

Just curious if we will see deeper detail at some point.